Search
Register
RIP Ryan Dunn
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Isn't the entire Jackass series set up so that the "stars" pretty much just go around hurting other people and it's funny? I mean, that's the entire premise of the show right? If you worked at a hardware store and had to clean up feces off the floor you'd probably think so too.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am
anomaly
Loserface

In highschool, I was a sacker at a local grocery store. A bit before lunch on a Saturday, I heard two female coworkers come out of the restroom talking about something. Couldn't make out the words, but their overall tone made me think something was wrong w/ the restroom.

A couple hours later, I was instructed by my boss to clean up a stall in the lady's restroom. Someone managed to blast liquid feces all over the stall and 90% of it missed the bowl. After cleaning the mess w/ the help of my fellow sackers, I went home, discussed the situation w/ my parents.....and never returned to that job or the asshats I worked with. Those ladies knew about that bathroom mess hours before and didn't tell a soul. My boss then handpicked me for poo cleanup.

Sometimes you need someone else's help to realize where you are is not where you should stay. I think whoever blasted liquid that day. I would probably be running that place to this day, but instead I bolted, moved 500 miles away to where am now, and met my wife; all because of feces. It's all about perception, hardware worker....if you have to clean shit, keep moving.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:46 am
Mikal kHill

redball wrote:
Mac Lethal wrote:
He never hurt anyone.*

*Except Zachary Hartwell

If you die in the passenger seat and your friend is driving, you share responsibility. You made the decision to ride with the person in whatever condition they were in and ultimately you didn't ask them to stop. In the event ryan dunn was like, "Fuck you buddy, we're going to go ahead and speed up to 130 mph even though you are screaming in the passenger seat" then, yeah, he killed the guy alone. We'll never know that, though. He COULD have killed a stranger. That would have been more tragic.

While the jackass guys made folks uncomfortable, i am not aware of them ever doing harm to another person. maybe making a mess, but they had to get people's permission to air the skits they were in, i'm sure things were sorted out in that situation.

Last edited by Mikal kHill on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:46 am
JohnSchwan

jakethesnake wrote:
Isn't the entire Jackass series set up so that the "stars" pretty much just go around hurting other people and it's funny? I mean, that's the entire premise of the show right? If you worked at a hardware store and had to clean up feces off the floor you'd probably think so too.

I'd guess that most of the time they have someone go in and clean up after the fact, they have the money to do so and don't think they'd get away with a lot of the shit they do if not. Most of it would be highly illegal and charges would be pressed if it weren't smoothed over in some way.

Most of the people who get hurt are the people taking place in the movie and series, knowing that will happen.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:47 am
redball

Mikal kHill wrote:
redball wrote:
Mac Lethal wrote:
He never hurt anyone.*

*Except Zachary Hartwell

If you die in the passenger seat and your friend is driving, you share responsibility. You made the decision to ride with the person in whatever condition they were in and ultimately you didn't ask them to stop. In the event ryan dunn was like, "Fuck you buddy, we're going to go ahead and speed up to 130 mph even though you are screaming in the passenger seat" then, yeah, he killed the guy alone. We'll never know that, though. He COULD have killed a stranger. That would have been more tragic.

While the jackass guys made folks uncomfortable, i am not aware of them ever doing harm to another person. maybe making a mess, but they had to get people's permission to air the skits they were in, i'm sure things were sorted out in that situation.

It's shared responsibility. Dunn was driving the car. The one way Hartwell could be responsible for the accident would be if he did something once in the car that either caused Dunn to lose control or influenced it via distraction. Sure, Hartwell is responsible for getting into the car, especially if he knew how Dunn reportedly liked to drive, but that doesn't mean that Dunn should be excused from responsibility for Hartwell's death.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:28 pm
redball

via Marge

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:34 pm
Mikal kHill

I def am not saying he should be excused. I think he should be brought before a jury and tried for it.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

this thread is full of gossipy children
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:24 pm
X the Outsider

They just announced he was drunk and driving upwards of 130 MPH.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

X the Outsider wrote:
They just announced he was drunk and driving upwards of 130 MPH.

Since you couldn't be bothered to link:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/06/22/ryan.dunn.drunk/

Quote:

Toxicology testing by the coroner indicated Dunn's blood alcohol concentration was 0.196%, which is more than twice the legal state limit of 0.08, Carroll said.

So he clearly had far more than six drinks in four hours. In fact, for his BAC to be that high, he'd have to have had over twice that many drinks in that time.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:52 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I wish we could discuss this without Bam's stupid face getting in the way. Besides me, I don't know a more unlikeable dude.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm
mancabbage

aye bam has a face that is begging for a slap with a kipper.

also, for the record, i haven't fucked anyones mother

yet
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm
X the Outsider

I figured everyone here would be able to Google search this one since it has been big news this week.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm
mancabbage

westborough baptist church planning on protesting the funeral, wonder how that'll turn out
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 pm
Confidential

anomaly wrote:

A couple hours later, I was instructed by my boss to clean up a stall in the lady's restroom. Someone managed to blast liquid feces all over the stall and 90% of it missed the bowl.

Ha. I had a similar experience as a courtesy clerk. i was bagging groceries when the boss -nice enough guy by the way - pulled me aside and said come with me to the bathroom. He had the slightest grin of mischief on his face so I knew I was in for something awful. The men's bathroom was covered in shit and vomit. i did a good job that day- used lots of lysol.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next