Search
Register
Welfare and the like. Thoughts?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

icarus502
kung-pwn master

adic wrote:
Icarus and Laurapalmer are killing it in this thread...

For those that seem to be overlooking the well thought out responses,

Yeah, a lot of poor-hating before me, LP, Redball, et al. After, not so much discussion. We got some useful gifs, though.

Shoulda stuck with jabs.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 pm
MP3D
Straaaange FAMOUS!

whats sad is the generations that have grown up 100% dependent on government assistance. i live in a pretty poor neighborhood. most of my neighbors have no jobs, stay at home all days , have tons of children and drive nicer cars than i do. as to anomoly's point, i see it 80% of the time too. lonestar card in checkout line, $80K SUV in the parking lot. the system is broken. its said that its easier to obtain a lonestar card in texas if you are an illegal immigrant, than a TX citizen. what irritates me is the lack of motivation these families have. out on the curb drinking beer everyday when i come home for lunch. no ambition. happy to live off others hard work. contribute!!!
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:59 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

MP3D wrote:
whats sad is the generations that have grown up 100% dependent on government assistance.

No no no. The sad part is that people are poor.

And it's like, of course poor people's children and grandchildren are poor. Somebody in our country has to be poor, who's going to be generally speaking besides people who were born that way?
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:01 pm
MP3D
Straaaange FAMOUS!

yes, i agree. but seriously, a lot of families are dependent on the government for everything. its so easy to be controlled when this occurs. what will happens when the country is no longer offering such programs. people with no skills or job experience are pretty much fucked. its almost out of a twisted envy that i get so mad about this. "why dont they have to work, and i do?" mentality. i know thats not a healthy viewpoint, but im surrounded by this a lot here in my neighborhood and TX in general. on one side they have reached the top..they will not climb any higher on any ladder, but as long as they are comfortable living on fixed means, i dont see them trying to better themselves.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 pm
Limbs

icarus502 wrote:
MP3D wrote:
whats sad is the generations that have grown up 100% dependent on government assistance.

No no no. The sad part is that people are poor.

Right. Ok.

But what about those privelidged white kids who come from middle class families and get on welfare and stay there? I'm not talking about judgment or jealousy, that's bullshit. I'm talking about the spoiled mindset. On some crying because your free apartment only has a wall air conditioner.

That safety net plus hard times with everything that is happening, are people giving up easier? Being content on government assistance?

Yes there are other factors, but are we, "the 99%", taking responsibility for ourselves? We like to point the finger a lot. And I am including myself when I say we.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:59 pm
Plum Puddin'

zagadka wrote:
Plum Puddin' wrote:

I have nothing constructive to say. But, is it just me or does jonah hill look completely unhealthy in this picture? Like he has been living off of mashed potato smoothies or something. he looks like he doesn't poop regularly?

Doesn't poop or poops way, way, way too much.

Like he has a poop coach who motivates him through rigorous 4 hr poop sessions while feeding him poop pills and calling him Nancy Poopsalot.

Maybe i'm thinking too much about it...

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:53 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Is it possible for Plum to not litter a thread with unfunny pictures and overblown comedic style? Probably not. But one of these days.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:26 pm
futuristxen

Plum is funny.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:36 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Obviously I don't think so. He made that funny office montage a while back, but in general no. It was pleasantly refreshing when he voiced an actual opinion in that other thread a few days ago.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 pm
Plum Puddin'

breakreep wrote:
Is it possible for Plum to not litter a thread with unfunny pictures and overblown comedic style? Probably not. But one of these days.

Yeah, probably not though.

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm
squirtisblow

i think they're hilarious.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 pm
phataccino

Did mp3d just say 80 percent of people he sees on the Lonestar card drive $80,000 SUVs? I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:20 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

futuristxen wrote:
Plum is funny.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm
Raoul DeGroot

Breakreep is just a contrarian.
Who won't tell anyone what a reep is.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 pm
AdamBomb

phataccino wrote:
Did mp3d just say 80 percent of people he sees on the Lonestar card drive $80,000 SUVs? I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.

I will say when I worked at a grocery store for about 3 years, a significant amount of the customers who used WIC or the Lone Star Card had brand new cars and trucks. You don't try to judge, but the Lone Star card would require going to a remote panel to run the card so it was obvious when folks were using one. Then you carry the groceries out and there is a brand new F250 with all the bells and whistles you think...wtf? This happened often enough, where it was pretty much a running joke amongst the grocery store employees. Then you see some dude who brings a bunch of change in like he dug in his couch or broke his piggy bank just to buy generic bologna hop in his 89 Celica with no hubcaps (maybe needs a jump). I don't know what the right answer is, but what I saw was pretty fucked up. I want to help that Celica dude out...not greedy McGee.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next