Search
Register
Prolyphic - "NY Jets" video - prod. by Buddy Peace
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

SFR announcement

Prolyphic - "NY Jets" video - prod. by Buddy Peace  Reply with quote  

Prolyphic is from New England. Yet...he is a NY Jets fan. This is something his fans and Strange Famous Records label-mates tease him about incessantly every football season. Last year, Prolyphic made this "NY Jets" song as an expression of the pain, humility and horror that has come with emotionally investing in a perpetual underdog. However, this season it seems like the Jets might actually pull through. Maybe? M-m-m-mayyyybe??? Thus far, the Jets have had an amazing season thus far and they might actually give their fans the final release that they've long been stroking for. We're not saying we expect this to happen, but if the NY Jets win the Superbowl this year, not only will Prolyphic believe in miracles again but Strange Famous Records will take a group photo wearing NY Jets jerseys. Pant-less.

Here's what the song means to Prolyphic in his own words:

Since the age of 6 I have been a dedicated fan of the New York Jets. People have asked me, "Why are you a Jets fan, aren't you from New England?" I am Jets fan because of my Dad. He was a Jets fan, so it was only natural for me to become a Jets fan. If I had to do it all over again I may have went a different route due to all the headaches, nausea, heartburn, cold sweats, and disappointment this team has caused me throughout my life…and for what? I don’t know why I care so much. I am attached to them.I see a lot of myself in them because we’re both underdogs I guess. Also, I’ve invested so much time watching them on TV and listening to them on the radio that I need some sort of gratification. The Jets have always found a way to lose. In my eyes they always had the potential to win, but it was their poor decision-making that would fuck things up--from the players to GM’s. Whether it was to draft Ken O’Brien instead of Dan Marino, or draft Kyle Brady instead of Warren Sapp, or to sign Vinny Testaverde back 3 times after they had already let him go twice before because he was passed his prime.Or how about throwing a 4 yard pass when you needed 6 yards for a first down in the AFC Championship game in 1998 (Thanks Vinnie the Pooh).

The Jets are a laughingstock in the NFL, even though they’ve been to the playoffs 3 out the last 6 years. The main reason is because they always find a way to blow it. Botched kicks, interceptions, fumbles, penalties, bad play calling. You name it, they’ve done it...and I’ve sat through it all with my Dad. We’ve cursed the TV; laughing, cheering, threatening to switch to another team, and sometimes turning the game off before it ended.We sat through every damn Jets season together waiting for them to play to their potential and to give us something to cheer for. At the beginning of every season it's always been, “This is their year…it's gotta be." At the end of every season its been, “They suck.”

For the first time ever, I actually believe that this might really be their season. The Jets are making incredible plays and they are winning games. They’re finding ways to win. They actually remind me of the 2000 Patriots. The only potential nightmare is the place kicker Nick Folk, he needs to get his shit together.He is missing easy, easy field goals. He could single handedly blow their season. He is Vinny reincarnated into a kicker. Dec. 6th is the biggest NFL game of the season: A 9-2 Pats versus a 9-2 Jets. The winner will be dubbed the best team in the NFL. We’ll see what happens. I like the Jets' chances and I will be watching with my Dad on Monday night. I’ve been to only one Jets game in my life and that was in 1988 against the Patriots at the old Foxboro Stadium. The Jets lost that game, even with Steve Grogan as the Patriots QB. This was during a time when the Pats and Jets both sucked and the Buffalo Bills were the dominating team in AFC. Now the Bills suck and the Pats and Jets are dominating teams in the AFC.

I wrote this "New York Jets" song on a whim in a couple of hours, right after Brett Favre left the Jets in 2009 to go the Minnesota Vikings. I was pissed. Fuck Favre. But, you know what? Karma caught up with him and took a picture of his penis, so its all good. This song isn't only for Jets fans, it is dedicated to all fans of losing teams out there. This one is for you.
After I finished writing the song I wasn’t sure if I was going to release it or just keep it to myself. I had just started working with Buddy Peace on a new album and decided to send him an acapella version to see what he thought. What's funny about this situation is Buddy is a producer from the UK and he hardly knows anything about American Football. He was probably like, “Why is this dude so obsessed with a shitty sports team?” And my answer would be, "I don’t know Buddy…ok?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prolyphic and Buddy Peace are currently working on an album together which will be released sometime in 2011. This particular track was made just for shits and giggles so ENJOY and download the MP3 for free at: http://soundcloud.com/strangefamousrecords/ny-jets-prolyphic-buddy-peace
Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:45 pm
prolyphic81

Face painted green, jerseys, pant-less.
Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:52 pm
iammessage

I like this song.

I do not like nobody tackling santonio holmes. Go browns.
Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:08 am
FuseONE

Re: Prolyphic's video about his love/hate for "The NY J  Reply with quote  

SFR announcement wrote:
Karma caught up with him and took a picture of his penis

hahahaha
Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:20 pm
prolyphic81

This song is for the Browns fans as well, actually its for all of Cleveland. You guys need some positive reinforcement.

If you like the Clippers, Lions, Bengals, Nets, Pitts Pirates, any Cleveland team this song is for you too.
Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:34 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

As posted on my facebook page:

Tonight B. Dolan, Ceschi, Sole & Jared Paul will be coming to my house to watch the big game. PATS Vs. JETS! Now listen, folks...we get the feeling that a lot of our fans dislike professional sports. Or sports in general. Or American football. Or the Jets. Or the Pats. But many of your favorite underground rappers were raised on this stuff, so don't trip too hard. If nothing else, football has allowed New England children to have a relationship with their fathers. Prolyphic will NOT be at my house. He'll be with his family who all happen to be Jets fans for some reason. Weirdos.
Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:07 pm
prolyphic81

I think the 2 10 yd. punts said it all last night and when are the Jets going to realize that Nick Folk is not a good field goal kicker?

But even so, the Jets are still alive and it ain't over yet...
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:15 am

Jump to: