Search
Register
WAR of WORDCRAFT and my goodbye to 2010
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

WAR of WORDCRAFT and my goodbye to 2010  Reply with quote  

What better way to end my year than by offering up a video for “War of Wordcraft,” which is a parody of my “Best of Times” song.

A couple months ago a guy with the auspicious name of Bloodysic sent me the lyrics to this parody. He said he wanted to rap over the “Best of Times” instrumental and create a video for his WoW friends. I told him to record the vocals and I would put it together as best I could with the instrumental. Despite how it sounds, it took a long time to fix up the sound of his vocals while trying to get everything on beat (or close to on beat.) What we ended up with isn’t half as bad as I was expecting. Or maybe it is considering how BloodySic fell off the grid after I showed him the end result. I then put out an APB for people who could put together a video that mimicked the original video as quickly as possible. A man named DesignByPete jumped in and saved the day. Hope you like this. It makes me laugh at least.

Good humor is going to help get me through this next year. For reasons I’m not at liberty to explain just yet, I will be in South Africa throughout the month of January and I hope to come home with a lot of great stories to share. Despite my permanent hiatus from touring, 2011 is looking like it’s going to be insanely busy. Tons of writing, recording, producing, and collaborating with friends to ensure that Strange Famous Records remains a force to be reckoned with in the independent music world. Expect new albums from almost every single artist on our roster (including the newly signed group, Metermaids!) May 2010 crawl back into whatever hellish cave it came from and die already.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Uncle Sage
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:10 pm
Captiv8

Awesome!

So we will know what's up with you in South Africa soon, ya? Are you collaborating with Die Antwoord?
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:38 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

That is pretty funny. I wish you the best with all your endeavors in 2011 Sage. There's only one way to go from here and that's up.

Cheers
Flawed Logic
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:43 pm
Marcus Forealius

That video is nicely done, very entertaining.

BloodySic sounds like Toby from The Office, and I kept picturing him dropping the verses.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:41 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Amen to that. May 2010 was the worst year of my life thus far.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:26 pm
Plum Puddin'

Re: WAR of WORDCRAFT and my goodbye to 2010  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:

Good humor is going to help get me through this next year. For reasons I’m not at liberty to explain just yet, I will be in South Africa throughout the month of January and I hope to come home with a lot of great stories to share. Despite my permanent hiatus from touring, 2011 is looking like it’s going to be insanely busy. Tons of writing, recording, producing, and collaborating with friends to ensure that Strange Famous Records remains a force to be reckoned with in the independent music world. Expect new albums from almost every single artist on our roster (including the newly signed group, Metermaids!) May 2010 crawl back into whatever hellish cave it came from and die already.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Uncle Sage

Its die motherfucker die motherfucker still fool!

Even though I don't get WoW that still made me laugh.

2011 Predictions..

Dolan to win an environmental award after national geographic documents the raising of 3 wounded baby chipmunks in his beard. Santana will see this, cry, and then send B a 16 minute solo to rap on. It will go top 10.

Sage will get accidentally married in South Africa after joining a local family for
dinner.

Mancabbage to be arrested for indecent exposure towards the Queen. Mark in
Minnesota will present his defense of the case in his Tron suit. All charges will be dropped.

The Alienzz will land. They're gonna be jerks to us.

The pope will die. Then rise as the aliens lizard gawd.

Anomaly will learn to love again.

Futurist will be kicked off Project Runway after beating the shit outta one of the producers.

Collabo's Collabo's Collabo's.

Girls WILL Juan lots to do with Juan.

Neuro will pose for Man Whore Magazine so he can afford a limited edition Bel Biv Devoe vinyl.

Zagadka will mourn as Plum Puddin's plane will crash in a fireball en route to marry her. She'll get over it real quick though.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Disharmony

Cheers and love to all of you.

Yes, even you Plum.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:52 pm
leifkolt

In 2010 I almost died.... but I did a barrel roll. Serious.

Glad you didn't let the idea of that video fizzle out Sage, my brother's only level 82 but he lol'd pretty hard.

Good luck in 2011 everybody. I predict that the black market value of testicles is going to go up, and with the price of prosthetic nuticals at an all time low who knows what's in store.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:58 pm
Bob_ptmfus

So why didn't you just give him the instrumental to record his lyrics to? That sounds like it would have been easier than what you did. Are you concerned about the instrumental circulating around the net?
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:23 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Bob_ptmfus wrote:
So why didn't you just give him the instrumental to record his lyrics to? That sounds like it would have been easier than what you did. Are you concerned about the instrumental circulating around the net?

I did do that. I gave him the instrumental. The vocals he recorded over the beat were not even CLOSE to being on beat. So I asked him to send me the acapella and at that point I did my best to edit them make it sound as close to the beat as possible.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:42 pm
Sarcastro

no disrespect to dude, but you should've just rapped his lyrics. The lyrics were gold but I couldn't make it through the song.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 pm
mancabbage

Re: WAR of WORDCRAFT and my goodbye to 2010  Reply with quote  

Plum Puddin' wrote:

Mancabbage to be arrested for indecent exposure towards the Queen.

no doubt, if i had the chance i would.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:40 pm
Bob_ptmfus

Haha. Well, you did a pretty good job of editing him to make him sound on beat.

This is pretty great. I actually think the lyrics are pretty well done, despite (or because of) the subject matter making it hilarious and the flow that needed computer fixing.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:53 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

it is what it is. im glad it appeared.

2010 what a horrorshow.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:19 pm
Eric B

I'm sure if I played warcraft this would be even funnier. But it's pretty good as it "almost made me alt F4" ha

2010 was a good year for me. Hopefully 2011 is just as good!
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next