Search
Register
Buck 65 "20 Odd Years" 2LP & beautiful new vid
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

SFR announcement

Buck 65 "20 Odd Years" 2LP & beautiful new vid  Reply with quote  

www.SFRstore.com is the only place in the US where people can buy Buck 65's new LP at non-import prices. We've been on Warner Canada's back for the past 2 months about servicing us with this item and we finally have it. Check out the info and the videos on the product page here:

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/buck-65-20-odd-years-2xlp-vinyl-p-467.html

We are also hoping to get the CDs in our possession but that's taking a bit longer than expected. Sit tight. But vinyl heads, your wait is over. Enjoy one of the most beautiful hiphop albums ever made.

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/buck-65-20-odd-years-2xlp-vinyl-p-467.html
Post Thu May 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Marcus Forealius

This is terrific news. I've been anxiously awaiting its US release, and moved in on this right quick.
Post Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Good. I've almost paid for the import a couple times. Will purchase this today.

Thanks for doing this.
Post Fri May 06, 2011 5:48 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Whoa, only shipping option is $8.10 priority mail, bringing this to $33.09. Is that right? It's $31.98 to order from Canada.
Post Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Hmmmm. Not sure why it would cost that much to ship to chicago. Can you please email that info to customerservice@strangefamousrecords.com ?

If nothing else we can figure out a more appropriate shipping rate for you, but it also might help us figure out if the shipping rates are out of whack in the store system. Thanks man
Post Fri May 06, 2011 6:43 am
smake

To be honest, the shipping rates to Europe have been really high here. Makes me hesitant to order here and I chose alternatives instead, which I don't really want to. Then again, I could be complaining way too much....
Post Fri May 06, 2011 7:05 am
SteveJB

Yeah, the postage costs to here have always been at least $3 or $4 more than what the label on the envelope says, think this has come up a couple of time before already.
Post Fri May 06, 2011 7:23 am
smake

Yeah, so I don't want to continue to bring it up, but if people in the US are also seeing oddities it might be something to look into. SFR forever and stuff.
Post Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We have looked into that. And we will look some more. We might be trying another store system very soon but I will ask people to check into this issue when they can. Im in transit which is why I recommend emailing us if you ever have an issue with a particular shipping cost. My phone will become much smarter soon. Buhleeeeedat.
Post Fri May 06, 2011 8:57 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Just sent an email.

Have fun in Sacto tonight. Some of my friends are heading out to the show.
Post Fri May 06, 2011 11:42 am
erich

is there a way to pay for a digital download for this? i bought the 20 odd years EP a while ago, bundled with the dvd and it was excellent. i'd love to pick up the whole album, but i don't need vinyl.
Post Fri May 06, 2011 4:58 pm
SFR announcement

As I said in the email, I don't really think that s/h cost is obscene for a double LP being shipped from RI to Chicago. I think it's reasonable. But we've done our best to adjust prices in the zencart system. Check to see if that works out. Also, if it turns out that our costs end up being the same as the Canadian store then we'll have to live with that. I think that's what it boils down to. I was hoping to be a better option in terms of pricing for American customers but there's only so much we can do. I'm just glad to have this item in the store. Beautiful, beautiful album. Only took us 2 months of emails and calling in order to acquire it.
Post Sat May 07, 2011 12:07 pm
Storm Davis

Also, don't underestimate the SFRstore generosity in the freebies & extras area (which adds a little weight to each package). We try to make sure everyone gets some cool stuff with their order, and we'll make sure these orders are no different.

Of course, that's not of interest to everyone. But to those who it is, keep it in mind.
Post Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jesse

Yo no joking - I ordered the Ceschi 10" and 2mex CD, and got a free Dolan vinyl EP in the package.

I already have it so I'm not sure what I'm going to do except practise juggles, but that is SHOCKING generosity.
Post Sun May 08, 2011 5:49 pm
selfworth

with it being a dbl. lp it defintiely puts it over the 13 oz. rule and you have to ship it priority and no flat rate boxes fit an lp so you get stuck with kinda high postage rates, if you buy more than just that lp the shipping cost would probably even out.
Post Sun May 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next