Search
Register
SFR Basement Show #3 - PICS ON PAGE 2
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

GREAT SHOW LAST NIGHT! It went off without a hitch.

Thank you to all the acts and the crowd as well. We were really happy to have a lot of people show up for a basement show that had no local acts billed. This definitely opens up our options for future shows in the same space. In fact, we're working on a new line-up right now which will be announced shortly. Mark down "March 13th at the SFR Basement" on your calendar right now. Here are some photos taken by Swope from last night's show:

METERMAIDS

Shark Tank

Educated Consumers

Time Crisis

Skobie Won (w/ Erik Lamb)

Thank you again!

Remember to mark March 13th down on your calendar. We'll announce the line-up at the end of this week. It's already booked but I want to get the flyer and pre-sale page situated before announcing.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:40 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'd also like to comment on how proud I am to be able to hold shows like these. Literally and figuratively underground. Not only did we get to have performances by people I've known and worked with for 10 years, but we also got to see people for the first time. Acts that were introduced to use through the SFR remix contests.

The fact that there was a good crowd means we can comfortably build upon the design. The next show will have a bit better sound system and we'll try to get more activities in between sets. Just make it more of a party rather than a showcase of talent. That's the hope anyway. March 13th will be the SFR Basement Show #4. Details soon.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:13 pm
skobie won

Great show!! Swope always killing it with the photos!! Thanks again SFR!!
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bbreakz

That looks fun. Good to see a lot Beards from SFR roster mates. Ha.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:34 pm
Jared Paul

What about that fucking world debut Sage Francis a cappella?!!?!?!?!?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

That's that fire walk with me shit. Gave me chills. After all these years, big papa, you... complete... me.

*Big ups to big Height, Grunge, all of Shark Tank, Storm D, Educated Consumers, & the mighty mighty Metermaids! And everyone who came out to support and or played. Like a sucker I got there at 9:30 and missed B.! And the other acts. BULLLLLLSHIT
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MYOWNCLICHE

That looked like it was so much fun....I want to run away and live in the SFR Basement.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 pm
Bob Harris

So much fun maaaaaaaaaan. My brother and sisters came up from BK too, which made it really special for me.

The actual show was terrific. I've seen Sage and B do "House of Bees" mad times, and is still exciting to me. Educated killed shit. Love those dudes. I had never heard Skobie or Time Crisis before, but was digging their stuff too. Shark Tank was really fun -- the one guy's a cappella about drowning in cereal milk and going to hell was particularly great.

Sage's poem before our set gave me goosebumps. I don't want to give anything about it away. The room went completely quiet for that one. Special moment.

We were super nervous about our set -- it felt important to really represent, being the new kids on the SFR block, in SFR's hometown. If we did isn't for me to decide, but I haven't had that much fun performing in a while. Jared Paul came up and ripped it (a cappella, no less) on our last song.

The best part of the whole experience for me was just the vibe. We got to hang out with all of these friends that we never really get the time with. After the show we ate pizza and told terrible tour stories at Storm's. Beside the fact that SFR has consistently put out amazing music, it is a collection of some of the funnest, nicest people I know.

Hip-Hop brunch Monday morning yo. I haven't stopped smiling yet.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2