View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Confidential

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
Extralegal countersurveillance.

Yep. Or, cyber insurgency.
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:58 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
Extralegal countersurveillance.

that makes sense.

terrorism doesn't have to involve killing civilians. israeli f-16's creating sonic booms over gaza is terrorism.

i know a lot people get really nervous around the word because the establishment has abused it to such an extent. i still believe the word has a legitimate purpose.
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 pm
Finn

crash wrote:
i know a lot people get really nervous around the word because the establishment has abused it to such an extent. i still believe the word has a legitimate purpose.

Yes... but that nervousness/skepticism helps to keep the word legitimate.
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:27 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Anonymous...fucking cool.
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 pm
Finn

While we're on the subject of HBGary and agents...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/16/945768/-UPDATED:-The-HB-Gary-Email-That-Should-Concern-Us-All
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:53 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

C.R.A.Z.Y. was a gov't mole.
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:12 pm
mancabbage

terrorism? really, wheres the TERROR, i mean there's not even a boo! this shit is as scary as slimer in ghostbusters.

Its vandalism... and its kinda funny. hats off imo
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:36 pm
Dr Sagacious

Finn wrote:
While we're on the subject of HBGary and agents...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/16/945768/-UPDATED:-The-HB-Gary-Email-That-Should-Concern-Us-All

Jesus, I hope Anonymous goes after any other company that does that shit, too. Anonymous should be more than just a group of "hactivists". They have all the opportunity to change this country or the world for the better, but the lulz must come first.

I can't think of anything more lulzy than every crooked corporation getting turned inside out and destroyed by "nerds".
Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:27 pm
Rob-Raz

Another article on the type of things they were involved in.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/02/black-ops-how-hbgary-wrote-backdoors-and-rootkits-for-the-government.ars/
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:23 am
Plum Puddin'

AN OPEN LETTER FROM ANONYMOUS

February 16, 2011

TO THE CONGREGANTS OF WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH:

We, the collective super-consciousness known as ANONYMOUS - the Voice of Free Speech & the Advocate of the People - have long heard you issue your venomous statements of hatred, and we have witnessed your flagrant and absurd displays of inimitable bigotry and intolerant fanaticism. We have always regarded you and your ilk as an assembly of graceless sociopaths and maniacal chauvinists & religious zealots, however benign, who act out for the sake of attention & in the name of religion.

Being such aggressive proponents for the Freedom of Speech & Freedom of Information as we are, we have hitherto allowed you to continue preaching your benighted gospel of hatred and your theatrical exhibitions of, not only your fascist views, but your utter lack of Christ-like attributes. You have condemned the men and women who serve, fight, and perish in the armed forces of your nation; you have prayed for and celebrated the deaths of young children, who are without fault; you have stood outside the United States National Holocaust Museum, condemning the men, women, and children who, despite their innocence, were annihilated by a tyrannical embodiment of fascism and unsubstantiated repugnance. Rather than allowing the deceased some degree of peace and respect, you instead choose to torment, harass, and assault those who grieve.

Your demonstrations and your unrelenting cascade of disparaging slurs, unfounded judgments, and prejudicial innuendos, which apparently apply to every individual numbered amongst the race of Man - except for yourselves - has frequently crossed the line which separates Freedom of Speech from deliberately utilizing the same tactics and methods of intimidation and mental & emotional abuse that have been previously exploited and employed by tyrants and dictators, fascists and terrorist organizations throughout history.

ANONYMOUS cannot abide this behavior any longer. The time for us to be idle spectators in your inhumane treatment of fellow Man has reached its apex, and we shall now be moved to action. Thus, we give you a warning: Cease & desist your protest campaign in the year 2011, return to your homes in Kansas, & close your public Web sites.

Should you ignore this warning, you will meet with the vicious retaliatory arm of ANONYMOUS: We will target your public Websites, and the propaganda & detestable doctrine that you promote will be eradicated; the damage incurred will be irreversible, and neither your institution nor your congregation will ever be able to fully recover. It is in your best interest to comply now, while the option to do so is still being offered, because we will not relent until you cease the conduction & promotion of all your bigoted operations & doctrines.

The warning has been given. What happens from here shall be determined by you.

-------------------------------------------

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:02 am
Jesse Custer

Nice PR move, Anonymous - get the masses onside ;)
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:16 am
mancabbage

best thing i ever saw regarding those toe rag cunt buckets was some dude that would set up a stand on the opposite side of the road from the glassy eyed idiots collecting money for gay rights and veterans charities... he had some sort of massive gong set up and every time someone donated he'd smash that fucker loud.
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:03 am
Mark in Minnesota

Anonymous was so devastating against HBGary Federal because HBGary Federal is operated by people who care about their public reputations and need to maintain a certain amount of secrecy to be valuable to their clients. WBC is a very different kind of target; I have no doubt that people acting under the Anonymous aegis can successfully penetrate their computer systems, but I am doubtful that penetrating those computer systems will force WBC to alter their tactics.

As hateful and socially regressive as those tactics are, I almost hope that Anonymous fails to effect change here. As bad as WBC protests are, WBC is basically a coal mine canary for the American rule of law. They are typically as legally scrupulous as they are morally objectionable, and any attack which successfully suppresses their hate can generally also be used to suppress much more legitimate and valuable counterculture movements.
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 am
MCGF

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
As hateful and socially regressive as those tactics are, I almost hope that Anonymous fails to effect change here. As bad as WBC protests are, WBC is basically a coal mine canary for the American rule of law. They are typically as legally scrupulous as they are morally objectionable, and any attack which successfully suppresses their hate can generally also be used to suppress much more legitimate and valuable counterculture movements.

I completely agree. While Anonymous is sweet and WBC is the scum of the earth, I don't like where this kind of thing could lead to.
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:58 pm
Confidential

I think its fair game for attack. Its against the law for the government to restrict free (hate) speech, but anonymous ain't no government. Though I agree that this won't alter the WBC tactics and will probably strengthen their persecution complex.
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next