Search
Register
OK, I'm officially tired of Sarah Palin now
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Dr Sagacious

wat.

Come the fuck on. Paul Revere ringing bells at the British as a way to warn them that they cannot take our guns?

Is that in some Moose Hunter's abridged guide to American History (with Pictures!!!)?
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:26 pm
Plum Puddin'

Her troops are editing wikipedia to change history at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Paul_Revere&action=history

Onward nut bag soldiers!
Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:30 pm
Plum Puddin'

Fox is as Fox does. Tina Fey for Prez.

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

wikidrama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Paul_Revere#Edit_request_from_Dajames.2C_5_June_2011
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:08 pm
redball

You can also read all her emails if you're not sick of her:

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/06/06/6797957-24199-pages-of-palin-e-mails-to-be-released-friday-morning
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:36 pm
Self Conscious

Palin needs to learn to shut her mouth when she has no idea what she is talking about (which is most of the time). i thought she would have learned that since the last time she was on the big stage, guess not, that is politics 101. she has a problem with taking advice from people. add to that, she is incredibly stupid.

Last edited by Self Conscious on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Self Conscious wrote:
Palin needs to learn to shut her mouth when she has no idea what she is talking about (which is most of the time). i thought she would have learned that since the last time she was on the big stage, guess not, that is politics 101. she is incredibly stupid.

Even worse, people stupider than herself are willing to champion her stupidity to the point of shooting people in the face, or trying to rewrite history.

Fucking nuts.
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:00 pm
redball

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 pm
Asterax

Plum Puddin' wrote:
Fox is as Fox does. Tina Fey for Prez.

Call me super crazy... but I feel like Fox does this type of thing on purpose. Because the only people who give as a shit are people who don't watch Fox and just read about it on blogs. Its not like this mistake actually dissuades Fox's core viewership from watching it.

Seriously. I know some people who work for Fox here in DC. They are paid well with benefits. Its not like Fox treats their employees poorly with the amount of revenue poorly.

What do you think?
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 pm
Plum Puddin'

YOU'RE SUPER CRAZY!

Why would they do it on purpose?

They have suits & stuff.

Asterax wrote:
Seriously. I know some people who work for Fox here in DC. They are paid well with benefits. Its not like Fox treats their employees poorly with the amount of revenue poorly.

I've read this 4 times now & i'm not sure what your trying to say. That they get good biscuits on there coffee breaks or something?

So i'll just say YOU'RE SUPER CRAZY!
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:17 pm
Asterax

Plum Puddin' wrote:
YOU'RE SUPER CRAZY!

Why would they do it on purpose?

They have suits & stuff.

Asterax wrote:

I've read this 4 times now & i'm not sure what your trying to say. That they get good biscuits on there coffee breaks or something?

So i'll just say YOU'RE SUPER CRAZY!

Haha... my impression is that Fox treats its employees in the news division pretty well. I have a friend of a friend who works at one of the local Fox news stations here in DC. Based on my understanding of the news division, I would assume they treat their video editing department the same way.

I could be wrong in equating the two Fox departments in importance and that this Tina Fey/Sarah Palin slip-up is a sign of poor editing... but that is a rather huge error. A video editor who constantly watches stock footage of major political figures, especially Palin, would be able to tell the difference between Sarah Palin and the Tina Fey impression.

This leads back to what I attempted to say in my previous post: I almost feel like Fox is creating these errors on purpose. Why? I haven't a clue.

End.
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 pm
Plum Puddin'

Tell your friend of a friend he better not make a mistake like this or he's gonna get his biscuits taken away..

'US media industry blog Mediaite published a statement from Fox News's weekend executive producer, admitting the photograph mix-up.

"This past Sunday during America's News Headquarters, a graphics error was made during a segment on former Alaska governor Sarah Palin," the statement said.

"The producer has since been disciplined and an explanation and apology will be made in the same hour next Sunday. Fox News regrets the error."

The blog said Fox News had issued a memo to staff in 2009 after a mix-up in coverage of Mrs Palin, saying there would be "zero tolerance" for on-screen errors.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/fox-news-mixes-up-sarah-palin-with-tina-fey-20110607-1fq30.html#ixzz1OYqdNlPP'
Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:29 pm
Self Conscious

Plum Puddin' wrote:
Her troops are editing wikipedia to change history at the moment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Paul_Revere&action=history

Onward nut bag soldiers!

i laughed so hard when i saw an article on this. and then when she gets something wrong (which seems to be a common occurrence with her), she blames it on the gotcha question. Unbelievable.

i love reading what she says cause its just one long run on sentence. how in the world did she even pass English?

"[Revere] warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms, by ringing those bells and making sure as he was riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free."
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Yes, Revere was ever the prophet.

"I WILL RING THIS BELL AS A WARNING. WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. WE WILL BE SECURE AND FREE AS WILL BE NOTED IN OUR DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE IN APPROXIMATELY 1 YEAR AND 2 MONTHS".

That's a direct quote, time to update wikipedia.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:19 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

2016?
Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5