Search
Register
Worst Acts You've Ever Seen At A Show
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

maxamillion

I believe nobody mentioned them so I'm gonna hammer on:

GROUP HOME......

I loved their first album (I know, not the best lyrics but it's the vibe) and I was really looking forward to that show. So I was having a good time drinking some, smoking some. getting ready for a dope concert. Turns out Lil' dap wasn't there (or was it the other one??), up untill today i don't know who the fill in was.... It was like they marked a spot where they should stand and didn't even think about moving away from that spot.
Plus they had sun glasses on the whole show.

To make this on a total turn of, finaly they perform "super star", guess what they do one verse and switch it to some other shitty song.

I'm never ever gonna see those guys again........

(I kinda hate them because of that bullshit!!)

Other letdowns: Extra P, you would think he could remember the lirycs of his latest songs......guess that's a lot to ask....

Jay Dee: maybe it was the venue's fault because they didn't promote it as him dj'ing, so I asumed he would "do a show" but it turns out he just played all his songs (songs he produced), didn't even say a word....
And worst thing is we had to wait 3 hours and the dj all ready played most of the songs jay dee was playing.

Jay Dee, if your reading this: I want my money BACK!!!!!
Post Wed May 21, 2003 6:20 am
Beep

Say Sam Ting wrote:

Grand Buffet - ha just kidding..

Yea im not, those guys are by far the worst act i have ever seen, and the guys at micwars 4 chache and whatever his face was, sucked too.
Post Wed May 21, 2003 8:22 am
dabinduppes

grand buffet is EASILY one of the BEST acts I have EVER seen...anyone who thinks different needs to die
Post Wed May 21, 2003 9:14 am
dense

i quite like swollen members but when i saw them live they were fucking awful.... they didn't give a fuck and madchild looked hella bored throughout.... though i don't get to to see much hip hop live in england......

and i can't believe somebody said tomahawk.... they were fuckin' amazing when i saw 'em last year.... mike patton was awesome.....
Post Wed May 21, 2003 11:28 am
UncleSylis

Cage and Copy actually put it down nicely in Philly on the Robots tour. Maybe we just caught them on a good night, cause most people I talk to say they were really disappointed by them. Oh well.
Post Wed May 21, 2003 1:45 pm
killedbysharks

dabinduppes wrote:
grand buffet is EASILY one of the BEST acts I have EVER seen...anyone who thinks different needs to die

Thank you. How could anybody not enjoy their stage presence? I would actually see grand buffet over sage. sorry sage, but if i were you id want to be there too. That would never have to happen, cause if grand buffet were out here at the same time sage was, it would be the same show. I wish i could have seen sage play with them. Sometime i hope. anyway, back to reality...

when i saw grand buffet open for sole, grapadon sang Magic Dance from Labyrinth and i was the only one in the crowd who knew it. Always fun times when Grand Buffet is involved. Sole fans suck bad. His fans act like they are too good for anybody but sole. they showed absolutely no respect for any of the opening acts. At that show There were only like 10 of us, if that, at the front of the stage for the opening acts. Even Grapadon had to join us cause he saw that bullshit. Im not even into hip-hop really, but it is harder to be on stage putting yourself out there, than for me to be in the crowd showing my support. Sole seemed too serious on stage. He annoys me.
About the shapeshifters... Circus is always on some crazy hallucinogenic drugs or something. I love Circus no matter what. One time at a show i saw him in the back poring a bunch of different alchohol in a water bottle and drinking that. I couldnt picture him rescuing Awol. 2-Mex is always on. he has more energy on stage than most mc's ive ever seen.
Post Wed May 21, 2003 2:51 pm
dabinduppes

Grand Buffet Testimonial

I have witnessed Grand Buffet perform wonderful feats of magic, such as walking into a punk bar in OC to perform, not a hiphop fan in the fucking house.....a real hostile crowd....when it was all said and done, everyone had a Sparkle Magic CD in hand and every woman was leaving with a baby tee...I almost started crying, it was beautiful
Post Wed May 21, 2003 2:58 pm
The RIAA TookMyMusicAway

Grand Buffet should only tour. I've only seen them once and loved the set but I was listening to the lyrics and thought the material was weak. On the subject of Tomahawk i have to say this. When they opened for Tool thier performance did nothing for me. I thought it was horrible. However they were in the city about 2 weeks back performing with the Melvins. I didn't go to the show but maybe I should have given them a second chance.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:22 am
KLB

Dj Murge is lame
All Living Legends Suck!!!--Grouch is thw worst
Swollen Members should stop playing
Post Thu May 22, 2003 1:20 am
Optics

man...  Reply with quote  

I can't believe that no one mention Afura, man that cat can't perform worth shit on stage!! He always too high or wacked out on something because he always unplugs the mic by accident AT LEAST 4-5 times during his set.

I would agree with you on Jeru like 6 years ago but I saw him not too long ago and he ripped shit. I mean the whole place was going crazy.

Man, yall must have seen Del, on a bad night becasue the 3 times I saw him with all the heiroglyphics, he ripped shit. I am sorry if you think Pep Love sucks but he has improved steadily on stage too.

I don't even wanna list anymore heads that suck on stage because thta would take way too long to think of. I have to say some of the best live performances I have seen aren't even hip-hop related!!

Peace and Blessings,
Murph
Post Thu May 22, 2003 3:46 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

i fell asleep during THE OPUS on the god loves ugly tour..

thank god Brother Ali woke me up..
Post Thu May 22, 2003 4:01 am
bensandoval

GaryColemansStuntDouble wrote:
On the subject of Tomahawk i have to say this. When they opened for Tool thier performance did nothing for me. I thought it was horrible. However they were in the city about 2 weeks back performing with the Melvins. I didn't go to the show but maybe I should have given them a second chance.

dude, stop reading my mind

i would've gone to that tomahawk/melvins show had it not sold out
Post Thu May 22, 2003 4:11 am
maxamillion

Re: man...  Reply with quote  

Optics wrote:
I can't believe that no one mention Afura, man that cat can't perform worth shit on stage!! He always too high or wacked out on something because he always unplugs the mic by accident AT LEAST 4-5 times during his set.

I would agree with you on Jeru like 6 years ago but I saw him not too long ago and he ripped shit. I mean the whole place was going crazy.

Man, yall must have seen Del, on a bad night becasue the 3 times I saw him with all the heiroglyphics, he ripped shit. I am sorry if you think Pep Love sucks but he has improved steadily on stage too.

I don't even wanna list anymore heads that suck on stage because thta would take way too long to think of. I have to say some of the best live performances I have seen aren't even hip-hop related!!

Peace and Blessings,
Murph

Sorry but I've been to an afu-ra show and I must say he did a real good show. I whent alone and had to sleep at the train station and take the first train in the morning an after ward I still felt like I had a great time.

He even got into the crowd and talked to people, not to many artists do that......
Post Thu May 22, 2003 6:21 am
molasses

Reaching Quiet

Worst set of music I've ever heard. The Why? has to drag Dose down with him after he already did an amazing set with Boom Bip
Post Thu May 22, 2003 7:37 am
futuristxen

Reaching Quiet + Dose-One=Clouddead?

That said, Reaching Quiet is an aquired taste, I can't imagine what they're like live, but I don't doubt that it could be annoying as fuck. And I like the reaching quiet album.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 8:14 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next