Search
Register
"Bail it Out" REMIX WINNER!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

"Bail it Out" REMIX WINNER!  Reply with quote  

Making our way through 80 remix submissions for B. Dolan's "Bail it Out" RMX CONTEST was not an easy task. The tedium of sifting through that many tracks is typical, but we can't remember ever receiving this many QUALITY remixes all at once. After much consideration, B. Dolan has decided that the first two runner-ups are:

* BUDDY PEACE http://soundcloud.com/strangefamousrecords/buddy-peace-bail-it-out-rmx-b
* THEORY 77 http://soundcloud.com/strangefamousrecords/theory-77-bail-it-out-rmx-b

THE FIRST PLACE RIBBON GOES TO...........

FLEX VECTOR!

Listen to his remix below and continue reading to see the explanation about how this decision was made and why it's an unlikely choice.

</object> <span>***Flex Vector - "Bail it Out" RMX - B. Dolan

As you'll notice in Flex Vector's remix, the vocals are sped up for a majority of the song. We often receive remixes where the producer changes the tempo of the vocals in order to fit them to the tempo of a beat they've already pre-made. However, the special attention that Flex Vector gives to the pacing, change-ups, and reconstruction of the entire track prove that the changes to vocal tempo were not forced. They were deliberate. 3/4 of the way into the remix, when the vocal tempo switches from double time to half time, you fully realize the genius at play.

Not only do vocal tempo changes normally turn us off, but this style of beat is not something we'd typically be into. However, when all is said and done, our love of this remix and our respect for its craftsmanship have pushed it above all others.

CONGRATULATIONS, FLEX VECTOR! We will be seeing you this Sunday for the Portland, ME date of the "Church of Love & Ruin" Tour! This tour begins TOMORROW. Get all details here www.BDolan.net

If you're one of the many producers who made a "Bail it Out" remix and you'd like to share it with the people then please feel free to upload it to the RMX group we created here: http://soundcloud.com/groups/bail-it-out-rmx-group
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:20 pm
Vividend

Woohoo! So glad to be a part of these contests. I know that all these dudes put blood sweat and tears into their remixes.

Just to clarify, YIE is Youth In Eyes. Not that it really matters. Dumb me for not putting that in the filename.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:32 pm
skobie won

We Sprung a wiki leak  Reply with quote  

Not to toot my own horn but i feel like i started a trend with the GOD and Taxes Tweeks!! Good Job EVERYONE!! BIG UPS SFR for another Dope Contest!!

Best Of Luck
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
b. dolan
FBI agent

crazy, man. i'm definitely intimidated by the idea of judging this lot and having to come up with a winner.

i will say that Theory 77's was the first of these that I rewound and listened to multiple times in the car the other day.

Buddy Peace murdered it as expected, and honestly the Flex Vector remix floored me... I'll be listening through all of these for the next 24 hours... I'm hoping to burn a cd of them and take it on my ride to Boston to pick up Jamie Dewolf tomorrow morning... the Car Stereo Test is always crucial for me, and especially with a song like this.

Incredible, incredible work though. I think there will be more than one beat that i'd like to try and write new material to as well.

Cheers!
b
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:13 pm
laurapalmer

good goddamnit i love some theory77.

i have been listening to his radio rust podcasts for a while now and enjoy those as well.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:30 pm
l3rownl3eats

Wow..Flex Vector did some cool edits.. You can tell he worked hard on it.. But not sure if I could really jam out to it. Buddy Peace is dope. Theory 77 is as well.

Some crazy competition.. Still listening to allot of them.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm
Plum Puddin'

So... good luck picking a winner.

Everytime these things come around i never finish in time.

Then i listen to a bunch of these & i'm glad i never finish on time.

Talented bastards.

You just wait till i master this piccolo.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

this batch is way better than the first

wowzaz

my favorites are the first 2 and buddy peace
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:57 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Great work everyone. These are all top notch... I'm just proud to be apart of this community.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:22 pm
SFR announcement

Flawed Logic wrote:
Great work everyone. These are all top notch... I'm just proud to be apart of this community.

The amount of hits and feedback you received on your remix is pretty incredible. Not that your remix isn't dope, but you've got some serious campaigning skills.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:28 pm
mancabbage

Flex vector..... holly shit
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

SFR announcement wrote:
Flawed Logic wrote:

The amount of hits and feedback you received on your remix is pretty incredible. Not that your remix isn't dope, but you've got some serious campaigning skills.

Coming from one of the best independent record labels out there that's very cool to hear... All of the finalist really stepped it up in this one. Again thanks to SFR and everyone who has shown their support. This is a great community to be a part of...
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:04 pm
CaptainFantasy

Not a bad one in there, but Barbaric Merits kills it...love that beat.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:53 pm
futuristxen

Brown Music
Buddy Peace
Theory 77

were my faves. With Buddy's being my fave.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 am
dstroi

really digging Flex Vector so far
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:15 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next