Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Worst Acts You've Ever Seen At A Show
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
am01ne



Joined: 23 Apr 2003
Posts: 563
Location: Cybertron
 Reply with quote  

dense wrote:
i quite like swollen members but when i saw them live they were fucking awful.... they didn't give a fuck and madchild looked hella bored throughout.... though i don't get to to see much hip hop live in england......


Swollen Members was one of the only good shows Ive seen other than GLU tour. It was so live, Prevail was crowd surfing and climbing onto the fucking ceiling rafters. Madchilds gay though. He just stood there making stupid faces and banging his head around, growling. Plus there were sooo many hot chicks which is the last thing youd expect to see at a hiphop show, and not the kinda indie trucker hat girls either - normal hot girls at a hiphop show, I was amazed. and drunk. It was fun.

I still wouldnt bother seeing them live again though, just because.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 8:25 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Beep



Joined: 06 Dec 2002
Posts: 599
How?  Reply with quote  

How the hell does anyone like Grandbuffet, it boggles my mind.. those guys are horrible. Come on now, the fat dude kicking and the other kid twitching around on the ground is a good act? I was pissed that those guys came with sage when i went to go see his show, i had to sit and watch two retards roll around on stage.. WEEHAAAWWW sounds like a good time to me!
Post Thu May 22, 2003 8:40 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Random Sample



Joined: 12 Aug 2002
Posts: 2460
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
 Reply with quote  

I saw grand buffet @ their cd release party for cigarette beach. Sage and Sole opened up for them. I was a little weirded out at first because their music isn't all that good, but damn they know how to rock a set. Just when I thought I couldn't take no more we got up and were ready to leave. then out of no where the stage was filled with guys dressed up as cowboys and some guy that looked like ponch from chips had a pink sweatshirt on with blue spandex and other random people filled the stage. It was like a circus, but I felt like a 10 year old kid again. God damn they put a hell of a good show on. They were throwning cigarettes and candy bars into the crowd. and they were dry humping blow up santa clause and a blow up snowman. Sage was on stage doing some dry humpin himself. What a fucking great show. I will see grand buffet every time they are in town. I am proud that these guys are from pittsburgh.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 8:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mes the jive turkey



Joined: 13 May 2003
Posts: 812
Location: dallas muther fucking texas
 Reply with quote  

qwel sucks live

capadonna fucking sucked ass live



what are the dopest shows you have seen live???

i'd have to go with the roots...






www.mesthejiveturkey.com
Post Thu May 22, 2003 9:46 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Coldcuts



Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Posts: 45
Location: jersey
 Reply with quote  

grand buffet is without a doubt the worst act ive seen live. i had went to sage's record release party at lupos not knowing who the hell they were. when they performing on stage the people who went with me looked at me like "why did you bring me to see this". i couldnt believe what i was seeing and hearing. im sorry but their music is just awful. my friends still hate me for bringing them to witness that.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 4:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll


Joined: 18 Oct 2002
Posts: 4825
 Reply with quote  

onyx..I never liked them I thought they were phony and fake and tried very hard to "act hard" by making mean scary faces ooo IM scared..well they warmed up for das efx....they were cocks they grabbed some girl on stage and grabbed her by the back of her head and tried to shove her head in his crotch when he was doing a song and she resisted and he kept pushing her down..she kept fighting so he pushed her back into the crowd me and my friend left at that point....
Post Thu May 22, 2003 4:41 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
dabinduppes



Joined: 03 Jul 2002
Posts: 615
Location: FULLERTON
 Reply with quote  

coldcuts...you are a waste of human flesh
Post Thu May 22, 2003 4:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
jjay



Joined: 11 May 2003
Posts: 259
 Reply with quote  

am01ne wrote:
dense wrote:
i quite like swollen members but when i saw them live they were fucking awful.... they didn't give a fuck and madchild looked hella bored throughout.... though i don't get to to see much hip hop live in england......


Swollen Members was one of the only good shows Ive seen other than GLU tour. It was so live, Prevail was crowd surfing and climbing onto the fucking ceiling rafters. Madchilds gay though. He just stood there making stupid faces and banging his head around, growling. Plus there were sooo many hot chicks which is the last thing youd expect to see at a hiphop show, and not the kinda indie trucker hat girls either - normal hot girls at a hiphop show, I was amazed. and drunk. It was fun.

