Search
Register
GOP Debates
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Self Conscious

GOP Debates  Reply with quote  

so the crowd booed a gay soldier in tonight's debate. and Santorum said that serving in the military is a privilege that gay Americans don't have. WOW

and on a lighter note. when asked about vice president's, Perry mentioned gay interracial sex between newt and cain. would have loved to see Santorum's face after that one.

"I don't know how you could do this," Perry said. "But if you could take Herman Cain and mate him up with Newt Gingrich, I think you would have a couple really interesting guys to work with."

Romney was also ready with a laugh line.

"There are a couple images I'm going to have a hard time getting out of my mind," he said.
Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:41 pm
Jack

Re: GOP Debates  Reply with quote  

Self Conscious wrote:
so the crowd booed a gay soldier in tonight's debate. and Santorum said that serving in the military is a privilege that gay Americans don't have. WOW

and on a lighter note. when asked about vice president's, Perry mentioned gay interracial sex between newt and cain. would have loved to see Santorum's face after that one.

"I don't know how you could do this," Perry said. "But if you could take Herman Cain and mate him up with Newt Gingrich, I think you would have a couple really interesting guys to work with."

Romney was also ready with a laugh line.

"There are a couple images I'm going to have a hard time getting out of my mind," he said.

Yea that was really rough to watch. Santorum's reaction to that video was sickening as was the crowds reaction.
Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:22 am
Dr Sagacious

Santorum couldn't possibly be considered an option by moderates or swing voters. So for now, I just laugh, shake my head, or do both at the zany things he says.
Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:49 pm
Bicycle

I love this guy
Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:09 pm
Confidential

I'm thinking American democracy is going to closely resemble Dancing with the Stars this election year. Text your vote to the most dazzling candidate. Service fees may apply.
Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:35 pm
xGasPricesx

Maybe I haven't been following closely enough, but I feel like the GOP doesn't even have a chance this election. Perry, Bachmann, Santorum, and the like are all too extreme to be able to get any moderate votes in the general election. And the only other person that would have a decent shot is Romney, but he is uninspiring at best.

None of that even considers that they are about to go up against campaign Obama, which is a totally different beast than President Obama. I just don't think the GOP has a shot in hell of defeating in him in 2012, but crazier things have happened, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:35 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

xGasPricesx wrote:
Maybe I haven't been following closely enough, but I feel like the GOP doesn't even have a chance this election. Perry, Bachmann, Santorum, and the like are all too extreme to be able to get any moderate votes in the general election. And the only other person that would have a decent shot is Romney, but he is uninspiring at best.

None of that even considers that they are about to go up against campaign Obama, which is a totally different beast than President Obama. I just don't think the GOP has a shot in hell of defeating in him in 2012, but crazier things have happened, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Many people have been saying for months already that Obama is pretty much guaranteed to win the next election at this rate. Extremists may make for good pop TV, but when it comes down to voting, they scare people.
Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:26 am
xGasPricesx

jakethesnake wrote:
xGasPricesx wrote:

Many people have been saying for months already that Obama is pretty much guaranteed to win the next election at this rate. Extremists may make for good pop TV, but when it comes down to voting, they scare people.

Ha, I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention then. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being completely naive thinking these people didn't have a shot in hell of winning.
Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:21 pm
FuseONE

http://spreadingsantorum.com/
Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:42 pm
Jack

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:38 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

So apparently, if a study is endorsed by an official scientific organization, by definition it does not provide evidence about anything.

Time out. Time out.

Time out.

Time out.

Fuck this guy.
Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:01 pm
note1

I work for large company and got to hear our lobbyists give a presentation recently. Aside from all but saying that everyone in washington is scared of the tea party and what they might do, they also gave Obama about a 40% chance of re election. Basically they felt that unemployment was too high and would make it tough for anyone to be re elected.

I would think he would have better chance too, but it can tough to see past your own bubble in these kinds of things.
Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:35 pm
MCGF

I think that if Romney gets nominated, Obama will have a very hard time getting re-elected.

If any of the crazies get nominated, it's a toss up. The economy is really fucking bad, and people blame the president for the economy (even though there is relatively little the president can actually do).

People are so pissed off though that a lot of people may just vote against ALL the incumbents, in which case we would have the weird situation of Democrats winning the house but losing the presidency.
Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:32 pm
Plum Puddin'

Rick Perry supports the troops.

Perry doesn't give a shit about debates.

There's a plan in place for him. A machine at work.

It doesnt matter how well anyone does at the debates.

The majority of people won't remember what was said in two weeks.

Elections are won by marketing campaigns and Pretty Ricky's is gonna be something special.

He's gonna pull out some Vladimir Putin style ruggedness. A few photo ops with his shirt off.

Fishing. Horseriding. Fighting a bear.

This is what wins elections now.

Towards the end when he names Palin as his running mate and the media dubs them some sort of twisted Prom King & Queen of the world, the public will eat that shit up.

A gypsy told me.

No one is voting for a mormon named Mitt.
Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 am
xGasPricesx

Plum Puddin' wrote:

No one is voting for a mormon named Mitt.

No one would vote for a black man named Obama. Oh wait...
Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next