Search
Register
the WINNER of the "Dead Deer Diary" REMIX contest
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

SFR announcement

the WINNER of the "Dead Deer Diary" REMIX contest  Reply with quote  

The winner and runner-ups have been announced on the front page of our website along with a full write-up. Here's the direct link to the article:

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/news/2mex-dead-deer-diary-remix-contest/

Congrats to everyone involved. Great work all around. This was probably the toughest remix contest for us to decide a winner on.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:06 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Never has the the announcement of a victory had such a non-response from everyone. Next time we'll need to do something like this...

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Dr Sagacious

I thought LEIF should've won. :(

That's why I didn't say anything. I also don't like this song, that's another contributor. LEIF's was real nice. LEIF always brings the quality.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:00 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Dr Sagacious wrote:
I also don't like this song.

Man, I wouldn't have known that even though you said it about four other times in the previous remix threads. But this time it has finally CLICKED! Hahah...dude. I love ya but you've made your opinion about the song abundantly clear. Your response to this thread is probably one of the only responses I was *not* looking for. No disrespect but I already know you don't like the song, you couldn't make your beat work with his rhythms and yada yada. Next time I expect you to give it a whirl anyway. Pick the artist you'd like to remix and we'll make it happen.

That being said, Leif's remix was not my favorite beat-wise. But it was a hell of a remix and he continues to show his strengths as a producer.

Last edited by Sage Francis on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 pm
Jesse Custer

tbh, I'm bad with names so I can't remember which one this was even though I know I listened to it.

I was just typing how you should have actually put a link to the track on there.... It took me a minute to realise that the name linked to the track. It wasn't obvious.

Maybe I'm being dumb, or maybe other people also had that problem?

Really good remix btw; big props to Barbaric.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:00 pm
Confidential

Goddamn, that video is gross. The volume of bloody vomit coming out of that guy, egh.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:01 pm
Dr Sagacious

Sage Francis wrote:
Dr Sagacious wrote:
I also don't like this song.

Man, I wouldn't have known that even though you said it about four other times in the previous remix threads. But this time it has finally CLICKED! Hahah...dude. I love ya but you've made your opinion about the song abundantly clear. Your response to this thread is probably one of the only responses I was *not* looking for. No disrespect but I already know you don't like the song, you couldn't make your beat work with his rhythms and yada yada. Next time I expect you to give it a whirl anyway. Pick the artist you'd like to remix and we'll make it happen.

That being said, Leif's remix was not my favorite beat-wise. But it was a hell of a remix and he continues to show his strengths as a producer.

Yeah, my bad. I passed commenting on the thread until you posted that video. That video is, by far, the nastiest shit I've seen in a while.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:23 pm
Disharmony

Awesome, I really thought Barbaric should have won this and he did. To be honest, all of the beats were nice, but I kept going back to his track. He breathed life into the track in ways that others couldn't quite. His production style felt very organic with 2Mex's delivery.

Props to everyone though.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:28 pm
MCGF

Barbaric was my original pick, and is probably the most polished out of the bunch. I wasn't expecting it to win though!
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm
Flossin

Ahh, fuck, I wanted Dynamo414 to win. I'm glad he did good.

But congratulations to the winner! It's a good remix and it was a real good contest.

PS: Can I get an mp3 of the Dynamo remix? I've been listening to it a lot lately. Hit me up: flossin1985 at gmail. I really like it! Haha. Thumbs up.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm
Plum Puddin'

Sage Francis wrote:
Pick the artist you'd like to remix and we'll make it happen.

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:53 pm
leifkolt

Nothing like bloody vomit to get the conversation going.

To me, when I first heard Barbaric's remix it sounded right, like the song was comfortable with itself, and that is a huge part of making a successful remix. Not surprised he took home the V. It's well deserved!

Dr.Sag I can agree with Sage that mine sounded overly busy, let's just accept it and never speak of this again. I heard every time you question someone with a beard it decreases your life span by 7 years.

As far as which artist you guys should offer up for the next remix contest... I say, fuck it I want a SFR posse cut.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:24 pm
firefly

Jesse Custer wrote:
It took this post to realise that the name linked to the track. It wasn't obvious.

Beat's fucking banging btw. Holy shit.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:14 pm
RoNn1e

Barbaric Merits was my #2 behind LEIF's. I'm still happy with the outcome of this contest, though. I've never witnessed such a close remix competition on this forum (or anywhere else). Props to everyone who submitted a track... I (and I'm sure thousands of people who listened) really appreciate it.
Post Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:47 am
dynamo_414

I did dig Barbaric Metrics remix although I believe mine and MagOwls were doper. All in all this contest is by far the best one I've contributed to. Almost every one of the 19 finalists were top notch. Big up to everyone participating in this and ever more to the men behind all of this.

I look forward to the next contest. I'll win that one for sure:)
Post Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:20 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next