Search
Register
Makeshift Patriot song cut short cause of manager
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Tempest

I think it's funny how so many of you seem to be right behind the idea of keeping life as obvious and safe as possible. Jukebox rules are garbage. Being open to different things is a good quality for people to have and should be encouraged. Don't defend being uninteresting.

Playing Makeshift Patriot at a bar is not unacceptable. Sharing a political song with a room full of people is alright and well intentioned. Bars are places to enjoy yourself but it's unreasonable to rule anything slightly unusual out.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:00 pm
box johnson

Tempest wrote:
I think it's funny how so many of you seem to be right behind the idea of keeping life as obvious and safe as possible. Jukebox rules are garbage. Being open to different things is a good quality for people to have and should be encouraged. Don't defend being uninteresting.

Playing Makeshift Patriot at a bar is not unacceptable. Sharing a political song with a room full of people is alright and well intentioned. Bars are places to enjoy yourself but it's unreasonable to rule anything slightly unusual out.

God, that's heavy handed. It's an internet jukebox, nothing more or less.

We humans sort of decide what music we think should be played when we're in groups. Maybe it's safe. That's what we came up with. This is why we have bands, radio stations, DJ's, etc.

Your quarter isn't going to enlighten anyone. You playing shitty music, though, may cause people to leave, which fucks with the bartenders money.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:42 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

medicineman wrote:
breakreep wrote:
medicineman wrote:
service without recompensation

I need to save you from yourself.

"Recompensation" isn't an appropriate word to use here. It's not even really a word, and it sounds incredibly awkward. Use "recompense" or "compensation" instead; those are both real words whose sounds please the ear of the native English speaker.

Refridgerator.

You really think "recompense" some less awkward than "recompensation"?

I was fully aware of its unwordliness. I chose it anyway.

You know what else should be a word? "Clapter"

Like, laughter, except it's clapping?

A light sprinkling of clapter swept through the crowd.

I'm down for that word.

And yeah, recompense is way less awkward.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:47 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

man people are drinking, they are in a state, the bartender is trying to control that. if you get your songs skipped, you can just be a puss and back down and maybe make a thread about it, eat your wings and stfu up, or you can be tom petty and you can stand your ground, and rear your horns and have a horn struggle. then all hell would break lose, people would hit each other with bar stools and start punching each other, and then someone would throw something through a mirror. all just because they wouldn't let you play lawrence welk and his champagne band?
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:16 pm
xGasPricesx

Tempest wrote:

Booze and politics just don't mix. I've learned this many times now, including from my political/social theme party thread I had on here a couple months back. They didn't mix before, they don't mix now, and they won't mix tomorrow. And as much as I may love Makeshift Patriot, nobody else wants to hear it when they are trying to get their drunk on and temporarily forget about all the shitty things in their life. So quit being an asshole and just put on something a little bit more upbeat than a political song about a very depressing event (an event that someone in that bar could have potentially lost a loved one in, and so maybe they really don't want to be thinking about that shit at that time).
Post Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:38 am
anomaly
Loserface

you want a real party? Drink and talk about religion. THAT'S a good time.
Especially if you know they're religious. It's like trolling in real life.
Post Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:40 am
Nahgied

sorry to bring this back. but why would a bar install one of these super jukeboxes if it wasnt down with hearing all sorts of odd music, that's what i dont get. was it a chain bar?
Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:51 am
b.Freyer

Nahgied wrote:
sorry to bring this back. but why would a bar install one of these super jukeboxes if it wasnt down with hearing all sorts of odd music, that's what i dont get. was it a chain bar?

Yes it was a chain bar, there's a few of the same bar out in the city I live in.
Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:52 am
N8Ball

I wish I could find a bar in my area with Sage Francis songs on the jukebox
Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:26 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5