Search
Register
all things "DEXTER"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

futuristxen

Season 5: Lone Wolf and Cub?

I think all of the arcs in Miami are somewhat exhausted. I think the show changes scenery, and Dexter leaves with his boy and they travel around lone wolf and cub style.

Deb joins the FBI and begins to track her brothers killings.

That's my theory for what will happen.

I've watched the whole show in about a two week span, and Season 4 was far and away the best season.
Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:46 am
Captiv8

I haven't read through the thread because I want to avoid spoilers, but this show has really sucked me in. Thank you, Netflix! I'm almost done with season 2, which isn't nearly as good as the season 1, but hey. I'm still intrigued by all of the drama, of which there is a surplus. This is one of those shows that grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go. After every episode I'm thinking about the next time I can watch, or if I should lose a little sleep to satisfy the questions lingering in my head. Michael C. Hall is amazing as Dexter, and I'm really impressed with the performances in general. I wish Deb would stop saying "Fuck off" all the time like that's somehow endearing. Doakes cracks me up ("You owe me a Michelin, mothafucka!"), Masuka is an idiot, Angel is sensitive and sort of philosophical, and Maria is into all kinds of ploys. Loving this show.
Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:22 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

do yourself a favor and STOP AFTER SEASON 4.

STOP AND NEVER LOOK BACK. BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU'VE HAD. GO NO FURTHER.
Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

really? i didn't think 5 was too bad. it obviously couldn't touch season 4. that will probably continue to be the problem is they set the bar too high with season 4 and they'll never be able to touch it. but I thought 5 was watchable. I thought it was better than season 3 anyway. season 3 is easily my least favorite.
Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:00 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

5 was enough to make me stop watching that show forever, that's how bad it was. it effectively deaded not only my interest in the future of the show, but actually managed to soil my enjoyment of even previous seasons.

it did more than fail to live up. it poisoned the well of the entire premise of the show.

i not only found myself thinking "this is no longer a good show," i found myself thinking "was this EVER a good show?!"
Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I suppose I felt the same way at the beginning of 5. I remember sending a few texts that read along the lines of "wow, that was easily the worst episode of Dexter I've ever seen", and "I give this show 2 more seasons tops." But by the end I still enjoyed it more than season 3.

I can watch season 4 over and over again though.
Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:06 pm
ROTTY

b. dolan wrote:
i not only found myself thinking "this is no longer a good show," i found myself thinking "was this EVER a good show?!"

Ouch...I liked this last season. Not a touch on 4.

Can you think of a season 6 plot that could pull you back in?
Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

Sure.

In the first five minutes of Season 6 Julia Stiles character hijacks whatever jetplane she went away on, and flies it into the Miami Metro police department during the morning donut break. The entire police force is killed instantly, except for Dexter who was at home, killing the old next door neighbor. Closeup on Debs scrunchie crying face as she watches her lizard skin boyfriends face melt.

"larguerrrrrrrrrta!" "anhhhhhhhelllll!" SQUABASH! laguerta's eyeball EXPLODES from the extreme heat. Asian Guy throws himself out a window and is impaled on a security fence!

Charlie Sheen guest stars for the season as Dexter's grief counselor with a dark secret......

Short of these things happening, I'm out!

Last edited by b. dolan on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 pm
mattarl

b. dolan wrote:
Sure.

In the first five minutes of Season 6 Julia Stiles character hijacks whatever jetplane she went away on, and flies it into the Miami Metro police department during the morning donut break. The entire police force is killed instantly, except for Dexter who was at home, killing the old next door neighbor. Closeup on Debs scrunchie crying face as she watches her lizard skin boyfriends face melt.

"larguerrrrrrrrrta!" "anhhhhhhhelllll!" SQUABASH! laguerta's eyeball EXPLODES fromthe extreme heat. Asian Guy throws himself out a window and is impaled on a security fence!

Charlie Sheen guest stars for the season as Dexter's grief counselor with a dark secret......

dude.

spoiler alert, please!

no, but really, it was pretty dumb and that Should happen.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:08 pm
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

I'm with Dolans on this one 100 percent. I actually like Julia Stiles and this fucking season shit over everything.

There are so many great directions they could have taken this season and they really just failed completely.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Yeah, Stiles' character put the brakes on the entire season. I like Dexter lonely and killing, not thinking of feelings and blah blah.

Reminded me of how great Six Feet Under was then BAM, David gets kidnapped by the crackhead and it drags on for like 6 episodes of boring, repetitive bullshit followed by more episodes of him whining about it.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:46 pm
ROTTY

b. dolan wrote:
Sure.

"larguerrrrrrrrrta!" "anhhhhhhhelllll!" SQUABASH! laguerta's eyeball EXPLODES fromthe extreme heat. Asian Guy throws himself out a window and is impaled on a security fence!

Short of these things happening, I'm out!

Your heart has been broken by that last season.....i can tell. It is way to soon for you to be even thinking about another season.
Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:24 am
jehu

fuck this show. seriously.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:52 pm
Raoul DeGroot

Thank god this trashyass show seems to have jumped the shark so that the otherwise sensible people who have been under the power of its blandness magiks will get back to watching good shows like trueblood, with me, instead of squandering their time viewing ugly shows with ugly dumb characters and bogus shit and jon lithgow and gingers.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 pm
jehu

Raoul DeGroot wrote:
Thank god this trashyass show seems to have jumped the shark so that the otherwise sensible people who have been under the power of its blandness magiks will get back to watching good shows like trueblood, with me, instead of squandering their time viewing ugly shows with ugly dumb characters and bogus shit and jon lithgow.

Season 2 is my shark jumper. SOOOOOO disappointing for me.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next