Search
Register
News from Norway - American Surveillance
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Charlie Foxtrot

It's all of you. This is in your best interest. We just want to make sure you don't do anything bad with your freedom. We're your training wheels. Doesn't that feel nice, that smooth stable ride along the ground? You don't want to take them off do you? The ground is very very hard. What if you should fall?
Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:55 am
mzehe916

Dejan86 wrote:
mzehe916 wrote:
It is for your best interest. Let me tell you what your best interest is. Plus, it shows that they care.

talking to me or the guy who posted the thread?

Are you talking to me? If you are, you can thank America. Fuck yeah!
Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:30 am
Thugsbemakinout

mzehe916 wrote:
It is for your best interest. Let me tell you what your best interest is. Plus, it shows that they care.

haha, thanks.
Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:45 am
Jared Paul

Thugsbemakinout wrote:
mzehe916 wrote:

haha, thanks.

Don't mention it! That's what we're here for. Even when the schools that teach our children are under staffed and in a state of gross disrepair, even if 10% of our population is unemployed, and 30% are under employed, even if no one has health care and people are starving in our streets... we're here for YOU.

*seriously though, if I were you I'd make about as big a deal out of this as you can. support the outrage. the world needs to stand up to America, and if governments won't do it, then their people can. U.S. Out of Norway.
Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dejan86

Jared Paul wrote:
Thugsbemakinout wrote:
mzehe916 wrote:

haha, thanks.

Don't mention it! That's what we're here for. Even when the schools that teach our children are under staffed and in a state of gross disrepair, even if 10% of our population is unemployed, and 30% are under employed, even if no one has health care and people are starving in our streets... we're here for YOU.

*seriously though, if I were you I'd make about as big a deal out of this as you can. support the outrage. the world needs to stand up to America, and if governments won't do it, then their people can. U.S. Out of Norway.

Funny, whether you are being serious or just joking, either way its funny.
Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:34 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Security is a racket.
Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:54 pm
Jared Paul

Dejan86 wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
Thugsbemakinout wrote:
mzehe916 wrote:

haha, thanks.

Funny, whether you are being serious or just joking, either way its funny.

The first paragraph was def satire. The second was serious...
Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dorkasaurus

Re: News from Norway - American Surveillance  Reply with quote  

Raskolnikov wrote:
Don't know if this is getting reported at all in America (I'm guessing not), but there's been a bit of a scandal lately in my own country, Norway, regarding American surveillance.

Earlier this month a newsstory broke that the US has established a secret surveillance service in Norway, hiring former police officers to spy on Norwegian citizens. This is, of course, illegal according to Norwegian law. This has gone on with the knowing of the police and PST, the Norwegian security service. The question is to what extent the Norwegian government knew about this. They deny it, and based on the secrecy of the whole operation (spying from anonymous flats etc) I believe them.

Similar things have been uncovered in Switzerland back in 2000, and in Denmark. The reactions have been a bit varied - our government is clear in condemning the surveillance as illegal, but there seems to be little in the way of actual repercussions. Most likely this will have no actual consequences at all, as I don't think we have the power to actually do anything. There's even some rightwing characters who have the audacity to suggest that the Norwegian government is to blame here, for having laws that makes it more difficult for America to do these sort of things and especially for daring to react when they're being done anyway. It's pretty scary.

Hope my English isn't too bad, I'm pretty worked up over this and I've tried to make it as understandable as possible.

why can't the norwegian government arrest the former police that are working for the u.s. and charge them with treason? spying on citizens of your own country for a foreign country sounds like treason to me. that would certainly discourage spying for the u.s.
Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2