Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Osama Bin Laden Is Dead
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
redball



Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 6871
Location: Northern New Jersey
 Reply with quote  

Asterax wrote:
If this thread ends up like the last few pages of this thread (excluding crash's news links) then I am going to avoid it like the plague.


Not unless someone else wants to take up the argument of this being a good thing, or actually make the argument that it's a bad thing without being specious. Until that time I'll consider the killing of someone responsible for mass murder to be a good thing.
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:01 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Raoul DeGroot



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 2437
Location: Son Quest
 Reply with quote  

Ugh. Killing dudes is an empty sort of victory.

A capture would have been much better. Nobody seems to understand the blowvback of murdering the murderer
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
JohnSchwan



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 667
Location: Baton Rouge, LA/MA
 Reply with quote  

People outside of the White House need to STFU, Obama's daughters have school tomorrow.
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 3145
 Reply with quote  

It's kind of weird to see the cheering throngs and carnival atmosphere outside the whitehouse. even though I'm glad to see bin laden killed, I can't really imagine going outside and cheering about it. bad form in my opinion.
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoSuhMe



Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 71
 Reply with quote  

JohnSchwan wrote:
People outside of the White House need to STFU, Obama's daughters have school tomorrow.
You sir, have made my night.
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Dream Inspired



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 2121
Location: genoa
 Reply with quote  

trump?
... who's donald trump?
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 3145
 Reply with quote  

Dream Inspired wrote:
trump?
... who's donald trump?


he's demanding to see the death certificate.
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:19 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
al(phonic)



Joined: 12 May 2005
Posts: 779
Location: maine
 Reply with quote  

im scared whats gonna happen now. hes more of a martyr and reason de etre now.

i DO NOT believe he orchestrated 9/11. he was NOT a good man. i believe his beliefs were not totally dumbfounded. and i do not believe in killing

im really confused as to how to feel about this

i believe that if google maps can do what they do and that U.S. intelligence can do what they do, this is nothing more than a 'morale booster', something that could have been accomplished at any point.. im shocked it didnt happen closer to the 10 year anniversary, or when lil bush was in office

im drunk. clarification- there is NO way that 'we' couldnt find him. now we are in a position where real terrorist attacks will follow.

i hate to say it, but this sucks for humanity. the bad outweighs the good...if you can consider the death of anyone as good
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Charlie Foxtrot



Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 1379
Location: Rochester, NY
 Reply with quote  

redball wrote:
Asterax wrote:
If this thread ends up like the last few pages of this thread (excluding crash's news links) then I am going to avoid it like the plague.


Not unless someone else wants to take up the argument of this being a good thing, or actually make the argument that it's a bad thing without being specious. Until that time I'll consider the killing of someone responsible for mass murder to be a good thing.


I'll take up the argument of it being a good thing. Yeah, it would have been better to capture him alive, but either way a guy who killed 3,000+ people is out of the picture.
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 3145
 Reply with quote  

al(phonic) wrote:

i believe that if google maps can do what they do


There is absolutely no way google maps can do what they do
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Charlie Foxtrot



Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 1379
Location: Rochester, NY
 Reply with quote  

GrantherBirdly wrote:
Dream Inspired wrote:
trump?
... who's donald trump?


he's demanding to see the death certificate.


Long form.
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7801
 Reply with quote  

republicans are so mad, haha
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7801
 Reply with quote  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/1/newsid_3571000/3571497.stm
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Z-0



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Posts: 700
Location: Sydney
 Reply with quote  

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
redball wrote:
Asterax wrote:
If this thread ends up like the last few pages of this thread (excluding crash's news links) then I am going to avoid it like the plague.


Not unless someone else wants to take up the argument of this being a good thing, or actually make the argument that it's a bad thing without being specious. Until that time I'll consider the killing of someone responsible for mass murder to be a good thing.


I'll take up the argument of it being a good thing. Yeah, it would have been better to capture him alive, but either way a guy who killed 3,000+ people is out of the picture.

i'm not even sure how the capture scenario would play out or be viable. a quick trial and execution similar to saddam? or stick him in guantanamo and torture him for the next 20 years while politicians debate the proper manner of trial? i'm pretty sure i know which option would have the popular support.
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Plum Puddin'



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1834
Location: Torture World, Rectal Feeding Unit.
 Reply with quote  

Does this mean i can take my toothpaste onto the plane now?
Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:03 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon