There will never be another Montana.

Matthew Stafford
Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:37 pm
Jared Paul

T-Wrex wrote:
WrathChild wrote:
There will never be another Montana.

Matthew Stafford

One more Superbowl and Brady will have a 4-1 superbowl record, a 5-2 afc championship record, probably the only undefeated season in the 16 game season era, and 3 of the top ten statistical seasons thrown by a qb in NFL history. And for the most part, will have done it with a pretty pedestrian crew compared o the weapons Montana had; offensively or defensively.

Montana also lost a bunch of playoff games, and 2 or 3 conference championship games as well. Just sayin'...
Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Captiv8

Montana is a huge state, and a Brady is a boring Blake.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm
selfworth

well i see oakland re-signed bush and signed boss, now hopefully boss can learn to catch the ball a little better
Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 pm
Captiv8

Feeling pretty inspired by Deion Sanders' Hall of Fame induction speech right now. Good Jesus, he's like a gospel preacher up there making me want to get up and do right for me and mine, especially my mom. Fuck the haters. "I was trick or treatin' and it wudn't even Halloween."
Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:31 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Have you ever seen a punter stick his foot up a writer's ass? Chris Kluwe responds to disparaging remarks made by Nate Jackson.

http://deadspin.com/5823788/chris-kluwe-responds-can-i-kick-it-yes-i-can

I'd copy and paste for you, but the comments section is kind of golden.
Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:34 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Sage Francis wrote:
Have you ever seen a Punter stick his foot up a writer's ass?

Nate Jackson isn't just a "writer" but he's a former NFL TE and is also one of the few former players who can translate locker room insight into more generalized, relevant insight. I thought his comments on Kluwe were interesting in the sense that they were about the pecking order of football culture but also, like I said, generally insightful in their reference to the economics of the lockout and the morality/opportunism of Kluwe's pro-management comments.

I've said before that the more we understand about the effects of football on the body, the less ethical it feels to enjoy the sport at all. And for me, also surely for the players, these incessant revelations affected their positioning in the labor dispute. To say nothing of the fact that RB's, in general, have incredibly short careers even at the top levels because their bodies are rund down, players in other skill positions, in addition to linemen and linebackers, are constantly at risk of both concussive and subconcussive brain trauma and the very real possibility of CTE, dementia, and an early death. With that in mind, it would seem correct that, on that fact alone, Kluwe should have shut the fuck up. Punters don't face that kind of futre. And then you add the fact that speaking out against your own union's goals in the middle of a fucking lockout is just lame in general. In the old days, they might have fucked him up.
Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:45 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

You gave me a better understanding here. Thank you. Still in all, I kinda like this guy's moxie. I feel like he is my spirit punter.
Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:58 am
selfworth

Sage Francis wrote:
Have you ever seen a punter stick his foot up a writer's ass? Chris Kluwe responds to disparaging remarks made by Nate Jackson.

I'd copy and paste for you, but the comments section is kind of golden.

that was pretty entertaining, and you have to appreciate a man that can openly call out brees and manning as douchebags, i respect those guys as players, but this guy is right on so many levels
Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:54 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Also, Kluwe mischaracterizes Jackson's NFL career:

Quote:

Yes, I don't run routes, or zone block, or cover receivers. Apparently, though, neither did you, which is the only explanation for your total lack of statistics.

He was a career backup, yes, but with 41 game appearance and a couple of TDs and a bunch of Special Teams tackles. He was in the league for like six years.

Anyway, did you guys read Jackson's original critique of Kluwe? It was much better written and more brutal. Team Nate!
Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:51 pm
laurapalmer

I guess I just don't understand how Kluwe is so out of touch his dumb ass thought that the suit Brady, Brees, etc brought was about them being "that guy" or money hungry douchebags, but instead, one more brick the nflpa was using to smash the owners plate glass doors. I expect that the nflpa didn't send a memo to everyone, but certainly surprised that his agent didn't say, hey, the guys you are criticizing are actually doing this for you and will drop their lawsuit in total as soon as the situation is resolved.

What a fucking goon.
Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:46 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

It's clear that I know more about the politics going on in True Blood than I do in professional sports. That said, I enjoy both. So since it's cooler to talk about sports I'm glad to have this discussion opened up here. I'm still trying to make sense of it all (football politics, not True Blood.)
Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:35 pm
Limbs

The Cowboys are like Maryanne, The Pats are like Eric, and the Lions are the Godric/Sookie roof scene. And Matt Millen is Jason, intelligence wise.
Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:26 am
Marcus Forealius

New England's D-line coming in weighing an angry half a ton, and the O-line is nothing to shake a stick at either. Now we've got Mankins secured for another 6 years.

It's been real nice sitting back and watching all of these moves by the Pats unfold this off-season.
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

My season starts tonight.... in four hours........ i can't wait......

preseason is like hearing demo tapes from my favorite artists before an album comes out...

eeeek

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next