Search
Register
Sage Francis "East Coast Tour" finished. Thanks!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

No plans for DC. Although I may try to schedule a special visit to the White House within the next couple years.
Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:19 pm
CandidBlack

Fantastic show tonight and I was honoured Sage that you remembered my name from Facebook haha. Thanks again for signing my Personal Journals CD; that really means a lot to me, especially with my name on it too. I went on my own to the show but ended up talking to a really nice couple from the North and they said that they'll send me the picture of myself and Sage when they get back so I'll post that when I get it.

Oh and the highlight was when Sage looked at me whilst saying the words:

"If you snoop around long enough for something in particular, you’re guaranteed to find it
For better or worse, that’s how I learned, it’s best to keep some things private"

Intense! Words to live by.

Edit: Another highlight was when a girl at the show told Sage that she downloaded all of his music. I think the ambience froze for a split second haha
Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:04 pm
SFR announcement

CandidBlack wrote:
Another highlight was when a girl at the show told Sage that she downloaded all of his music. I think the ambience froze for a split second haha

Because this happened AS she quoted a song that was on the CD I had in my hands and she didn't even know it. Telling me how much she loves the song.

"Ah yeah, that's from THIS."

"Oh, I just download all your music."

"Cool...hey, who else wants to talk to me?"

haha. At least she came to the show. I just don't intend on touring the rest of my life away to make sure I get compensated for my work.

As I said on my facebook page:

The Ireland shows were so fun! The people were all smiles, love & cheers. Y'all even got some freestyles outta me...that's how good I was feeling. Thanks for helping me look (strange) famous in front of Momma Francis. But how am I going to leave here without seeing a single fight? Stop not living up to stereotypes. At least the Celts made it into the playoffs. Luck of the Irish, I tells ya
Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:52 pm
CandidBlack

SFR announcement wrote:

Because this happened AS she quoted a song that was on the CD I had in my hands and she didn't even know it. Telling me how much she loves the song.

"Ah yeah, that's from THIS."

"Oh, I just download all your music."

"Cool...hey, who else wants to talk to me?"

haha. At least she came to the show. I just don't intend on touring the rest of my life away to make sure I get compensated for my work.

Daaaamn, well...at least she was honest I guess. Or stupid in the thought that you lived in a giant American flag coloured McDonald's and that her piracy wouldn't affect you. Who knows!

SFR announcement wrote:

As I said on my facebook page:

The Ireland shows were so fun! The people were all smiles, love & cheers. Y'all even got some freestyles outta me...that's how good I was feeling. Thanks for helping me look (strange) famous in front of Momma Francis. But how am I going to leave here without seeing a single fight? Stop not living up to stereotypes. At least the Celts made it into the playoffs. Luck of the Irish, I tells ya

Great to hear that you enjoyed yourself and that Momma Francis was made proud. Dublin people are very acquiescent. Well, then again, I'm a non-drinking introverted Italian so really I'm just as clueless haha.
Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 am
Offerthewolf

See you in Sacramento!!!
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:48 am
SFR announcement

TWO SHOWS ADDED!

May 13 - Juneau, ALASKA at Marlintinis Lounge, 21+

May 14 - Anchorage, ALASKA at Tap Root, 21+
Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:27 pm
Captiv8

SFR announcement wrote:
TWO SHOWS ADDED!

May 13 - Juneau, ALASKA at Marlintinis Lounge, 21+

May 14 - Anchorage, ALASKA at Tap Root, 21+

Good lookin out for the Alaskan fans! Kinda makes me wish I was there, especially since I've never been.
Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:04 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Here's a review of my Dublin gig, written by a girl I used to go to college with but I haven't seen her in 12 years since she lives in Ireland. The only other shows she has seen from me were during the early AOI days. I wish I could see inside her head during the show just to witness the incredible information gaps that had to be filled to bring her up to present day. That's some cool stuff.

http://wp.me/pLD9C-b4
Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:47 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Here are 9 photos taken during my trip to Ireland and Scotland with Momma Francis. http://tinyurl.com/3ggymxg
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:29 pm
WrathChild

See you in Sparks my good man.
Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:08 pm
Juneauite

I have been trying to get my local radio station to start playing stuff off of Li(F)e before you come here, but they are still just playing Sea Lion all the time. I did show them Strange Fame a few days ago though, that has been getting some play. I am really interested to see how this show goes. The last two acts to play the venue were Coolio, and Lil John, who did just a DJ set. Really looking forward to it, still really shocked that you are coming here.
Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

If you give me their contact info I'll gladly send them some tracks that they might be interesting in playing. But if they just want to play Sea Lion that's totally fine with me.
Thanks!
Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:48 pm
Juneauite

Here is their facebook page link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/KXLL-Excellent-Radio/18977842271

They are actually a really good public radio station geared towards a little bit younger audience, they put on a lot of shows and do a lot of good in our community. You, Atmosphere, Mac Lethal, Living Legends, and a decent amount of other indie rap acts get spins on their station. They have been hyping the show on air quite a bit as well, so that is good. They are great people and I'm sure they would love to hear from you.

EDIT: Not sure why that full link is broken, but I cut and pasted it and it worked. Also my post made the station sound like indie rap snobs, which is not the case. They play a decent amount of rap/ hiphop in general, they are playing Raekwon right now in fact, which is what prompted me to add this.
Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:20 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

One of the worst things about touring is not being able to handle your business in your own bathroom. For instance, this public restroom was so nasty that the toilet paper committed suicide.
Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:31 pm
Juneauite

So I spoke to the station manager today, he wants to know what to do to get some radio edits? An email or anything he could write to would be great, he said that he will play anything you want to give him, as long as it is clean. It would be beneficial for our whole town if you gave him a clean version of Border Crossing as well, they never play any Dolan and it makes me cry.
Post Tue May 03, 2011 9:17 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next