I still wouldnt bother seeing them live again though, just because.


word swollen members were tite live those fukers were going crazy jumpin in the crowd getting rowdy it was fun
Post Thu May 22, 2003 4:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
The RIAA TookMyMusicAway



Joined: 23 Apr 2003
Posts: 647
Location: San Francisco, CA
 Reply with quote  

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG wrote:
onyx..I never liked them I thought they were phony and fake and tried very hard to "act hard" by making mean scary faces ooo IM scared..well they warmed up for das efx....they were cocks they grabbed some girl on stage and grabbed her by the back of her head and tried to shove her head in his crotch when he was doing a song and she resisted and he kept pushing her down..she kept fighting so he pushed her back into the crowd me and my friend left at that point....
hahahaha. how can someone think they can get away with something like that?
Post Thu May 22, 2003 8:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator


Joined: 10 Oct 2002
Posts: 2946
Location: Boston
 Reply with quote  

Coldcuts wrote:
grand buffet is without a doubt the worst act ive seen live. i had went to sage's record release party at lupos not knowing who the hell they were. when they performing on stage the people who went with me looked at me like "why did you bring me to see this". i couldnt believe what i was seeing and hearing. im sorry but their music is just awful. my friends still hate me for bringing them to witness that.


they intro'd every song in their set with the beginning of VH's "Jump"
how can you front on that?,oh yeah...your from New Jersey,the only place suckier than Boston


Last edited by eggplant xanadu on Fri May 23, 2003 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu May 22, 2003 8:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Coldcuts



Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Posts: 45
Location: jersey
 Reply with quote  

ok ill admit that everytime they played "jump" i laughed pretty hard but other than that i was not amused

i couldnt agree with you more eggplant. jersey is the worst place on earth
Post Thu May 22, 2003 11:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Olle



Joined: 23 Jul 2002
Posts: 68
Location: Skåne, SWEDEN
 Reply with quote  

I saw Grand Buffet open for Sole when he did the "Selling Live Water" tour. I never heard of grand buffet and I thought they would just be another opnening act that sucked ass(when I went to a Sage show at the same place this three retards with two samplers was the opening act, all they did was stand silent behind the samplers and produce the most annyoing shitty sounds I have heard in a long while with their samplers).

Grand Buffet comes on and there's all these "I am HipHop" kids breakdancing to the dj and thinkig they're all gangster and shit. These kids start screaming at grand buffet to "play som ill shit" and both the dudes from grand buffet start making so much fun of these annoying fucking kids. It was hilarious, and made my night! I was laughing so hard, and the funny thing was the kids didn't even fucking realize that everybody was laughing at them. ha ha Grand Buffet might play shitty music, but they know how to rock a show. I thought they were fucking awesome! I can't belive there's people dissing them. I talked to them after the show and they were real nice people. And while sole was performing, they had to stand and take all this shit from "the breakdancing gangsta kids" because they didn't think Sole was hip hop enuogh for them..
Post Fri May 23, 2003 6:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Emseeyi



Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 233
Location: Pittsburgh Pa..the Nexus of HipHop
 Reply with quote  

Cage-he just stood there looking fat and rapping inaudibly....though it got hyped when he did "Agent Orange"...

Cannibal Ox-it was alot of standing around and stuff....sucked when Vast Aire walked into the crowd and pushed it back like 10 feet...

Oddjobs-DO NOT HAVE A BAD STAGE SHOW AT ALL>>>>...i loved them when i saw them...they had energy and it just went together very good...and i honestly cant stand their actual music...

Sole-he stood there and threw sweat at people and mumbled for 15 minutes

Jus Allah-not neccisarrily bad, but i was expecting some solo shit and he just did 3 Jedi Mind verses and left the stage to drink and yell at djs...


BEST:

J-Live-this guy is amazing live...
Oddjobs....just felt them alot
The Roots
Sage
El Da Sensei
Virtuoso...
Post Fri May 23, 2003 10:27 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Nortled



Joined: 27 Jan 2003
Posts: 308
Location: Cranston, RI
Grand Buffet  Reply with quote  

Damn, I can't believe there's so much hating on these guys, but they must be a love-em/hate-em kind of act. The first time I saw them was at the Sage show at Lupos, and afterward I absolutely had to buy a CD. The cd doesn't quite match the live show atmosphere, though.
Post Fri May 23, 2003 11:31 am
 View user's profile Send private message
tinkleDRINKER



Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 788
 Reply with quote  

grand buffet rocks-the-fucking-house... are you guys kidding me.... they are funny shit! if they are one of the worst acts you have ever seen... then you missed the joke

plus homeboy has a huge cock
Post Fri May 23, 2003 12:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:46 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon