Search
Register
The New Rolling Movie Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Self Conscious

The New Rolling Movie Thread  Reply with quote  

why was it moved to the hall of fame? we will use this as a new one.

Last edited by Self Conscious on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:58 pm
xGasPricesx

Chapter 1 of the rolling movie thread has already been written. It is time to write chapter 2 now.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:20 am
videodrome

Check out Birdemic, it won't meet your expectations
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:48 am
smake

I really enjoyed The Fighter. No surprises there, but the acting was good and the story fun to watch.

Buried with Ryan Reynolds was also a nice watch. Great one-man-show. Story a bit implausible, but they really kept the suspense for most of the movie.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:26 am
ROTTY

smake wrote:

Buried with Ryan Reynolds was also a nice watch. Great one-man-show. Story a bit implausible, but they really kept the suspense for most of the movie.

I really could not stand buried. Ryan Reynolds was quite good. He played a prick trapped in a box really well. But that was the problem for me. I had no interest in his survival because his character was annoying. so if he lived or died was kinda meh for me.

I think they could have made it into a short story. Maybe 30 mins in length and it would have been better.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:58 am
Captiv8

Re: What happend to the rolling movie thread?  Reply with quote  

Self Conscious wrote:
why was it moved to the hall of fame? we need another.

Yo dawg!:

http://strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=886645#886645

Just in case you want to check it out.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:09 am
smake

ROTTY wrote:
smake wrote:

I really could not stand buried. Ryan Reynolds was quite good. He played a prick trapped in a box really well. But that was the problem for me. I had no interest in his survival because his character was annoying. so if he lived or died was kinda meh for me.

I think they could have made it into a short story. Maybe 30 mins in length and it would have been better.

Can't agree here. It was a bit too long, I give you that. And the story wasn't always plausible (as were his actions), but I wasn't annoyed by the character at all. Thought he was an average joe. Then again, I like Ryan Reynolds, so I was probably a bit biased.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:18 am
Self Conscious

i just saw four lions. it was a great film. i dont like comedies at all, they usually run too long and have stupid plots but four lions succeeds where the others fail in my opinion.

i would definitely recommend the Carlos miniseries also. its on netflix instant.

triangle is very interesting, i would talk about it but its better to go into that movie blind.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:48 am
Jesse Custer

Self Conscious wrote:
i dont like comedies at all,

That is the most insane and unfathomable thing I've ever heard... I really can't compute that.

Mental.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:34 am
bbreakz

Jesse Custer wrote:
Self Conscious wrote:

That is the most insane and unfathomable thing I've ever heard... I really can't compute that.

Mental.

It is second only to someone who says "I don't like music."

I mean you don't like to laugh?
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:37 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i just dvr'd Sukiyaki Western Django

Seems like a bad ass movie the first 20 minutes i saw of it last night before i fell asleep

dont know how ive never heard of this before.....
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 am
Self Conscious

bbreakz wrote:
Jesse Custer wrote:
Self Conscious wrote:

Mental.

It is second only to someone who says "I don't like music."

I mean you don't like to laugh?

you're right cause comparing one genre in film is like not liking all of music. come one, that comparison makes no sense. you know it is possible for someone to like to laugh and not like comedies. i don't look for that in films and most just try to hard. district 9 was funnier than any "comedy" ive seen. im mostly talking about the genre. they would be better as short films, every "comedy" ive seen is good in the first 30 min. but just fall off after they decide to incorporate some useless plot. i like my comedy in shows like the office or Louie.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:47 pm
Mikal kHill

The other night me and Laura saw Rango, and I enjoyed it. The cinematography was super rad. A loud ass family sat down behind us, which sucked balls, but other than that it was cool.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:28 pm
Confidential

I sort of understand the sentiment about not liking comedies. For the most part, major motion picture comedies aren't very funny to me. I chuckle a bit, but have yet to find one with constant hilarity. Seems like funny movies were funnier back in the day, and it may be an American style of humor that I just can't relate to vegas party high jinx type of bro humor. I prefer subtle, unexpected humor to over-the-top. I'm sure if I tried I could think of some good ones that I've seen in the last 10 years, but most of them aren't memorable.

I do remember back in the day that Amazon Women on the Moon was like the funniest shit I had ever seen in my life.

switching gears, has anyone heard about the movie Miral? I think it is about the Israel/Palestine conflict from a Palestinian POV. I hope to see this soon.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:36 pm
Captiv8

mortalthoughts wrote:
i just dvr'd Sukiyaki Western Django

Seems like a bad ass movie the first 20 minutes i saw of it last night before i fell asleep

dont know how ive never heard of this before.....

Especially since it was endorsed by Tarantino. I thought it had great cinematography and visuals, but the plot itself was terrible.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next