Search
Register
PFA + People W/ Teeth Tour: ALL DONE! Thank you
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

remind

Yo yo happy born day, CT_B!
Post Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 am
Jared Paul

remind wrote:
Yo yo happy born day, CT_B!

Seriously! Mike G turned 21 on the Bug Jar stage last night, as PWT proceeded to rip their set in front of a packed hometown crowd. Audience was jumpin'... literally. This girl immediately began buying him doubles after the B-Day announcement. Like repeatedly; he politely had to cut it off at the 3rd or 4th one in a 15 minute span. As a non-drinker I'm not really a big proponent of stage drinking, but Mike made it look smooth. Lord Grunge would've been proud.

Syracuse show tonight:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=216172288410617
Post Thu May 26, 2011 1:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Thanks Remind!

Yeah, I did what I had to do. I'm not in the business of making a fool out of myself on stage (at least not from being intoxicated) but I tried to appease the ritual of the 21st birthday while maintaining the self control to finish a solid set.

The shows have been going so well. So far it's all been a good fit.

Are we going to see any forum faces in the next week? I'm especially looking at Philly, Albany and the RI shows as I've never played there! Where you at, SFF?

5/27 - Ithaca @ Silent City Distro / 8pm / All Ages
5/28 - Albany @ Valentines / 7:30p / $8 / 18+
5/29 - Providence @ Firehouse 13 / $10 / 5:30pm /All Ages (Japan Flood Victims Fundraiser)
5/30 - Worcester @ Ralph's Rock & Roll Cafe / 9p / Free / 21+
6/1 -Newport, RI @ Billy Good's w. The Rice Cakes
6/2 -Boston @ Democracy House w. Tickle Bomb Orchestra / 6p-11p / $1-$10 / All Ages
6/3 -Brooklyn @ Legion Bar w. WhyG & the XYZs and Jamie Kilstein
6/4 -Philadelphia @ Danger Danger Gallery / 8pm / $5 / All Ages
Post Fri May 27, 2011 11:25 am
Alan Hague

I think I lost 30 lbs. of sweat at last night's show in Syracuse. Seriously awesome time; it's been a great run so far. I highly recommend catching a show at the Bug Jar; seems to me to be a great little venue.

Ithaca TONIGHT!
Post Fri May 27, 2011 12:09 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

The PHILLY date has CHANGED VENUES. It is now at "PhilaMOCA". It's actually going to make for an even gnarlier show. Never played in a museum before.

JUNE 4
PhilaMOCA
531 North 12th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19123
ALL AGES
8PM

All the shows have been smashing. Getting to see PFA every night is the added bonus to playing great shows in great cities. Plus "the outlaw" William James has been murdering EVERY night. (williamjames.whatis174.com)

Half way done! Come out if you can!
Post Mon May 30, 2011 12:32 pm
FranktheP

CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:
The PHILLY date has CHANGED VENUES. It is now at "PhilaMOCA". It's actually going to make for an even gnarlier show. Never played in a museum before.

JUNE 4
PhilaMOCA
531 North 12th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19123
ALL AGES
8PM

Damn...I hate this neighborhood. It's about 5 blocks down from where I just saw Atmosphere play and leaving that show was a little shakey from the people hanging out around the venue. And this place is in a worse spot. I should still make it. I won't be there until 10p so I hope I don't miss PWT or PFA.
Post Tue May 31, 2011 11:00 am
Jared Paul

FranktheP wrote:
CriticalTheory_Breakfast wrote:

JUNE 4
PhilaMOCA
531 North 12th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19123
ALL AGES
8PM

Damn...I hate this neighborhood. It's about 5 blocks down from where I just saw Atmosphere play and leaving that show was a little shakey from the people hanging out around the venue. And this place is in a worse spot. I should still make it. I won't be there until 10p so I hope I don't miss PWT or PFA.

Frank! We got the shaft. DDG and PhilaMOCA are both DOUBLE BOOKED.

The good news is that the show is being rescheduled to Saturday, June 24th as part of the PFA New Hymns For An Old War Tour!

The bad news is that PWT will not be on the bill. Faaaaack.

NEW VENUE TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY!!
Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jared Paul

Just wanted to remind any Boston folks who might be coming that tonight's show is an EARLY ALL AGES EVENT:
People With Teeth will be on at 7p and PFA will be on at 8p.

It'll be nice to get home at a reasonable hour!

Amen.
Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:00 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

It's been an awesome string of shows with PFA, including a lot of "firsts" coming through New England, and even Upstate NY. We've had such an ill time.

The PFA gang are some of the coolest dudes around, and we're so happy to have been able to hit the road with them for this string of shows. Make sure you see them on their national tour kicking off in a few weeks! And cop that album!

We're wrapping it up tonight in NYC at Legion Bar in Brooklyn. 8pm.$5. 21+.
Come through if you're in the area, it's gonna be a good one.
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:01 am
Bob Harris

Brooklyn staaaaaand uuuuuuuuup.

Two of the most exciting live acts you'll see. So much love for all of these guys (and gal).
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:32 pm
Jared Paul

Bob Harris wrote:
Brooklyn staaaaaand uuuuuuuuup.

Two of the most exciting live acts you'll see. So much love for all of these guys (and gal).

Brooklyn show was dope. A great way to close. Legion Bar, however, was the most hipster ass place i've ever played in my life. The bar tender wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire; her boyfriend had an iridescent, bargain basement baseball cap cocked way to the side and socks pulled up real high. The door man showed up late and kept coming out of the bathroom brushing off his nose; he got pissed that we started doing the door before he showed up (you know, at the designated doors opening time!), was adamant about taking over for the door people the tour arranged in his absence, and then proceeded to spend half the night nowhere near the door dancing in the front bar. hahahahahaaa

We probably missed out on 10-15+ customers. No matter, the room filled up and everybody had a great time.

Was so great to see PWT headline in their own city doing a full set!
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2