Search
Register
Chilling Florida school board shooting video
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

bbreakz

phataccino wrote:
Crazy. The guy who apparently signed the papers resulting in the gunman's wife being fired seemed like he was being a dick. I'm no expert on crisis management or negotiating with a hostage taker, but if some crazy guy is threatening to kill me because I fired his wife, the last thing I'd do is continue to essentially reduce her to a number on a ledger by repeating over and over that I didn't even know who she was or what she did. Then he basically berates the guy saying he thinks he just wants to cops to show up and kill him. And the lady with the purse is definitely a badass, but she couldn't have found a better weapon than a purse?

Yeah I know. She had the element of surprise and made contact. Why not a lamp and why not hit him in the head.

She is loco, but at the same time she has some courage.

Either way, I did watch it with intensity but having this shit on the news is weird even for a journalist such as myself. I am always torn between giving the public a complete understanding and how really raw violence is necessary.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 am
anomaly
Loserface

I'm in no way condoning what this guy did, but I understand. My wife was laid off for some bullshit from her job of 9 years and within a few months, I was also laid off my job of 8 years.

I got pretty close to losing it. Not on some shoot people up shit, but your mind starts to work differently when you're at a point of desperation. The thought of being homeless and losing everything you have will do things to you.

Management typically don't give a fuck about the people they have control over and this is what happens. Not saying it's justified, but they have to start caring or this will continue.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:00 am
Windom

anomaly wrote:
I'm in no way condoning what this guy did, but I understand. My wife was laid off for some bullshit from her job of 9 years and within a few months, I was also laid off my job of 8 years.

I got pretty close to losing it. Not on some shoot people up shit, but your mind starts to work differently when you're at a point of desperation. The thought of being homeless and losing everything you have will do things to you.

Management typically don't give a fuck about the people they have control over and this is what happens. Not saying it's justified, but they have to start caring or this will continue.

He had a history of acting violently though, right? Not the first time he has used weapons to threaten people. The last time he was 'desparate' was when a woman didn't return his advances?

Quote:

According to the website of the Florida Department of Corrections, Duke was sentenced in 2000 for aggravated stalking, obstructing justice and throwing or shooting into a vehicle.

According to the Panama City News Herald, after six months of stalking a former girlfriend, Duke confronted the woman outside her home on Oct. 20, 1999. He was wearing the mask and vest and holding two .22-caliber guns. He threatened to kill her, then kill several others and then himself, the newspaper said. When the woman tried to drive away, Duke shot out a rear tire.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 am
PoetryBox

crash wrote:
young black men with guns scare me

how about anyone with a gun scares me, including cops.

This video is so insane and intense to watch first thing in the morning. Why the v for vendetta sign? That woman with the purse is a hero to try to attempt to get the gun off the old guy plain and simple. Nobody getting hit at that close range is some pulp fiction type shit, divine intervention.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

PoetryBox wrote:
crash wrote:

how about anyone with a gun scared me, including cops.

This video is so insane and intense to watch first thing in the morning. Why the v for vendetta sign? That woman with the purse is a hero to try to attempt to get the gun off the old guy plain and simple. Nobody getting hit at that close range is some pulp fiction type shit, divine intervention.

i'm no fan of guns. i'm also not a fan of saying [insert socio-economic group] with guns scare me, because i just saw one of them do something bad.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 am
anomaly
Loserface

Windom wrote:
anomaly wrote:

He had a history of acting violently though, right? Not the first time he has used weapons to threaten people. The last time he was 'desparate' was when a woman didn't return his advances?

Quote:

According to the website of the Florida Department of Corrections, Duke was sentenced in 2000 for aggravated stalking, obstructing justice and throwing or shooting into a vehicle.

According to the Panama City News Herald, after six months of stalking a former girlfriend, Duke confronted the woman outside her home on Oct. 20, 1999. He was wearing the mask and vest and holding two .22-caliber guns. He threatened to kill her, then kill several others and then himself, the newspaper said. When the woman tried to drive away, Duke shot out a rear tire.

oops, missed that. Void my first and last sentences then.
Fuck this guy. :)
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:58 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

crash wrote:
PoetryBox wrote:
crash wrote:

how about anyone with a gun scared me, including cops.

i'm no fan of guns. i'm also not a fan of saying [insert socio-economic group] with guns scare me, because i just saw one of them do something bad.

Yeah, it's not like there's been an upsurge of crazy, old, entitled-ass white folks in recent years of anything. Just wait until they start shooting up school meetings because things aren't going their way.

While we're generalizing things, I'd like to say that everyone in that video has watched way too much TV.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:34 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

so are we allowed to generalize about all races or just white people?

i always cringe when i hear someone talk about a crime and say something like, "yeah these black dudes just came up out of no where and knocked him down" or something like that. is there any reason to mention the perpetrators race? i always thought the answer was no.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:28 pm
anomaly
Loserface

this story's about a white guy; why even get into this?
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

This is a long discussion, one I have to believe we've had many times before, so I'll just cut to the chase and say that I feel very comfortable speaking on my own race. You can be scared of young black men with guns, that's fine. That's your prerogative. I feel like old white people with guns are more of a threat. They're scarier, they're in greater numbers, they're mad as hell and they're not going to take it anymore.
*it* being their inability to adjust to the notion that they are not entitled to shit.

We be living in the age of the herostratus.
We be living we be living in the herostratic age.
We be living, we be dying, we be laughing, we be crying
Long live the herostrats. The world is your stage.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 pm
crash

i'm bored. plus i get a little perturbed when i imagine the the ensuing reaction if i had complained about all these young black kids with guns in a thread about how my girlfriend got pistol whipped and robbed on the bus.

obviously due to prevailing stereotypes and the fact that i'm white those situations are not analogous, but why bring up the guys race at all?

edit: didn't see sage's post.

i agree with that in part. especially the rap part.

Last edited by crash on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 pm
jehu

anomaly wrote:

cuz his race aint got ish t d w/ it, maybe? how about, "that guy is just crazy"?
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 pm
anomaly
Loserface

jehu wrote:
anomaly wrote:

cuz his race aint got ish t d w/ it, maybe?

???
That was exactly my point
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:13 pm
badjerk

As long as we're discussing white people gone wild...

has anybody been following this Honeybee killer story? shits nuts

In short, few months back dude rides around rural illinois/indiana (i think) asking people weird questions about honeybees and then opens fire. think he killed at least one person and injured several more. Shortly after the spree a police officer is arrested as a suspect, but gets released after providing an alibi.

Then the other day a dude goes into a tanning salon in suburban chicago with a gun pulled and ties up the employee behind the desk. soon after, a patron comes in and is ordered by gunman to tie himself up. when gunman leans down to get the rope, patron rushes him and takes his gun eventually killing the original gunman.

turns out this tanning salon robber is most likely the Honeybee killer (gun matched and was driving similar truck) AND just a few hours before tanning salon tried to kidnap a prostitute in chicago.

tanning salon security footage here

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2010/12/14/surveillance-video-released-in-la-tan-robbery-shooting/

another article about the story

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/12/cops-honeybee-suspect-fired-at-prostitute.html

i should get an award, as this story ties in with at least 3 current discussions on the board...1)crazy armed whites 2) BEES 3) they are trying to see if this guy is connected with a mass murder last year at a department store even though the suspect in that incident was black with corn rows (maybe he had the crazy mask from california)
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next