Search
Register
NFL Football 2010
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Confidential

crash wrote:
they're reading out the declaration of independence in the middle of the pregame show. what the fuck am i watching?

Yeah, they pretty much worked in as much militarism and national pride as possible didn't they? God bless america, national anthem, footage from overseas, and a narrative about perseverance through great depressions.
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:37 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

O2K wrote:
pittsburgh will dominate this game. I think the final will be something like 24-7.

whoops.

whoops!

haha. I'm glad the Lombardi trophy is going home.
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

Sage Francis wrote:
O2K wrote:
pittsburgh will dominate this game. I think the final will be something like 24-7.

whoops.

whoops!

bahhhhhhhhhhhh
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:48 pm
Captiv8

How awful were the Black Eyed Peas? Good God, give the auto-tuner a rest. I've seen better karaoke performances.

Rogers was shit hot though, and deserved MVP. I can really only think of two errant passes that he threw. Naturally Jones had to drop what probably would have been a touchdown, but Jordie Nelson made so many clutch catches and Jennings was a man possessed. Great Superbowl.
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:15 pm
Jack

nelson had at least 3 drops
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:44 pm
Captiv8

Jack wrote:
nelson had at least 3 drops

He did, but he also had some clutch third-down conversion catches.
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:47 pm
AdamBomb

Captiv8 wrote:
How awful were the Black Eyed Peas? Good God, give the auto-tuner a rest. I've seen better karaoke performances.

The sound guy should be fired. I had crackly distortion coming out of my right rear surround sound speaker and I thought it had blown until the commrecial came on. The vocals were up way too high and the music was too low and without bass. Epic fail on the sound...and on the most expensive night of TV?
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:12 am
corporateslave

bbreakz wrote:
If the Steelers D collapses the pocket, the Steelers then have the edge at QB. Besides that, i think this anyone's game.

I want the Steelers. Even for a Pats fan I have always liked the Steelers. Plus Roethlisberger makes plays. Plain and simple.

Obviously the game is over now, but if I had been on the internet earlier today I still would have disputed this. Roethlisberger can throw but he is fat and slow. Rodgers is the way scrambling and improvising quarterback, even though he didn't really show it when he was under pressure in the pocket tonight.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:18 am
corporateslave

^^"way better scrambling" not "way scrambling"
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:51 am
redball

Both regular season and super bowl MVPs this year were indisputable. Without Brady the Patriots would have been 10-6... at best, but probably more like 8-8. Rodgers carried the Packers from late in the season all the way to the title.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:44 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:32 am
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

Sage Francis wrote:
O2K wrote:

whoops.

whoops!

bah. shit happens. Fuck the packers.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:28 am
neveragainlikesheep

crash wrote:

HA!
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:38 am
flex vector

AdamBomb wrote:

The sound guy should be fired. I had crackly distortion coming out of my right rear surround sound speaker and I thought it had blown until the commrecial came on. The vocals were up way too high and the music was too low and without bass. Epic fail on the sound...and on the most expensive night of TV?

It's funny you said that about your speaker - I had the same static coming from my right surround. I thought it was just a loose speaker wire or something but was freaking out a little thinking my speaker was blown!

Not only was the overall mix bad, but there were at least two times where peoples mics weren't even turned up and they had to frantically push the level up mid-verse.

Unfortunately for BEP, the best audio engineering in the world couldn't have fixed that performance. I was kind of hoping they would pull out something that would change my opinion of them. I knew I had seen enough when Fergie started doing her Axl impression.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am
medicineman
HALFLING

Man, what a ride this season. After losing all those starters and everything. Back against the wall two weeks left in the season. Archrival Bears the gate keepers to the playoffs. Winning that game on a last-second interception and then again in Philly. Dominating the 'best team in the conference' at home. Having to go through the Bears yet again to get to the Super Bowl. Struggling to hold on to that game through MORE injuries and adversity. It was truly a pretty epic fan experience. Gonna remember this season for a long time.
Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:53 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next