Search
Register
murdoch getting a kicking
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

mancabbage

murdoch getting a kicking  Reply with quote  

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/07/10/murdoch-s-watergate.html

you guys been following this over there...?

Darth Murdochs paper (the biggest selling one in the UK) was found to have been hacking into phones of celebs, shit blew up, then over... but recently leaked that they were hacking into murdered girls phones (deleting messages), dead soldiers, politicians and bribing the police. The guy who was in charge at this paper was later appointed Camerons media adviser. He got arrested the other day.. woopsy :)

Anyways this all happened during a time when murdoc is trying to buy 100% of sky news so that he can create a "fox news uk", the deal means so much to him that he just shit canned the entire paper - closed it down. biggest selling paper in the uk, gone. Buuuuuut he hasn't sacked rebbeckah wade - who was editor at the time the paper was hacking milly dowlers phone (murdered girl) she must have some serious shit on murdoch that he'd kill an entire paper but keep her on.

anyway the reason i post this now is that this is one of our papers front page tomorrow :

welcome to the party america?

Gonna be an interesting week,

Last edited by mancabbage on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:15 pm
futuristxen

Oh wow. This could be good.
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:28 pm
mancabbage

looking forward to seeing what those sacked journos reveal, its started coming out already, some of it is just bizarre

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1406429/Pottergate-we-publish-the-secret-tapes.html

^
can't make this shit up

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2011/07/11/phone-hacking-9-11-victims-may-have-had-mobiles-tapped-by-news-of-the-world-reporters-115875-23262694/

PM warned against appointing murdochs man. PI asked by the paper to hack 9/11 victims phones

I am loving this. so much
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:36 pm
futuristxen

I can't wait to turn to fox news and get the fair and balanced reporting on this
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 pm
outpatient

mancabbage wrote:
I am loving this. so much

yeah I can't remember the last time a news story filled me with such fucking glee. watching david cameron and news international rally themselves for the impending media locust swarm has been glorious
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:55 pm
mancabbage

I know man, it may be july and raining outside but i am so fucking happy to bathe in this shit storm, no one is scared of him anymore as the public have turned on everything he owns. So good, so so good

"Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation empire could face a bill of more than $100m (62m) if US authorities launch an investigation into corruption following allegations that the News of the World routinely made payments to police officers totalling more than 100,000."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/8629180/Rupert-Murdochs-News-Corp-could-face-100m-bill-for-US-investigation-into-police-payments.html

</object>

^ that was one expensive fuck up huh?

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm
zeem

I think it's important to repeat this.
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:36 pm
mlanifesto

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:48 pm
Asterax

The term "phone hacking" bugs me. While I do not have an intimate knowledge of this issue, I imagine the reporters allegedly guessed the goddamn voice mail password of the victims which was probably set to default or a easily guessable phrase.

Am I wrong?

</rant>
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:56 pm
Asterax

Futur et all,

Check out the search results when you type: "murdoch" into the foxnews.com site engine: http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?&submit=Search&q=murdoch

Haha... this article is like buried in their business, other stories and europe section. Those are absolutely the most popular sections of foxnews.com... not.
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:00 pm
Sarcastro

My favourite was when it first leaked they kept saying "those celebs make $5 mil a movie no one cares if we go through their text messages"

as if there is a maximum salary level before the right to privacy goes out the window.

Even in that video above about paying the police, they say it with such confidence and attitude as if what they're doing is not at all wrong, it's just a service to the public
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:10 pm
mlanifesto

mancabbage wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1406429/Pottergate-we-publish-the-secret-tapes.html

can't make this shit up

That was comedy gold. It's like Armando Ianucchi or Chris Morris wrote it.

Asterax wrote:
The term "phone hacking" bugs me. . .
Am I wrong?

You're not wrong. You got it exactly right.

The smartest stuff this paper ever managed to do involved dressing up a man as a fake sheikh, to get rich and inbred people to say stupid shit to someone they perceive to be a fellow lizard person.

Sarcastro wrote:
Even in that video above about paying the police, they say it with such confidence and attitude as if what they're doing is not at all wrong, it's just a service to the public

Some NoTW people are acting like this is an attack on journalism itself.

Steve Coogan goes for the righteous indignation dollar, when a former NoTW features editor tries to pull that shit:

Steve Coogan on the benefits of NoTW wrote:
Hitler was nice to dogs.
[/quote]

Last edited by mlanifesto on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:23 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

I love that Hugh Grant is the voice of the British public regarding this incident.
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:26 pm
mancabbage

yeah mad respect gotta go to chris byrant (check it http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/world/europe/10britain.html?pagewanted=1&hpw ) and tom watson though, 2 MPs that have pushed this story in the commons without fear

I think the big bomb will be when / if more evidence of paying the police comes out, won't look good on cameron if coulson is in a prison cell for paying coppers.

He goes horse riding with rebbeckah brooks ffs.. death by association, i hope

good article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14093772

A News International journalist is reported to have said to Labour leader Ed Miliband: "You've made it personal with Rebekah so we're going to make it personal with you."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14093772

I always knew that singer from simply red was a wanker
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:01 pm
Buddy Peace

That Steve Coogan appearance on Newsnight was awesome. I'm still unclear as to why he was hacked but he held it down the other night on there.

Indeed this week will be one to behold... I predict a disturbance of some sort.
Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next