Register
Archival Footage of Woman Taking LSD
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

Archival Footage of Woman Taking LSD  Reply with quote  

The play of wonder across her face is fun to watch:

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/16/housewifes-lsd-trip.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boingboing%2FiBag+%28Boing+Boing%29
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:05 pm
anomaly
Loserface

I don't miss acid.....it brings out the inner-hippie hiding in each of us.

"we're all one....it's all happening...."

my wife thought our stairs were suddenly a slide and took a jump down them feetfirst about 10 years ago. she fractured her ankle, which healed wrong. now, a decade later, we have to rebreak it so it'll heal right. F acid in the B.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 pm
jehu

fascinating stuff. i love watching doc's like this.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 am
xGasPricesx

"I wish I could talk in technicolor" is one of the greatest quotes I have ever heard from someone on high-powered hallucinogens.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:11 am
mzehe916

jehu wrote:
fascinating stuff. i love watching doc's like this.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:48 am
iammessage

man this looks WAY too much like my grandma. i gotta do some math and make some phone calls. i mean, i doubt it, but that REALLY looks like her and she is 85.

edit* nevermind, just noticed she said her husband was an employee at the VA, tho my grandparents were in CA in the 50's, my grandpa sold honey.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:56 am
anomaly
Loserface

iammessage wrote:
man this looks WAY too much like my grandma. i gotta do some math and make some phone calls. i mean, i doubt it, but that REALLY looks like her and she is 85.

edit* nevermind, just noticed she said her husband was an employee at the VA, tho my grandparents were in CA in the 50's, my grandpa sold honey.

or Grandma had another life and was getting doublestuffed.

i joke, i joke.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:15 am
Bicycle

You seem to have nothing nice to say in this thread. I think you need to unleash your inner-hippie

Did I misunderstand what the dude was saying or was that concoction she drank the equivalent of 1500 doses? That would be insane. She looks lovely all wide eyed and understanding everything

I took two hits at a party once and smiled til my face hurt. and then continued to smile. Watched the floor break out into perfect geometric patterns all moving in unison. I mapped out how energies moved from person to person as if everyone was trapped in their own little ego bubble. The size of the bubble determined their range of influence and the extent to which they were closed off to the influence of others. I used this to accurately determine the push and pull dynamics of conversations and predict where they would end up. This was depressing. No one was able to move beyond their bubble. No one was able to really connect. I suppose that's just magnetism

If you told me you could read minds on that shit, I wouldn't doubt it at all. Science types: please explain to me how its all just a product of lucid imagination.

Anyone else care to share their experiences?
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 am
neveragainlikesheep

I think it was wonderful. Her responses were so genuine and she was so happy about everything. Watching her react to the drug with a lot of joy makes me reconsider my ideas about the drug. I've never taken it for fear of fucking my mind up. Ever since being given ritalin as a child I've had a strong fear of drugs ruining my brain.

This lady looks like she's had an experience that's absolutely wonderful.

Makes me wonder...
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:16 am
Bicycle

Some people end up loosing their shit. A friend of mine tripped on mushrooms for a week straight a few years ago. Homelessness, a stint in the military, and a trip to the mental institute later and he still hasn't quite come back to normalcy

I was scared of loosing my shit before I tried it, as I feel like ive been on the edge for quite some time. I figured I'd be able to rationalize the experience the way I rationalize dreams like "its just my imagination. Its not real" but I cant do that. If you're tied down to your particular version of reality and not ready to have that reality tested, then you should probably avoid it. Otherwise I'd definately recommend it. I came back to functioning life with a new perspective on its possibilities and a reaffirmation of things I already knew but hadn't seen
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:45 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
I think it was wonderful. Her responses were so genuine and she was so happy about everything. Watching her react to the drug with a lot of joy makes me reconsider my ideas about the drug. I've never taken it for fear of fucking my mind up. Ever since being given ritalin as a child I've had a strong fear of drugs ruining my brain.

This lady looks like she's had an experience that's absolutely wonderful.

Makes me wonder...

Of course you rarely hear about the good experiences. Always people jumping down stairs and breaking themselves or out windows and dying. My experience was similar to hers. I laughed out loud at the simple fact that she can't describe it. Who could? The concept of seeing depth of air, or seeing the energy vibrations of light. These are things we don't have words for. Whether it's just a projected interpretation of what one already knows as "truth" from a science book or whether the drug actually allows you to see the things she's describing, that's what I would like to know.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:50 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

jakethesnake wrote:
Of course you rarely hear about the good experiences. Always people jumping down stairs and breaking themselves or out windows and dying.

Is your exposure to drug conversations from 80s after-school specials?

I'd say it's about 90/10 in favor of people talking about how awesome LSD is in terms of what I hear.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:53 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Found that down the page a bit. Love the first comment "good thing this drug is illegal. otherwise we´╗┐ might lose the will to murder other people."

And the mean, look at the post above mine. That's what people think happens as a norm. Hell we're not even 1 page into the thread and there's already horror stories. No offense people, but if you can't handle the drugs you can't handle the drugs. I never had any thoughts that I could fly, or that my stairs were an amusement ride, or that my house was infested with spiders so I burned it down.

I have, however, seen some pretty cool vibrations coming off a black light.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

jakethesnake wrote:
And the mean, look at the post above mine. That's what people think happens as a norm.

The one that describes a bad experience of a friend and then talks about how great an LSD experience he had? And then says, "If you're tied down to your particular version of reality and not ready to have that reality tested, then you should probably avoid it. Otherwise I'd definately recommend it?"
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 am
anomaly
Loserface

i did my share; i enjoyed it, but not sure i'd do it these days. The trick is to take the hit, then immediately get your drink on a bit....that way you're buzzed, mellow, and guaranteed to be in a good mood when it kicks in.

I went and saw BT on about 3 hits in Dallas about 10 years ago and it was the best live electronic show i can remember. Small club; people packed in, lights crazy, music loud.....and my eyes were pure pupil. Good times.

I also recommend taking 1 single hit and going to Six Flags. I rode this ride for 3 hours straight. So awesome.

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next