Search
Register
My interview with AbsolutePunk.net (lots of industry talk)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

Storm Davis

jehu wrote:

i definitely see your angle, but this thought makes me cringe. being someone who "creates" music, the idea of having my label "manage" me is scary to say the least. i really don't think that can worms is worth opening AT ALL.

I'm curious: what about this is frightening to you?
Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:25 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jehu

Storm Davis wrote:
jehu wrote:

i definitely see your angle, but this thought makes me cringe. being someone who "creates" music, the idea of having my label "manage" me is scary to say the least. i really don't think that can worms is worth opening AT ALL.

I'm curious: what about this is frightening to you?

what about it isn't frightening? tell me one positive of having a label manage you?

it scares me cuz why the fuck would ANY artist who has any amount of REAL hustle need a manager/label? so i can pay multiple people to do what i'm perfectly capable of? booking/recording/distribution? seriously? this day & age, that is just not wise. it's like labels who want you on their label cuz of your proven previous work, but then go & tell you what songs/beats/ideas they think you should use instead of trusting the artists' intuition. 10-15 years ago, i get it. now? no thanks.
Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm
Jack

I have been late jumping into the e-reader boat for the past few years but it is something that interest me. I have a shit-ton of research articles on my computer, can you upload the .pdf to a kindle and read them on the fly then. Does it work well? Can you organize files in folders?
Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:35 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

icarus502 wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:
In case anyone was wondering, the Barnes and Noble version of the kindle is a pile of shit. Don't get it.

Umm no it isn't. It's awesome. Better than the kindle, IMO.

Mother-in-law already had hers replaced after 2 weeks. We're 3 weeks into the second one so hopefully it holds up this time...

edit: That and Barnes and Noble is going bankrupt.
Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:40 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3