Search
Register
B. Dolan's CHURCH OF LOVE & RUIN TOUR. Finished!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

al(phonic)

REALLY pumped for the show tonight!
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:11 am
MCGF

FUCK that show was great.
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:41 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Last night's show in Providence had moments that put it up in one of the top 3 shows I've ever seen. Honestly, the whole Vocka shit is pretty unfuckwittable in a live setting. I have no idea how this kind of thing would come across on record, but seeing it live is intense. It is non-stop energy.

B's performance last night was one of the best I've ever seen from him despite the lack of spoken word treats we usually get.

I really hope RI stepped away from that show with a new appreciation for the special things we all bring to the local scene. I was very proud to see a full crowd of energetic, happy and excited people.

wins all around. Tonight is the last show in Maine!
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:16 pm
MCGF

by the end of that show my shirt was stained with manwich and dolan saliva.

how will any concert I go to after that compete?
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:31 pm
SFR announcement

How did Portland go?
Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:54 am
mattrego

So.. I had every intention of hitting up the Pawtucket show, but I got sick as a dog and missed it. I kept checking the reviews in this thread hoping that it would be a meh show.

No such luck. I get these

Quote:

I really hope RI stepped away from that show with a new appreciation for the special things we all bring to the local scene. I was very proud to see a full crowd of energetic, happy and excited people.

Quote:

This show is indescribable

Great. Fantastic. So glad I missed it.

The Metermaids better fuck an animal in the ass while they are on stage or skobie one takes a shit on stage at the basement show, or I'm gonna be pissed!!
Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:00 pm
AharonHebert

the portland show got pretty hype halfway into vockah redu's set. i didn't think people would get as wild as they did. I went to the ny show but got there late and missed his set so i didnt how great it was gonna be. i dont think the risk b took was in having lgbt acts, it was risky to follow such incredible acts. after each one i was thinking, thats a fucking opening act.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:39 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

Haha... Exactly. It certainly got the best out of me in a way I think was important. I had some 8 mile moments in the mirror for sure. Like "alrigt motherfucker. Time to remember why what you do on stages is worth seeing and hearing."

No one was an opener though really, which is why I kept stressing the importance of getting there early. Absolutely no act on this tour was at an "opener" level of skill. I asked them to be part of it because I consider them all master class performers from divergent (but connected) genres... this show was about the commonality between them, and between different groups of people...

The shows really were indescribable, man. Even those involved are still trying to put it all together. For now though I think I better sleep.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:52 pm
al(phonic)

the portland show was amazing. the whole floor shook under the non-stop dance. the crowd truly had a blast all night. my fave was the little lady that stood up front and center since doors opened, and never stopped rocking the fuck out the whole night, through all the ruin and saliva and sweat

all the acts were energy. it was great in such an intimate Space. my only complaint was not enough spoken word fro mr dolan, but thats completely understandable...it was kinda about everyone else, AND he had to try to match everyone else's energy level. i would have loved Marvin, or an evel or bombzo appearance. not trying to be negative about such a positive night, just selfish! i wouldnt be happy til i got like a 2 hour show from mr dolan!

one of the best all-around shows ive ever seen. i drug 4 friends there from up north, telling them they just couldnt miss this show, even though they didnt even know b. dolan. they all had a blast and are forever fans of ALL the acts

THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting this together and bringing it to ME!
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:41 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

This was definitely a special type of package. It really felt like, for a show that had never been put on stage before, NYC got a flawless and confident string of entertainment. It sounds like that happened at every show after it too.

What I enjoyed so much was how thoroughly the crowd was enjoying each act leading up to Dolan, and once he was on stage, the room was eager to know what he was going to say/do to address and top them. He did both of those things.

What I find most interesting is how the audience reacted to Ms. Pride. A drag performance is VERY strange to people who've never seen one. It's a "what the fuck is this person doing?" type thing. I was impressed by how many people took to it and showed love to something waaay outside their element. As for being outside her element, I can't imagine anything more cringe-worthy than having to step on stage at a rap show as a drag queen, totally out of the supportive community she's probably done nearly every performance in. So much respect.

That "homophobe bat" would have been nothing comapred to how that audience would've reacted to a heckler, which is fucking cool.

It was a night to remember, and I hope it comes back and goes places it shouldn't. Well done.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

footage of Vockah's performance in NYC.

</object>
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:25 pm
Buddy Peace

---

Last edited by Buddy Peace on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

That video doesn't show how it really was like. That's a very tamed down version of the full experience. Hopefully some better footage surfaces. Oh wait...I think B is on the case. haha. The RI performance where they were all leaping in the air simultaneously was the shit.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:30 pm
flex vector

Yeah, I was really impressed with Vockah - entertaining as hell. I checked out some of the Youtube videos but the energy doesn't really seem to translate to video for some reason. That one from the New York show was a little closer, though.

What Cheer? was crazy and LOUD!!! B was intense and on point as usual, although I felt like we didn't really give him the response he deserved. I think the crowd was still kind of recovering from having a marching band smash their eardrums in.

There are a few pictures of the Portland show up here:

http://www.samuelcousinsphotography.com/Music/BDolan/15855765_cgu3Z#1188979189_jjrtD

There should be a bunch more up by the end of the week.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

no comment on covering KRS with a marching band, eh? that gets no love?
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next