Search
Register
Camu Tao "King of Hearts" CD Now Avail at SFRstore
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Flossin

Sage Francis wrote:
I'll be bumping this album for quite some time. It's fun, catchy and one of a kind. I'm surprised by how much I like this album. Definitely not what I expected.

Cool. I'm a big Camu fan and have been one for a good couple of years now. He's actually in my top 3 rap artists. But some of my friends really didn't like this album cause it's such a departure from the regular Camu/Blair Cosby/Weathermen releases. Personally, I think this album is incredible. Camu had an awesome voice. He has a pretty wide scale and it seems like he could do vocals raging from mad deep bass to some high-pitched Prince-on-steroids type shit.
I love this album. I've been listening to it both as a whole as well as single tracks. I find some tracks to be heavily uplifting, like "The Moment" (track 12). I fuckin love the way Camu sounds when he comes in with the "If you can find something to fight for.." line. It's really good.
Which tracks are your favorites so far, Sage?
Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:11 pm
pugg

King of Hearts is my fav. song.

Flossin-I totally know what you mean about the "If you can find something to..." lines. Killer flow. Gets me all pumped up. Wanna do push-ups.
Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:33 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flossin

Umm... is this song:

sampling this "theme":

???

I knew I've heard that sound in the beginning of Camu's song somewhere else years ago and it was from some game and it sure sounds similar. I think that during the game, it was playing more like the beginning of the Camu Tao track, without all that shit coming in in the title theme.

Anyway, this is pretty fuckin random.

EDIT: the part I'm talking about is the few seconds in the beginning of both those videos.

EDIT 2: Also, another video of this theme (who the hell uploads themes from shitty games on youtube anyway?), from a different level or something, seems to have another sample source for the song.

So I guess I answered this for myself.

Last edited by Flossin on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 pm
Dr Sagacious

I can't see the Camu Tao video, because Sony Music Entertainment went Hitler on them with Copyright infringement claim.

These fucking corporations can't keep scavenging the net looking for this type of shit, it's stupid. It's on youtube, no one is selling/pirating your music, shitnuts.
Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:43 pm
Flossin

Dr Sagacious wrote:
I can't see the Camu Tao video, because Sony Music Entertainment went Hitler on them with Copyright infringement claim.

These fucking corporations can't keep scavenging the net looking for this type of shit, it's stupid. It's on youtube, no one is selling/pirating your music, shitnuts.

I just edited my post with another video and it seems that the nes game is the sample source indeed.

The Camu Tao song was "The Moment". Maybe you can hear it somewhere without having to watch it on youtube, if you wanna see for yourself.

I just thought it was pretty random and/or interesting.
Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4