Search
Register
Tea Party Debate
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

FuseONE

One of these people stands a very real chance of becoming president next year. and they aren't going to inherit a healthy economy like bush did. which means they could make the bush years look like a picnic. it's going to be awesome.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:54 pm
Plum Puddin'

Thats her sharpie to cross out any references to evolution, dinosaurs, gays, immigrants and common sense in general that she may come across in her day to day life.

I've heard she also has an insatiable habit of drawing a dick & balls wherever she goes.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:54 pm
Prontoid

she shoulda just drawn the balls on her chin and been done with it
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:59 pm
Plum Puddin'

FuseONE wrote:
it's going to be awesome.

Thats the spirit.

I think as a whole this civilisation has reached its peak.

We may have internet phones so we can poop & post and 3D TV's so it feels like Drew Carey is in my living room but our collective brain finds it hard to ........ focus on........... stuff.

It's a slow spiral downwards now, but we have the best seats in the house.

i love this guy.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:03 am
Prontoid

Wonder how many sausages he can fit into those boots simulteanously, bet he could slurp them all ...actually you could photoshop a sausage nicely into his mouth on the second shot
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:19 am
Plum Puddin'

One of these men will sit in the throne.

It won't be Ron, coz Ron is Ron.

It won't be Huntsman. He has the looks but his name reminds people of spiders so fuck that.

Pretty Ricky however, could be just the hero Gotham needs right now.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:25 am
Plum Puddin'

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 am
futuristxen

The reason you know that Rick Perry is going to be president is because no matter how contradictory, or stupid the shit that comes out of his mouth is--his approval numbers keep going up.

He's like some sort of fusion of Dubya and Reagan. And apparently even dumb photographs won't sink him. He won't go out like Dukakis because he'll look like a badass in that tank.

Also I don't believe he has an ideology. I think he's completely power driven, which tends to make the most successful politicians. He'll have no trouble saying what needs to be said.

It's tempting to let all of this scare me into an Obama vote next year...very tempting.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

futuristxen wrote:
The reason you know that Rick Perry is going to be president is because no matter how contradictory, or stupid the shit that comes out of his mouth is--his approval numbers keep going up.

Except that's like totally not true. It's the opposite of true:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/09/americans-strongly-disagree-with-the-statements-rick-perry-made-about-social-security-in-last-weeks-republican-presidential-d.html

Quote:

Americans strongly disagree with the statements Rick Perry made about Social Security in last week's Republican Presidential debate, and Barack Obama has nearly doubled his lead over Perry nationally in the span of just 3 weeks.
Only 20% of voters agree with Perry that Social Security is a Ponzi scheme to 70% who dissent from that statement. Democrats (4/87) and independents (20/69) are pretty universal in their disagreement with Perry and even Republicans (39/49) don't stand with him on this one. When it comes to the possibility of actually ending Social Security voters are even more unanimous- 82% oppose taking that step to only 10% who would be supportive of it. If Perry ends up as the Republican nominee and Democrats can effectively convince the electorate that he does want to end Social Security it could be an extremely damaging issue for him.

Quote:

In fact it appears that Perry's rhetoric on Social Security could already be causing him problems. When PPP did a national poll three weeks ago Barack Obama led Perry by only 6 points at 49-43. Now that gap has widened to 11 points at 52-41. The main movement has come with Democratic voters. On the previous poll Obama had only a 68 point lead with the party base at 81-13 but now it's 80 points at 89-9. We know there are a lot of Democratic voters disenchanted with Obama right now but if the GOP puts forward someone like Perry who's willing to go after one of the Holy Grails of the party's orthodoxy like Social Security it might scare those voters back into the fold.

futuristxen wrote:

It's tempting to let all of this scare me into an Obama vote next year...very tempting.

Me and you and everyone we know.

Last edited by icarus502 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:00 am
FuseONE

Something interesting about perry...as recently as 2000, he was a democrat. its hard to believe given his extreme views. but he obviously saw the winds changing.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:00 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

FuseONE wrote:
Something interesting about perry...as recently as 2000, he was a democrat. its hard to believe given his extreme views. but he obviously saw the winds changing.

Not that recently. He left the Democratic Party in '89. At least until the early '90s, in some Southern states Texas being one of them all politicians who wanted statewide influence had to be Democrats, regardless of their stances. In Kentucky, which is far from a liberal state, Republicans have only held the governor's office for 20 of the past 100 years.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:08 am
Limbs

Plum Puddin' wrote:

Mind if I make this my facebook profile pic?
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:25 am
Asterax

If Perry gets the nomination, Obama will win re-election.

If Romney gets the nomination, it will be a much closer election and impossible to predict a winner.

As some have already pointed out, a Perry nomination would energize the left's base around Obama.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:27 am
Mark in Minnesota

I don't think Perry can get the nomination.

I think his opponents just have to press him in certain ways on Social Security and on previous positions of his like the Texas secession issue until he becomes unelectable in key battleground primaries.

He'll get chased out of the Republican race the same way Howard Dean got chased out of the Democratic race in 2004, and in essentially the same way. The result will be a candidate who appeals to the center but does not meaningfully energize his base; the perceived advantage here is that the base doesn't need to be energized because of their pathological hatred for Obama. A lot of them will willingly hold their nose and vote for someone they perceive to be a RINO, just to get Obama out.

The wildcard is the Tea Party dynamic; some of those voters showed in 2009 and 2010 elections that they would rather be running shit in a unified minority party than be a minority member of a majority coalition party.

Last edited by Mark in Minnesota on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 am
X the Outsider

According to my cousin, the laughing and cheering was sarcasm. If that makes sense to you, please explain it to me.
Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next