Riots break out in north london
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

icarus502
kung-pwn master

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
english bob wrote:
you can't shoot anyone for any reason

This can't be true. Even if they're, like, trying to rape you?

How are you going to legally shoot someone who's trying to rape you when you most likely have no legal right to own a pistol?
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:04 am
Charlie Foxtrot

icarus502 wrote:
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
english bob wrote:

How are you going to legally shoot someone who's trying to rape you when you most likely have no legal right to own a pistol?

Some people owns guns legally in England.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:13 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
english bob wrote:

That's why I said "pistols." The only pistols legal in England are muzzle loading, for animal control, or for historical purposes.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 am
mancabbage

and only people like this have them

sorta

this is so crazy, police been round area telling everyone to stay in tonight as my bit of green lanes (palmers green) is targeted tonight. All shops are closed, police everywhere, not sure what to do. Gona go have a butchers i reckon

Jewelry store got broken into via ramrade last night but was swiftly defended by our local organised criminals who's gambling place is 20 meters up the road, they're gona serriously fuck up if they try and smash that place in. Those guys are animals

couple of mates i know live in enfield, one has had his windows smashed in on his house and a car was burnt out down his road.

this feels like a real life zombie movie
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:27 am
Charlie Foxtrot

icarus502 wrote:
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
english bob wrote:

That's why I said "pistols." The only pistols legal in England are muzzle loading, for animal control, or for historical purposes.

Why would it have to be a pistol? If someone is chasing you, you might have time to get to a shotgun or rifle.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 am
Inedible Condiment

Not to say that you fall into the category Charles my boy, but this type of insistence on the right to shoot a guy is why Americans have a "gun-crazy" reputation.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:08 am
Charlie Foxtrot

Inedible Condiment wrote:
Not to say that you fall into the category Charles my boy, but this type of insistence on the right to shoot a guy is why Americans have a "gun-crazy" reputation.

I think we probably have a gun-crazy reputation because of the overwhelming amount of gun violence in our country. I dunno, you're telling me that you were in mancabbage's position you wouldn't want (A) a gun and (B) the right to shoot any baseball bat-toting rioters who might be trying to rob you?
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:37 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

I don't own a gun. Someone stole my GPS out of my car the other day. I didn't feel any need to shoot them. They weren't rioting, then again, these rioters aren't breaking into houses and attacking people are they?

My employer had someone from the Netherlands come to our company for training. She said that before she came she was extremely worried about the amount of violence she'd run into when she flew in. Her friends wanted her to check in with them regularly and were very concerned about her. Of course, once she actually arrived at the bustling metropolis of Portsmouth, NH, she was relieved that it was no more dangerous than Delft.

From reading this thread, I'd say their fears were probably not unjustified. Apparently the solution to violence in America is simply "shoot them".
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:14 am
ROTTY

Fuck...heading my way now.

Mancabbage i thought this was only north of the river... Last night Brixton and Streatham and I just walked down croydon local high street all shops are shut and 8 police vans scattered. Ominous groups are gathering. Bollocks! I dont own a gun but i have my dog, my shillelagh and my grandfathers swords.

Im way away from the highstreet so i should be fine but i hope nothing kicks off.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 am
mancabbage

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
Inedible Condiment wrote:

I think we probably have a gun-crazy reputation because of the overwhelming amount of gun violence in our country. I dunno, you're telling me that you were in mancabbage's position you wouldn't want (A) a gun and (B) the right to shoot any baseball bat-toting rioters who might be trying to rob you?

i dont want either, at all. I got two baseball bats, if they come i'll go outside and make a lot of noise and they'll probably run away, if not fuck it. I'll hit some.

Yea rotty its all over ldn now, just got told its started to kick off in hackney, i gotta head down that way in a bit on my bike so we'll see. I'm really close to the highstreet here its odd there man - whole thing closed down, everyone walking around looking worried and checking their phone, very strange atmosphere. I've heard nothing but sirens and choppers every evening

for the record, the first day had protestors in tottenham. Yesterday and today are about nothing but looting and crime - these kids are smashing up small businesses, setting peoples houses on fire and smashing their windows in - in their own fucking neighborhood.

fuck them all
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:35 am
mancabbage

cycled throught green lanes at about 4ish yesterday after the riots, this place is usually TEAMING with people, like you have to dodge them n shit, road usually at a standstil because of traffic (excuse the sniveling, i got a cold)

</object><p>green lanes after riot from on Vimeo.</p>
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Charlie, you crazy.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 am
english bob

this whole gun talk is beside the point, but while i'm on it - i don't want to own a gun, pistol, shotgun or anything. no-one is breaking into my house. i'm good.

that said, i don't live in london. i got out yesterday and wont be there again til next week, by which time, it'll be over. or at least, the army will be there. 28 days later style. if i DID live there, near anything that is kicking off at the moment, i'd probably want to be carrying. purely for posteuring's sake.

just avoid phone shops, or jd sports.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:54 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
note1

Why do you guys have baseball bats laying around, shouldn't you be kicking footballs at anyone threatening your domicile?
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:16 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Good fucking question. I don't think I have one baseball bat and I am a former baseball player. Mancabbage has two of them.
Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:27 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next