Search
Register
B. Dolan's CHURCH OF LOVE & RUIN TOUR. Finished!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

anomaly
Loserface

Friend of mine knows a promotor in the DFW area. B, you confirmed for a show in Ft Worth, TX in mid March? Don't know if this guy is full of shit or not.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

he's not full of shit, just haven't announced those yet. ;)

there'll be a bigger announcement but this is a fine place to confirm that... details to follow.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 pm
anomaly
Loserface

sweet ass sweet
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

sooo excited for tomorrow night. eager to see some familiar and verrry unfamiliar acts.

my girlie is dying to bring her camera for documentation but Webster Hall is notorious for sucking the sack when it comes to said things. alas, I can't fuggin' waiiit!
Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:17 pm
badjerk

yeah most of the reviews i saw for webster hall were people bitching about the bouncers being dicks and the drinks being too expensive. never been there, so i guess we shall see.
any drinking will have to occur pre-show i guess.

see you there!
Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 pm
SFR announcement

badjerk wrote:
yeah most of the reviews i saw for webster hall were people bitching about the bouncers being dicks and the drinks being too expensive. never been there, so i guess we shall see

hahaha welp....they're in store for quite an event.
Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:52 pm
desert penguin

bums me out a bit that these shows aren't sold out yet. i'm sure the artists won't let it take away from the performance, but that's still a bummer. maybe the recent press will help build some momentum.

here's to hoping some form of this tour can hit up the pacific northwest sometime this year!

good luck tomorrow, b.
Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:33 am
Elorza

Fuckin' better not be sold out yet. I reckon parking around Webster Hall ain't gon' be the easiest to manage, eh?
Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:42 am
MCGF

just to make sure: the pawtucket show is all ages right? that is what general admission refers to?
Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:25 pm
Jedisdope

wow ... amazing show. thanks to dolan and the gang.

if you plan on making it out to one of these shows i recommend you bring some ear plugs. i didn't really put much thought into the fact that there would be a full marching band ...
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 am
redball

Jedisdope wrote:
wow ... amazing show. thanks to dolan and the gang.

if you plan on making it out to one of these shows i recommend you bring some ear plugs. i didn't really put much thought into the fact that there would be a full marching band ...

I was right up front during their whole set and I was fine. However, I might suggest a cup, those drummers can be ruthless. I took one to the crotch out of practically nowhere. I also took a trombonist to the crotch, one moment I'm standing up front the next moment I'm basically grinding with some girl with a trombone.

I have more to say but my brain is still processing last night.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:41 am
SFR announcement

It was so good seeing y'all there. What a fucking night. I slept about 9 hours straight once I finally got home.

My personal highlight of last night was VOCKAH REDU. Holy...fucking...shit. I want more of that. He was like a mix of Prince, Kool Keith and I don't even know what. The bizarre movements and strange lyrics had me laughing my ass off while I was being entertained in a non-comedic way. I still don't know what "sissy bounce" is, but he did his damn thing.

The night was jampacked with performances and good times. Everyone brought something unique and fun to the table.

3 more shows left. Not enough!
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:38 pm
Bob Harris

Here is my recap of the night yooooooo:

The "curfew" at Webster Hall (which means opening up the Studio for the club upstairs at 11:30 from what I can tell) meant that the times were pushed up, which meant I was getting texts all night from heads who couldn't make it out in time, which was sad. There were still a ton of people in the spot though.

We did our thing first, and we had mad fun. We're still getting back in show-shape after not playing for a while. Neither of us got a busted lip or fell off a monitor or broke anything though, so very much a success.

Jamie and Sissy DeWolf were great. Apparently I missed the "Whose Dick is This" game while outside having a smoke, but that game in particular left a lasting impression on a bunch of people. Haha.

Vockah Redu almost made me shit my pants. He was walking around the crowd in that ill mask with incense burning out the mouth and snuck right up on me. Their set was monster. Sentence and I were joking that they have the kind of stage show that's always going on in 80's movies when they show the villain's hideout. Fucking rad and completely nuts.

What Cheer? Brigade killed it in Providence at B's album release, and killed it last night. I don't know what else to say about them -- overwhelmingly awesome.

Nicholle Pride was a real highlight of the night for me. Watching her win over the crowd over the course of her performances was really special to watch. And when she wasn't do her thing, she was in the crowd smiling this big beautiful smile.

Dolan killed, obviously. It takes a special kind of performer to be able to go on after like 3 straight hours of pummeling entertainment and still put it down that hard. Highlights for me were Earthmovers, the ODB poem, and Border Crossing with What Cheer? Also House of Bees with Big Sage was amazing, as always.

The Church of Love and Ruin is perhaps the most fitting title to a show there could be. At the end of the night I was completely ruined. But in a loving way. Took the train home and ate Cup O' Noodles at two in the morning.

Strange Famous sonnnnnnnnn.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 pm
badjerk

Great fun!

Best 10 bucks ive spent maybe ever...and it came with a drink ticket.

I even got my dick touched! haha

indulged in a few too many spirits by end of the night, so memory is a bit hazy, but it was a lot of wow. somehow lost my b dolan vinyl i won in the dick-touching game, but copped the FHSC cd and had an overall great time. brought 3 SFR first-timers and they loved it as well.

thanks a bunch - im sure i cant imagine how much work went into putting on that spectacle
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 pm
SFR announcement

Bob Harris wrote:
Sentence and I were joking that they have the kind of stage show that's always going on in 80's movies when they show the villain's hideout.

That's funny. I made a similar analogy while talking to a guy who said they they reminded him of someone you'd see playing at Prince's house party. Like...they just hang out in Prince's house and perform whenever people show up.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next