Search
Register
The Best of Times - World of Warcraft
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

squirtisblow

Sage Francis wrote:
I was kidding when I said we'd be talking serious business. Also, the content of the song is about various games, not just WOW.

Hopefully BloodySic likes what I did with the song. I haven't heard back from him yet. I'd like to at least have this available as a holiday gift. Tis the season of giving I heard.

what other games? the contents of the lyrics he posted were all wow related. I'm guessing those weren't the final lyrics then. Who sang the lyrics, btw?...
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:29 am
mancabbage

gotta have a music video, in wow
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

im guessing since sole was down with the idea he might be on it too?
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:00 pm
bigsole
Bought his character on ebay

i intend on recording one when i get back from my new england jaunt.

mine will be more PVP themed. fuck all this raid talk.
Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:09 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Video is done. It will be posted this week. Here are the finalized lyrics by Bloodysic:

It's been a long and lonely trip but I'm glad I took it because it was well worth it. I got to do a lot of quests and a lot of grinding, but they gave me a little gold and some xp to stop my whining.
Never thought that I'd hit 60. Always thought that I was worthless.
Used to wonder if I'd live to see my first tier.

The most difficult thing I ever did was apply to my first guild with no experience, realizing that the officer I was asking wasn't even recruiting. Or maybe they were but they just laughed at my 60% speed mount. Gold used to matter then, and there was no Ni How.

Conveniently a healer for raids and instances. I was a druid back then so I had no other option. If you could heal then you healed cause it was a 40 man dungeon. Wearing blues and greens was pretty common

I remember the times of the high Warlords, walking around in their massive shoulders. Spent a bunch of time complaining about how no one killed their healers. I fell in love for the first time while raiding, a massive red dragon that blows you up for progression. Once we got to Nefarion I accidentally rezzed the wrong person.

It was a dps, not a healer, not a tank he was worthless. I considered Alt F4ing cause of it. It was a big deal, I just wasted my cool down. For 30 more minutes I was just a walking cow.
After that I was forced to shift into a cat. I blew my chances, no loot for me. It's alright though, in Burning Crusade I became an OP tree.

Blood Elf paladins and Draenei Shamans? The first night of launch that's all you could see. I started leveling my Alts 'cause it was so easy. But this isn't about my journey, it's about the world around me. Illidan had claimed Outland, talkin' about how we are not prepared. Lady Vashj was in SSC. Archimond was too busy humping some tree. Poor Kaelthas didn't even matter. I wonder if he even lived long enough to realize what happened

A year later the Sunwell Plateau came out, did any of you even step into that while you were level capped? I tried it once or twice, but I never got to roll the dice. But I still think about the Vanilla and BC, like when you fought Chromaggus with the sands of time. Or when you became the bomb and the Baron blew you sky high. Did you ever wipe on the chess event? You don't have to say. Sometimes its best to just keep somethings private.

Now I'm a healer/tank/dps. My bags are always full 'cause I've got so many sets. We all got the chills when Arthas came out, but he's the lich king now. There was no doubt. Naxx came back it moved to Dragonblight. The secrets of Ulduar were locked up tight.
Brann wanted to see, so we smashed the gates. It seems the Titans had already sealed our fates.

Some of you wanted to change faces but a lot of you also changed races.

It was beautiful. It was brutal. It was cruel. It was business as usual. It was heaven. It was hell. Used to wonder if I'd live to see Kingslayer

When I did I figured that I was immortal. I almost died once but I did a barrel roll. Couldn't bear watching my imaginary toon wipe on raids with my main crew.

Bolvar was talking about some Jailor, but I was too busy dancing with the healers. He was scared of the scourge who would roam the earth so he sat back on that Frozen Throne.

Some of you wanted to change faces but a lot of you also changed races.

Shadow dps, Fire dps, I can't explain my bias for fire.
Well, you know it looks cool like a super fast snake coming at your face on fire.

Now I wonder if i'll live to see Deathwing. Wonder if I'll live long enough for phase 2. Wonder if I'll live to see past phase 2. If I do then you know I'm with my crew.

Don't listen when they tell you that these are the best years. Don't let anybody tell you how to PvP, especially if you're on a server thats PvE.

Brewfest won't give you free mounts. The Horseman won't drop his pet. When you think you've got it all figured out and then cataclysm happens…trust me, noob, it's not the end of the world.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7