Search
Register
Riots break out in north london
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

point is LA riots did not have more purpose or less wanton destruction. the UK riots have definitely not matched the severity of the LA riots so far.
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

But just because people died doesn't mean it was without purpose. I see what you're saying now, I just don't agree. People were upset that those cops got off. Even I was. That's probably one of the first times I thought justice had failed. I'm using wanton in the sense that the rioting here seems to be without motive in a lot of the cases. I don't get the sense that there was a lack of motive during the L.A riots. Again, I was young.
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:19 pm
Mikal kHill

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:41 pm
AsYourAttorneyI

Mikal kHill wrote:

Saw this an hour or two ago. Disgusting.
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:01 pm
jakethesnake

The smell of troll is strong with that one.
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:38 pm
xGasPricesx

Ha, seriously. Especially considering they aren't even from the UK.

Edit: Was anyone else reminded of a certain story about punching a cop from an old forum member after reading those tweets?

Last edited by xGasPricesx on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:55 pm
squirtisblow

LA riots were bad. They came right through the street i lived on in LA. I was 10 at the time. I can remember my mom rushing home and freaking out, we had to pack some clothes for a few days time, pick the dog up from the cleaners, get my sister from somewhere, and head for her friend's house in the hills. All i knew was i had to get some shit for a few days at her friends. We got in the car and drive away. I don't remember anything until staying at her friend's.

My mom says as we pulled out of the drive way she looked down the street and there's a mob - guys with guns and machetes are walking down the street. This was probably on fairfax, wilshire or 8th, i don't know. She says she drove really fast, and we couldn't go a certain way because there was a man on top of the mall, the beverly center, with an uzi shooting down at people.

Needless to say, we got the dog, my sister, and i remember being in this house on the hills. I have a distinct memory of watching the city burn at night, just glowing with smoke and smears of red. Another thing that has stuck in my mind was watching reginald denny get the shit beat out of him in the street. I couldn't understand why. I think it was the first time i really felt a thick empathy for someone on TV; where you just feel it in your chest.

I don't know why i decided to share this after someone brought up the LA riots. It was scary, and that memory of my mom's haste and the burning city in the night bubble back to the surface when i see riots of this magnitude.

I found this blog a pretty good read on the situation, not sure if someone else has posted this yet. http://pennyred.blogspot.com/
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 pm
mlanifesto

Clues:

Exhibit A: The Devil horn hand thing.
Exhibit B: "faggot" without working it into a bad pun on pork based nature of the foodstuff.
Exhibit C: UK Stephen King fans tend not to be the most outdoorsey people.
Exhibit D: Self identifying as a "hot blonde chick"?

Might as well ended the tweets with "Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!" and rode off into the sunset firing a six shooter into the air.
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:22 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Mikal kHill wrote:

The credulity is incredible.
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:56 am
jakethesnake

BBC blames teh rap music for the riots (well not really, they just linked it from The Daily Mirror)

10 reasons for the riots

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14483149
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 am
Mikal kHill

mlanifesto wrote:
Clues:

Exhibit A: The Devil horn hand thing.
Exhibit B: "faggot" without working it into a bad pun on pork based nature of the foodstuff.
Exhibit C: UK Stephen King fans tend not to be the most outdoorsey people.
Exhibit D: Self identifying as a "hot blonde chick"?

Might as well ended the tweets with "Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!" and rode off into the sunset firing a six shooter into the air.

lol
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:30 am
FranktheP

squirtisblow wrote:
I can remember my mom rushing home and freaking out, we had to pack some clothes for a few days time, pick the dog up from the cleaners, get my sister from somewhere, and head for her friend's house in the hills.

I found your whole post interesting but I only focused on the dog part. Why the helll was your dog at the cleaners?
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:47 am
squirtisblow

FranktheP wrote:
squirtisblow wrote:
I can remember my mom rushing home and freaking out, we had to pack some clothes for a few days time, pick the dog up from the cleaners, get my sister from somewhere, and head for her friend's house in the hills.

I found your whole post interesting but I only focused on the dog part. Why the helll was your dog at the cleaners?

haha, i should of been more clear that it was the dog groomers. You have to remember this riot broke out in a day. For my mom it was just a regular day that happened to started out with taking the dog to get a bath before she goes to work. We couldn't leave the dog at the groomers. Especially if riots were going to go down the street where the groomers were.
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:08 am
FranktheP

squirtisblow wrote:
FranktheP wrote:
squirtisblow wrote:

haha, i should of been more clear that it was the dog groomers. You have to remember this riot broke out in a day. For my mom it was just a regular day that happened to started out with taking the dog to get a bath before she goes to work. We couldn't leave the dog at the groomers. Especially if riots were going to go down the street where the groomers were.

Haha...makes total sense now!
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

squirtisblow wrote:
there was a man on top of the mall, the beverly center, with an uzi shooting down at people.

I've read a shit-ton about the LA uprising and I've never heard that there was a guy randomly shooting people from a building with an uzi.
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:45 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next