Search
Register
SXSW - reviews
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

noyz319

I'm definitely going to be at that Metropolis show on the 19th.
Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:03 pm
Atreyu

b. dolan wrote:
I'm playing a couple shows on the 19th, and will be in town start on the 16th, popping in at various spots.

3.19 - Metropolis w/ Awol One, Ceschi, Shane Hall, Prolyphic +more

I'm pretty sure the second one is a barbeque of some kind. they're both unofficial...

B. Dolan and BBQ... Count me in.
Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:56 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

Update:

On Friday I'll be playing a daytime showcase that will feature 2mex, Ab Rude, Ceschi, Awol, and others. That one will be announced soon as well.

And then, Saturday's "Pawn Takes King" show is still on. Here's the flyer for that:

Also, for those who missed seeing Vockah Redu on the Church of Love & Ruin tour, he'll be down in Austin and performing during the festival.. i'll post his info here as well, and plan on being at that show for sure.

Last edited by b. dolan on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:26 pm
Mikal kHill

Bro V. Wade. LOL at that name.

Also, ThoughtCriminals is one word. Either way, excited about that shit.
Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:47 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Beyond the show I'm playing the same night, I'm part of this SXSW panel discussion on March 18th from 3-6pm.

Industry Survival Skills 2011:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100667760016646

George Washington Carver Museum and Cultural Center
1165 Angelina Street
Austin, TX 78792

Fifth Element has assembled a panel of key artists and professionals in the business to discuss the best ways artists can be self-sufficient and successful in this changing industry!!

We will discuss everything from Social Media, Touring/Booking, Radio, Management, State Of Record Labels, Best Ways To Invest Money, and more!!

PANELISTS INCLUDE:
Shad (Decon)
Blueprint (Rhymesayers)
Sage Francis (Strange Famous)
Zach Quillen (The Agency Group)
Jessica Weber (Co-Sign)
John Shaw (Select O Hits)
Cool Nutz (Executive Branch Management)
Kevin Beacham (Fifth Element) [MODERATOR]

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

Zach Quillen is one of my favorite Agency Group Booking Agents :|

Updated info for the 18th:

3.18 - Project Blowed BBQ feat. 2mex, Awol One, Killah Priest, Open Mike Eagle, Aceyalone + more
Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:05 am
passenger

i haven't been around these parts in a while... but just dropping in and saying i'll be at the Sage showcase supporting of course and going to try to make it out to Dolan's show even though it's all the way at Metropolis apartments which is a ways from the heart of it all and on a busy day. If i don't make that will definitely try to catch one of the other ones.

if anyone is going and doesn't know what to do or how to RSVP for the day shows this is a good place to start:

http://www.mxdwn.com/sxsw-2011/
Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 pm
passenger

oh, just saw the Project Blowed BBQ with Dolan. I'll be at that one!
Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:36 pm
SergOne

B, I'll see you at vokah's show for sure, he killed it last year. His dancers were on one. Don't know about the BBQ tho, might be at the thrasher party, trying to catch all pigs must die and killer mike during the day. I'm pumped, trying to catch a grip of shows this year.

Still waiting to see if too short is gonna perform

Got a location for that Blowed shit? The other show you posted with the flyer is too far for me to hit.
Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
b. dolan
FBI agent

the sizing and placement of certain names on this flyer might ruffle my feathers, but then i focus on the bikini fashion show and know it will all be kewl.
Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:33 am
Jonthekingdon

Sage is that panel thing free to attend? and if not who do I have to talk to about getting myself in to watch? I need to make the trek to get to that show!
Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:56 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SergOne

no, panels require badges

wristbands only get you into showcases

priority is badges, wristbands, then people who pay at the door. You canusually get in with paying at the door if you show up early but if the venue is filling up, badges and wristbands get in before those who don't have either.

Also if there is a line and you're good at acting like you're an important dickhead who can't be bothered with door people most likely you can get past all that by flashing a wristband and barking orders at no one. This is a move that I have learned from experience at sxsw

Last edited by SergOne on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 am
SergOne

dp
Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 am
passenger

SergOne wrote:
B, I'll see you at vokah's show for sure, he killed it last year. His dancers were on one. Don't know about the BBQ tho, might be at the thrasher party, trying to catch all pigs must die and killer mike during the day. I'm pumped, trying to catch a grip of shows this year.

Still waiting to see if too short is gonna perform

Got a location for that Blowed shit? The other show you posted with the flyer is too far for me to hit.

hell yeah man, i can't wait for All Pigs Must Die.

Too Short WAS on the Thrasher bill but i don't see him anymore. He was supposed to be on right after Odd Future
Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:21 am
SergOne

Re: SXSW - Who's got info??  Reply with quote  

Atreyu wrote:
I'm going to be in Dallas for work around SXSW and I'm going to shoot over for a few days to visit a friend that lives in Austin.

I was wondering how the concerts and movies work.

They're selling full week passes for 700 bucks on the site.

But I'm only interested in catching a few bands or movies.

Anyone have any information about this?

Thanks!

as for this, that 700 is for badges, unless you plan on going to the convention don't bother. If you're only going to a few shows you may be fine paying at the door. If you know someone with a badge they can purchase you a wristband for half price at the convention center, otherwise you pay 125 or whatever it is for a wrist band.

check for the non sxsw parties as a lot of times you can see artists performing at those as well and they are usually free.
Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next