NFL Football 2010
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

medicineman
HALFLING

Captiv8 wrote:
Jack wrote:
nelson had at least 3 drops

He did, but he also had some clutch third-down conversion catches.

Both true, just as importantly, Rodgers kept throwing to to him. That man is unflappable. Nobody can fuck with him for cool collected leadership and consistency. I have never seen him lose his shit even a little.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:56 am
phataccino

Packers did a great job neutralizing Polamalu. I can't remember him making a single impact play.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 am
spagucci-one

All in all it was another great Super Bowl. I'm just happy that the Steelers didnt win. Steelers fans are becoming more annoying than Cowboys fans.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:13 pm
Sarcastro

but still less annoying than pats fans
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm
FranktheP

spagucci-one wrote:
All in all it was another great Super Bowl. I'm just happy that the Steelers didnt win. Steelers fans are becoming more annoying than Cowboys fans.

No way...at least where I live. Being a Steelers fan in Philly is almost tolerable but being a Cowboys fan living in Philly just makes you a douche bag.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:20 pm
spagucci-one

FranktheP wrote:
spagucci-one wrote:

No way...at least where I live. Being a Steelers fan in Philly is almost tolerable but being a Cowboys fan living in Philly just makes you a douche bag.

I beg to differ. If the Steerlers would have won, Steeler fans deffinately would have taken over the top spot of most annoying fans. Also, you have to remember that you are talking about Philly. A place that hates the Dallas Cowboys in any situation due to their NFC East rivalry.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm
Jared Paul

Aaron Rodgers looked damn good.

I'm suped for Packers fans.

Green Bay would've had a great chance at beating the Pats during the season if Rodgers was there. I won't say definitely would have beaten. I wonder how things would have been different for both teams if he had been in there? Getting smacked by Green Bay may have been the wake up call we needed. Though, that probably wouldn't have changed Crumpler dropping a wide open TD, our strange commitment to the run in the 3rd quarter, an unnecessary onsides kick call, or Chung going rogue and calling a fake punt of his own accord from our own end of the field.

Sorry guys. Going 14-2, and then losing your first playoff game while 4 teams you beat make the Conference Championship games doesn't fade lightly. Stings. Burns, actually.

Gotta give it to Green Bay for this year though- major injuries in the pre-season, during the season, throughout the playoffs, and IN the Superbowl, and they still made it happen.

Losing Driver and Woodson, and still winning?

That's grit.

*GB might've one by 10-14 more if they're receivers hadn't been dropping balls all night...
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:03 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FranktheP

spagucci-one wrote:
FranktheP wrote:
spagucci-one wrote:

I beg to differ. If the Steerlers would have won, Steeler fans deffinately would have taken over the top spot of most annoying fans. Also, you have to remember that you are talking about Philly. A place that hates the Dallas Cowboys in any situation due to their NFC East rivalry.

I guess I don't hate them as much since we share a state. A 5 hour ride and you are there while it takes a plane ride to get to Dallas. I, in general, loathe anyone who does not root for the hometown team if they were born and raised here. That is the point of having a rooting interest in a team. Why do I give a shit about a team 2 days away when my team plays 15 minutes from my house?
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:04 pm
b.Freyer

phataccino wrote:
Packers did a great job neutralizing Polamalu. I can't remember him making a single impact play.

Rodgers did a great job. Living in Pittsburgh and growing up with Steeler appreciation for what they bring to the league for generations, that wasn't typical Steeler tradition displayed. The better team definitely won the game and deserve the the trophy. I was highly impressed with Aaron Rodgers, seemed as if he couldn't get rattled. What a great leader
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:30 am
b.Freyer

spagucci-one wrote:

How are Steeler fans becoming annoying? We support our team to the fullest. Can't hate that we have a winning tradition, or even deny it.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:44 am
poopsnack

Around Columbus we have a mix of Cinci, Browns, and Steelers fans. By far the most annoying fans are the Browns fans. In fact, they all delighted in the Steelers losing. Cheer for your team, but don't relish in the failure of another.

I am a Lions fan. Never much to be happy about.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 am
WrathChild

poopsnack wrote:
Cheer for your team, but don't relish in the failure of another.

That's one of the great things about NFL rivalries, relishing in your rivals failure. I'm sorry, but as a Niners fan, I LOVE watching the Cowboys and Rams lose.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 am
spagucci-one

WrathChild wrote:
poopsnack wrote:
Cheer for your team, but don't relish in the failure of another.

That's one of the great things about NFL rivalries, relishing in your rivals failure. I'm sorry, but as a Niners fan, I LOVE watching the Cowboys and Rams lose.

Agreed Wrath! I love seeing the Eagles and Redskins lose!
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 pm
Eric B

It is only natural to dislike your division rivals, and the Cowboys. Everyone hates the Cowboys! America's team, what kind of bullshit is that. I live in America, and they aren't my team.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm
Jack

medicineman wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Jack wrote:
nelson had at least 3 drops

He did, but he also had some clutch third-down conversion catches.

Both true, just as importantly, Rodgers kept throwing to to him. That man is unflappable. Nobody can fuck with him for cool collected leadership and consistency. I have never seen him lose his shit even a little.

No nelson was a beast. I am just saying that the packers started to fall apart in the 3rd quarter and played horrible. If they would have ended up losing I would have placed a huge part of the blame on crucial packer drops in the 3rd quarter (i believe there was 4 or 5 of them, not all nelson). But they overcame that much like they overcame anything else all season, they are a great team.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next