Search
Register

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

LikeWise

I guess I was coming at it from a different angle. When I said nobody is truly real on the internet, I mean, we're all just disembodied heads with a internet persona. Even if you apparently act the same way on the net, you can never really catch a glimpse of someone's personality until you meet them, since that shit is 80 percent non-verbal. I guess, in a way, I'm agreeing with Future...but when I'm looking at people on a message board, I try to keep in mind that this is only a distorted version of them...which is why I didn't see it as some big betrayal, or an actual reflection of her.

PS: I called out Sage on MMC before anyone. I should win something.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 am
futuristxen

LikeWise wrote:
you can never really catch a glimpse of someone's personality until you meet them, since that shit is 80 percent non-verbal.

I would dispute that. In person people's personalities are just as warped. You're influenced overly by aesthetics in that situation, and because of that could miss some things while trying to process all of the sights and sounds of someone in person.

Nothing is more or less anyone.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:10 am
LikeWise

I'm not just basing it on my own experiences, but various old/new studies.

Also, if I stated all that in real life, my charm would win you over and you would agree with me almost instantly. There's a prime example. Haha.

Now...I'm starting to wonder how many fakes have been exposed on here over the years.

MMC
Zing Zong
Steppen.

Who am I forgetting?
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:31 am
selfworth

i always just figured that MMMC was real because there is a fellow that does gig posters by that name and i figured that it was the same guy.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:50 am
AdamBomb

Sage Francis wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
I knew you were MMMC(I forget who told me), but the thing I didn't know or couldn't figure out was how you released "new recordings" for MMMC. Did you manipulate your vocals for those? Or were they old recordings?

Good question. The MMMC character evolved out of all the bad demos I've received over the years.

What? Hilarious. Can we pretend you were joking? I'm kinda bummed, now.

And who is this? It was even tagged.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:06 am
phataccino

Wasn't it Lucid who originally called out Sage as Michael Michael Motorcycle? I remember him saying something about some of the lyrics M3 posted being the same one's his brother or friend or someone had sent to Sage. The best thing about Michael Michael Motorcycle was the Dan Shay dis tracks.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

I always got Steppen confused with Sterven in my mind. But Sterven was the guy that was from Canada and was dating Adamina, and she had shapely, big ole boobies and taught us that "eskimo" was a derogatory term that meant "fish eater" or something like that. Right?

We have lost so many. WE HAVE LOST SO MANY.

Let us not lose CRAZY, also. Her stories, regardless of whether or not they were totally truthful, were always super entertaining to me.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:35 am
Bicycle

I lost a freestyle battle against MMM and got kicked off the board

Foul play. I want my membership back

I shoulda known what was going on when dude built me some keystyle stairs to jump off of. That shits too clever. Oh well. I needed a break. Ill Probably need another one pretty soon here
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:50 am
anomaly
Loserface

sage was MMMC? wtf. I thought that guy was longwinded. I usually couldn't get through an entire post before my ADD kicked in
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:10 am
Blackstone Valley

i will never forget that day in NYC, when i found out MMMC was Sage. The Taurus was white, the art exhibit was colorful, the karob was terrible... I was never the same.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:03 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

i thought it was pretty obvious that either sage or b. dolan was mmmc. he posted very rarely but usually in hall-of-fame worthy threads, so it was clearly someone who followed the forum closely. his lines were way to good to come from someone who wasn't an actual writer / rapper. the posts almost always got a laugh from me and it was funny to watch how people on the forum responded to his swagga.

crazy's contributions were good when she wasn't relating her own "experiences". it struck me as pathetic and desperate they way she seemed to need to insert herself into every topic. if you mentioned gabon in a thread then her brothers ex girlfriend went to gabon and got malaria. if you mentioned lynyrd skynyrd then she met the guy who the band is named after. reading that sort of bs just made me sad. after i noticed the pattern i stopped reading all of her posts over two or three sentences because they seemed like a waste of time.

i realize that everyone here is creating a character for themselves to a certain extent. we do that in real life too of course, it's just easier on here. still, i think most people here are representing themselves relatively fairly and with honest intentions and i think that makes this forum a better place to post. i'm glad to see someone who was clearly full of shit be gone.

Last edited by crash on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 am
Sarcastro

how come all the fake people are so fun and entertaining and all the real people are so douchy and preachy?
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 am
laurapalmer

I thought/still think Prolific Memorie was a real person who really was named memorie and really lives in Florida

I will be completely and totally fooled on that one if it is a joke account.

Even harder than joke accounts is when an old account is reclaimed and used to mess around.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 am
phataccino

crash wrote:
i'm glad to see someone who was clearly full of shit be gone.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Sarcastro wrote:
how come all the fake people are so fun and entertaining and all the real people are so douchy and preachy?

For the same reason that a carnival is fun but bombing civilians in afghanistan is not.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next