Random Video Thread (part 4)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

ROTTY

badjerk wrote:
ROTTY wrote:
Kool Keith and Tom Waits = Happy happy Joy Joy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ2znlF5TVM

Please embed. I wasnt going to ask again today but this needs embedding.

ironic thing is i dont think i was able to properly embed my vid above (from vimeo). first tried copy/pasting the embed code from vimeo, then tried using the youtube embed code and replacing part of it with the vimeo vid. other ironic thing is that i dont really know the meaning of ironic but continue to use it in sentences.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TZ2znlF5TVM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

I love it when an embed comes together.

Ironic is a word that you can swiftly drop in a conversation and get away with because by the time people try working out what was ironic about the statement the conversation has moved on.

It does have the whiff of.... I want people to know im more intelligent than the average person, about it. Everyones guilty, keep using.
Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:22 am
Captiv8

Irony has to be one of the most misused terms out there, right along with random and hilarious, although the latter two tend to be more about scale than accuracy.
Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:32 am
ROTTY

Captiv8 wrote:
Irony has to be one of the most misused terms out there, right along with random and hilarious, although the latter two tend to be more about scale than accuracy.

So true. Your a teacher right? Hopefuly English so you can drill the kids. Go all Taylor Mali on them.
Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 am
Captiv8

ROTTY wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:

Your a teacher right?

Two demerits, sir.

I'm not a full-blown teacher just yet, but I do lead discussion sections and help students write research papers. Some of the stuff I read is absolutely appalling from a grammatical, organizational, and stylistic perspective, and disheartening as well. Unfortunately I am at a, shall we say, lower-tier university, where the admissions requirements have more to do with whether or not students can pay for tuition that GPAs and capacity to learn. At least they pay me to be here.
Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:20 am
name

badjerk wrote:
Sage teaches you how to peel garlic

http://www.saveur.com/article/video/video-How-to-Peel-a-Head-of-Garlic-in-Less-Than-10-Seconds?cmpid=fb

That's actually really useful. Thanks

Also, for the first 10 second I was convinced it truly was Sage with a voice-over. Uncanny.
Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:49 am
ROTTY

Captiv8 wrote:
ROTTY wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:

Your a teacher right?

Two demerits, sir.

I'm not a full-blown teacher just yet, but I do lead discussion sections and help students write research papers. Some of the stuff I read is absolutely appalling from a grammatical, organizational, and stylistic perspective, and disheartening as well. Unfortunately I am at a, shall we say, lower-tier university, where the admissions requirements have more to do with whether or not students can pay for tuition that GPAs and capacity to learn. At least they pay me to be here.

Thats still a rocking job compared to most. Im a Dog trainer and most of my clients cant spell for shit:)

Anyway back on topic:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nrkvpi9IuSk?version=3&amp;hl=fi_FI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:57 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79