Search
Register
NFL 2011
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

mattrego

phataccino wrote:
Asomugha to the Eagles...didn't see that coming after they traded for Rodgers-Cromartie. I wonder if that means they'll flip Rodgers-Cromartie. I can't imagine they deal Samuel. Could Rodgers-Cromartie move to safety?

Asante is apparently on the trading block
Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:04 am
FuseONE

The Eagles get Vince Young, Nnamdi Asomugha, Domnique Rogers-Cromartie, a Pro Bowl defensive end from Tennessee, Babin.....and today, a very good defensive tackle from Green Bay, Cullen Jenkins. And they already have Samuel, who I'm willing to bet goes to safety, not Rogers-Cromartie. they are gonna be no f*ckin joke on D this year and they already have one of the best offenses in the league. If Vick stays healthy, they are gonna be hell to play.

AND the Phillies get hunter pence...it's an awesome day to be a Philly sports fan, I must say.
Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:31 pm
Limbs

I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions offer up a 3rd or 4th rounder for Samuel. He has to have a few years left, right?
Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 pm
FuseONE

3rd or 4th rounder? I don't think so...he's better than that. You gotta see him play on a regular basis, he is an interception machine and he's ALWAYS around the ball. Although admittedly, he can't fucking tackle to save his life. But ff he gets traded, he goes for an above-average veteran middle linebacker, which is the only position on the eagles d where they're still pretty weak.
Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:57 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Speaking of the Lions........

Joey Harrington was on a bike and was hit by a RAV4 yesterday..

Broken collarbone and punctured lung..

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/08/joey_harrington_was_struck_in.html

Poor fella..
Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm
Limbs

Whoa. Is he even still in the league?

And on second thought, I'm happy it looks like the Lions won't go for Samuel.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:42 pm
Sarcastro

Limbs wrote:
Whoa. Is he even still in the league?

And on second thought, I'm happy it looks like the Lions won't go for Samuel.

why, because you'd like to see Samuel in the playoffs in your lifetime?
Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:20 pm
Limbs

What?
Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:00 pm
adic

Fuggin Tom Cable, Loosing Zach Miller's gonna hurt... Hopefully we can sign Kevin Boss...

Lots of teams are loading up this year, Eagles, Jets, Patriots all have squad...

Actually looking forward to watching the Lions even, their two young DT's should be fun to watch if they both stay healthy
Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 pm
selfworth

adic wrote:
Fuggin Tom Cable, Loosing Zach Miller's gonna hurt... Hopefully we can sign Kevin Boss...

it's all al davis' doing. i think that is apparent with cable and gradkowski going elsewhere. that man is running that team into the ground. now he's trying to get a new stadium to share with the 49ers? what i kinda skimpy bastard are you to try to share a stadium? they do need someone like boss with the loss of miller. but how can you sign boller and edwards, now oakland has 3 qb's that should never be a starter in the league.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:39 am
adic

What's apparent is that Al didn't want to pay out that kind of money to Miller. Regarding the stadium, the last thing Al wants is to share a stadium with the niners, however, given the economics of things, that may be the only option. I'd be ok with it if we get a new stadium out of it...

Agreed on the quarterback situation, but that seems to be the norm...
Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:49 pm
Captiv8

What the hell is this Nick Fairley foot surgery shit? Now he has to miss almost all of training camp, which means he won't be as prepared for the regular season in terms of defensive schemes, blitzes, coverage, etc. He doesn't strike me as the kind of dude that will hit the books either.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Limbs

Well here's hoping. I'm just glad that is the one position they have the depth to cover him to let him heal properly. And I don't think KVB will let dude slack in any way. I'm still optimistic. I wasn't expecting much from him this year anyway. They all can't be Suh.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 am
WrathChild

So, last year I predicted a Niners super bowl and Alex Smith as MVP. It appears my prediction was one year off. That's right, Harbaugh is going to unleash the ghost of Bill Walsh and open up a decade of red and gold tyranny on the NFL. Sorry all you Pats fans but the team of the 80's is back.

Other predictions:

-The Niners ain't sharing a stadium with a bunch of low-rent assholes like the Raiders. Jed York is going to pull a rabbit out of his ass and the US Navy is going to clean up Hunter's Point. The Niners new stadium will be right where it belongs, in San Francisco. Kiss my ass Santa Clara.

-Patrick Willis will have the best year of his career. Kolb and Bradford will announce early retirements.

-Frank Gore will lead the league in rushing yards.

-Collin Kaepernick is the next Steve Young. Yeah, Young, not Montana. There will never be another Montana.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:22 pm
Captiv8

You are mental on probably everything but the stadium bit, which I don't know enough about to confirm or deny.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next