Search
Register
the usual TV thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Inedible Condiment wrote:
The Big Bang Theory is like if Frasier and Two and a Half Men had a baby, and then repeatedly dropped it on it's fucking head.

You didn't like Third Rock from the Sun then, eh?
Post Mon May 30, 2011 9:44 pm
poisonfree

I bought my 46" Generic (Olevia) LCD flatscreen from Target for like 700$ 3.5 years ago. I got the warranty (Target warranty is based on product price so 3yrs for under 1000 was only 50$) and 3 weeks before 3years was up one of my HDMI ports died.

I figured why not use the warranty, called them up, 2 days later they scheduled a local tech to come out, evaluated TV, ordered a Motherboard, 4 days later they showed up and replaced the motherboard, TV is good as new.

The repair guy was a smart/friendly guy, saw I was a dork (Arcade machines taken apart all over the house) and we started talking tech. he said with any TV skip the store warranty and call the company, they will offer a cheaper warranty that is better (They will send the same local tech out but with the parts already in hand because they want a good reputation for their product) He also said that the lamps in the LCD are made to be viewed 60,000 hours. which is a damn long time. So as long as the inverter board or motherboard doesn't go bad, they have a pretty good life.

If you aren't worried about 3D or any of that nonsense my motto is the cheaper the better, I get the cheapest crap and get a warranty, and it has worked out for a long time for me for camcorders/tvs/ etc
Post Mon May 30, 2011 10:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROTTY

Im liking the new series of Treme. Game of thrones is also amazing.
Breaking bad is back in july.
Post Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 am
Rob-Raz

anomaly wrote:
Swamp People all day. Not positive why, but I could watch it all day.

Troy's the man.

Choot Im A-Lid-A-Biss! Choot Im!

Saw the A-lid-A-Biss episode this weekend....and thanks to you.....just spit coffee all over my keyboard!
Post Tue May 31, 2011 6:35 am
anomaly
Loserface

ha! he sings too, but I can't find a youtube of that.
Post Tue May 31, 2011 9:09 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

T-Wrex wrote:
my TV died today....

it was a 27 inch Zenith that i bought 15 years ago....
Incarcerated Scarfaces inspired the purchase..

so now i need a new one..

What's good in TVs?
Does anybody have one of those Samsung boys with the PC apps?

i have a samsung without the fancy app shit and its great the 32'' one i have has 2 hdmi outputs 2 usb ports 2 sets of component video outs
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:51 pm
Jesse

Big Bang Theory I think is at least 75% irredeemably awful, but I have been convinced that there is something sort of interesting about the Asperger's character.

The Indian character is just a venue for appallingly racist jokes, and the horny guy is a set-up for run-of-the-mill sexist jokes, and the boring guy is a straight man for all of that. But yeah that other dude... the performance is kind of compelling, if not riotously funny.

I guess it is kind of a mental illness minstrel show, though, at best.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 pm
ROTTY

Last time i went to America I had such an amazing 2 weeks. On the flight back (9hours) i was feeling a little down about returning. I was flicking through the flight entertainment and the only channel that was working had a Big bang theory marathon. I could not sleep and came off the plane feeling broken.

The strange thing is I have now taken to watching this show but i never laugh or smile i just stare.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:45 pm
Convey

Louie (which comes back June 23) is on some next level shit. Community is a close second.
Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:29 am
Captiv8

I've been enjoying Harper's Island on Netflix. The show will require a little suspension of disbelief at times, but for the most part it's a well done murder mystery that has me gripped. The Pacific Northwest always seems to have this weirdo stuff happening. Check yo self, American region.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:21 pm
JohnSchwan

I really enjoy Community, and truthfully I can't wait for season 3 of Spike's Deadliest Warrior. Not because I believe any of it to be scientifically sound but because the little boy in me loves the idea of a Ninja fighting a Spartan.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 pm
Captiv8

I'm only seen that show once. It was Apache vs. Mongolian, and if I'm not mistaken the Apache won in the final analysis.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:34 pm
Rob-Raz

JohnSchwan wrote:
I really enjoy Community, and truthfully I can't wait for season 3 of Spike's Deadliest Warrior. Not because I believe any of it to be scientifically sound but because the little boy in me loves the idea of a Ninja fighting a Spartan.

Me too......but they almost lost me when that had the American Mobster get the win over the Yakuza. Booooo!
Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:34 pm
TurnpikeGates

Convey wrote:
Louie (which comes back June 23) is on some next level shit.

Yes.
I texted my friend earlier today with just "Louie!". I thought today was the 23rd. He burst my bubble. :(
Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:52 am
Woland

Captiv8 wrote:
I've been enjoying Harper's Island on Netflix. The show will require a little suspension of disbelief at times, but for the most part it's a well done murder mystery that has me gripped. The Pacific Northwest always seems to have this weirdo stuff happening. Check yo self, American region.

Yikes. It seemed ok in the beginning (I love a good murder mystery), but it got really bad in the end.

I don't really watch tv apart from documentaries and current affairs programmes, but I watch some series on DVD once in a while. Last shows I've watched were von Trier's Riget and Duckman. Riget was amazing, kind of like Twin Peaks, but more fucked up. Not as funny maybe. Duckman (19941997) was a crazy animated series with Jason Alexander as the main character.

Recommended.
Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:07 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next