Search
Register
Jon Stuart and Steven Colbert March on Washington 10/30
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Ardamus315

Few things:

- I saw this dude shouting off at the top of his lungs about how bad illegal immigration was. It was a brotha from Southeast DC and he kept saying huskers. He had a point about outsourcing but the rest of what he said was plain nutjob shit.

- Saw this lady passing out a newspaper called El Militante that apparently has been around for years. The newspaper apparently printed up a book by Malcolm X and his views on labor laws. Interesting.

- Some of the funniest things to see there were the signs. So many were to funny that I can't remember. Signs like "God Hates Signs", "I'm Muslim And I'm Scared Too", and etc. were pretty funny.

- It took about an hour to get out of the crowd. I tried to hop on L'efant Plaza to head to work but they shut down the train. I had to walk through the crowd and head up to Archive-Navy Memorial just to get back on the train. This rally combined with Howard's Homecoming made it extra busy on the metro.
Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:47 pm
Plum Puddin'

haha..fox.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:58 am
Z-0

"cat stevens has a new name, he's not prince anymore even though he's the man formerly known as, ah, cat stevens..."....WTF!!!

and i love the presenter continually distinguishing herself as a "media person".
Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:52 am
Plum Puddin'

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 am
Z-0

"news person", that was it, and didnt jon look authentically fancy in his... suit...i wonder what she expected him to wear, given he's a comedian and not a real news person.
Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:58 am
neveragainlikesheep

"We're here at the same point again, where you, the fucking peon masses, can once again ruin anyone who tries to do anything because you don't know how to do it on your own! That's where we're fucking at! Once again, the useless wastes of fucking flesh that has ruined everything good in this goddamn world! That's where we're at! Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever! Kill 'em all, Adolf, all of 'em! Jew, Mexican, American, white, kill 'em all! Start over, the experiment didn't work! Rain forty days, please fucking rain to wash these turds off my fucking life! Wash these human wastes of flesh and bone off this planet! I pray to you God, to kill these fucking people!"

That's all I have to say.
Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:51 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

brian kilmeade - the one on the right in that photo - isn't much of a newsperson himself:

Quote:

"[In the United States] we keep marrying other species and other ethnics... See, the problem is the Swedes have pure genes. Because they marry other Swedes .... Finns marry other Finns, so they have a pure society. In America we marry everybody, we marry Italians and Irish."

"They were outraged that somebody was saying ... there was a certain group of people that attacked us on 9/11. It wasn't just one person, it was one religion. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims."

but on to the rally...

we didn't get down there till about 1 because we were slacking - and because metro was such a mess. after the rally we just walked home (about 2 miles) and actually got back faster. we were on 7th and madison and we couldn't hear or see anything it was packed so tight you could hardly move. we stayed for a bit but eventually gave up, turned around, and headed home. i wish we could have got there earlier. saw some great signs though.

my sign was in french and i ended up getting interviewed by a french journalist about the rally.

on to the pics.

i was a french protester/rioter. (i realize rioters don't carry signs) it says "it is the street that governs" and "back off the cpe" (i think. my girlfriend did the translation). that is a fake molotov in my hand.

my roommate ran into some furries. (he's the one squatting).

this guy fell out of the tree a few seconds later.

all the trees on the mall were full but i found one off to the side. i really wanted to get in those trees closer to the stage - i was so jealous of the view.

here's a link to a panorama
http://onapier.smugmug.com/gallery/14372112_ZtvVo#1072912128_4TAmZ-O-LB

after the rally i met up with redball, his friend, and xgaspricesx. all great guys. sadly redball had to roll back to NJ but GP stayed and hit up some house parties with us.... managed to improvise a outfit as tiger woods' caddy... not too bad.

i'm on the left in a half assed chilean miner get up.

great fuckin day.

does anyone have a link to video of the whole rally? i can't find it anywhere.

Last edited by crash on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

SFR hoody representin'!

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:23 pm
neveragainlikesheep

I love you Crash.
Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:36 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:38 pm