Search
Register
B. Dolan's CHURCH OF LOVE & RUIN TOUR. Finished!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Storm Davis

MCGF wrote:
just to make sure: the pawtucket show is all ages right?

The Pawtucket show is all ages.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:41 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alan Hague

Had a bunch of people over at our place last night who were telling me about some warehouse show going on in Olneyville Saturday night, and they asked me if I was going to it.

I was like, "Psshhh, no way. B. Dolan & What Cheer? are at the Met, and I've been counting down the days to this one."

Upon which, literally everyone in the room said, "Oh, damn, I didn't know that! Fuck it, I'm going to the Met, then!"

Very glad to see that the forces of good are triumphing over the forces of hipsterism. Can't wait for this show!!!
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:50 pm
desert penguin

that is definitely my favorite version of "one breath left" already.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:02 pm
iammessage

im full of jealous rage and overflowing with economic depression.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:16 pm
remind

badjerk wrote:
I even got my dick touched! haha

Were you frightened, elated or stoic?

redball tried getting me on stage for this before we knew what was going on. I would have been so mad at him. There's only one who gets to touch my pud.

It's safe to say that this show will stay with me like no other. Vockah Redu and What Cheer? were remarkably captivating and powerful. You really have to be there. B. was awesome, as usual. The ODB piece was definitely one of my favorite parts of his set. And Earthmovers. I'm a sucker for that song. Didn't think I'd see Sage on stage for a while after his last tour so House of Bees was that much nicer. So cool to see Ms. Pride do her thing. Oh yeah, the interpretive dancing of the worst sex ever was gold! Was feelin the Metermaids too!

Such a great night. Heads aren't ready. You could see how pleased B. was as the night was going on. It was hard for me to stop smiling, myself. Good talking with everyone.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:07 pm
Bob Harris

Storm Davis wrote:
MCGF wrote:
just to make sure: the pawtucket show is all ages right?

The Pawtucket show is all ages.

Storm Davis is all awesome.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:35 pm
Elorza

This show is indescribable. I really hope there's a DVD so people can feel the tiniest fraction of what that show was live. THe homophobia bat? Awesome. Jamie DeWolf and Sissy killed it as the barkers. I'd never seen Metermaids but they brought that amped shit even tho the crowd didn't really seem motivated yet. I haven't been familiar with them as of yet, but now that I know they base is Brooklyn I'ma definitely see them when I can.

And then we played "whose dick is that?" and I got a free vinyl for getting my junk fondled (I have no problem admitting I was "frightened"). What an introduction to such a surreal night.

Ms. Nicholle Pride! What an amazing performer. Being up front for that and having her stare dead into your eyes with all the emotion of what she was singing and how she was performing was entrancing. I wish I'd checked up on her beforehand because I could've gotten a few more people to come on her strength alone.

Vockah Redu.... just wow. These cats need to get a million dollar deal so they can rock stadiums. When they jumped into the crowd and did their routine I was waiting for a foot to catch my face but that wouldn't stop me from rocking out. It was refreshing to have some solid NO Bounce music up here in the Northeast, and their music, the routine was damn well done; by time the "Drag Rap" rendition came on my whole being was enveloped with the vibe.

THe interpretive dance of worst-sex-story was hilariously well-done. The gum getting lost and then stuck to the condom was my favorite. And then there was What Cheer? Holy shit. I got blasted in the head by a trombone and a trumpet, but the tuba guy also pointed out to me when a particularly fast break was comin up, encouraging me to dance like a rabid squirrel, to which I readily complied. My Goddess they are amazing. I'm so glad people were willing to dance last night. I don't see how anybody was standing still the way they were rocking.

Of course Bombzo was awesome. B. Dolan killed it. Havin Sage there was an lovely bonus; each man's energy alone is enough to fill a room, and when the two of them get on stage it's raging magic. Dolan I'm sure I don't have to tell you how powerful a performer you are. And an amazing individual, I don't even want to know what you had to go through to get this organized this but got-damn am I overjoyed you did.

I apologize to Redball who's ear I'm pretty sure I was yelling lyrics into during much of B's set, but it was all in good fun and love. And I apologize to anyone who caught a rampant elbow when I was busting my mad-white-boy-groove.

My ears are still ringing, my heart is still bumping with adrenaline. This is the kind of show I've always wanted and never imagined would actually go down. Props to the lot 'o ya. You're amazing. Thank you.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm
Buddy Peace

Damn  Reply with quote  

---

Last edited by Buddy Peace on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:04 pm
redball

Elorza wrote:
I apologize to Redball who's ear I'm pretty sure I was yelling lyrics into during much of B's set, but it was all in good fun and love. And I apologize to anyone who caught a rampant elbow when I was busting my mad-white-boy-groove.

What you should be apologizing for is that you recognized me and said nothing. All these forum heads were there and I only talked to remind, Sage, Dolan, and CTB. C'mon guys, we're family. Sure, maybe I'm the odd uncle who smells like old cheese and sits in the corner mumbling to himself all night... but you still have to say hello at least.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:23 pm
Flossin

remind wrote:
The ODB piece was definitely one of my favorite parts of his set.

What ODB piece?? Is that something new?
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:16 am
Elorza

The ODB piece was unfuckwittable. And yes it's something new, I believe Dolan said it would be on his next project but I could just be saying what I hope. Dolan's character pieces are consistently poignant.

redball wrote:
Elorza wrote:

What you should be apologizing for is that you recognized me and said nothing. All these forum heads were there and I only talked to remind, Sage, Dolan, and CTB. C'mon guys, we're family. Sure, maybe I'm the odd uncle who smells like old cheese and sits in the corner mumbling to himself all night... but you still have to say hello at least.

I hollered at forum heads a couple of times at shows, but every time I've always noted at least a slight level of discomfort and/or awkwardness. I presumed it was because I'm more of a lurker than I am a regular poster and so came off as more stalkerish than family memberish.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:36 am
xGasPricesx

The show last night in Boston was crazyyyy. If I wasn't totally hungover and sleep deprived I would provide a run down of the night's events, but alas that's not looking likely. Thanks again to B. and his magical mystery posse for putting on an amazing show last night, it really was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of event. Now I need a nap.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:39 am
remind

Do you have a fear of awkwardness? There are worse things in the world, man. Actually, I think awkward moments are great. They're so human (not to imply that there aren't more positive emotions/reactions associated with being human). Embrace them! I think you just wanted to wait until you got back here to reveal yourself as the frightened one haha. I'm kidding.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:46 am
Elorza

Oh no, I'm generally the one initiating the awkward moment, one of my favorite things in the world is to take people out of their comfort zone, but only if we've already established a comfortable vibe; comfortably uncomfortable is my aim at all times. And either way, even if I did feel uncomfortable, having my penis described as frightened in front of a crowd of Hip-Hop heads would've instantly eschewed any feelings of awkwardness thereafter.

But enough about tact and social anxiety, I wanna hear about Boston!
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:18 am
Jared Paul

TONIGHT!!
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next