Search
Register
New MAC LETHAL Love Potion 6 (shipping now!)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i turn that song up real loud especially that part about the gas station that sells blunts by the one when im blazen hazen son!

you dont want none

you cant see me

suckah

BUMP THAT SHIT

BANG BANG BANG

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:44 am
remind

Mac Lethal wrote:
Lol. It's because people still don't understand Love Potions.

The danger of putting out unfinished/unusable music. People still place expectations. So many major record label artists don't have to do it. I gotta eat though, while I make this album.

Um, haha yeah that's why I thought it was a letdown. Because I don't "understand". Believe it or not, I'm aware of what the Love Potion collection is to you. I enjoy all of them...except this one. It's the laziest one to date, on all fronts. I like Irish Funeral and Cover My Tracks. How to Build a Warhead is entertaining. And you do experiment with some new flows. But there's really no point in pointing out all the wackness since this is unfinished and ahem...unusable. Right? And, yes, I will always have expectations for the rappers I like. It's a good thing, Mac. But to be on some "you don't get it...it's supposed to be wack" just makes me feel like I should have saved my money.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:09 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

dude

its just fun music

thats all

you know what fun is right?

oh ok sorry then
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:14 pm
remind

Hey Neuro... shut up.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:17 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

oh

ok

sorry remind

we are still BFF's right?
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

remind wrote:
Mac Lethal wrote:
Lol. It's because people still don't understand Love Potions.

The danger of putting out unfinished/unusable music. People still place expectations. So many major record label artists don't have to do it. I gotta eat though, while I make this album.

Um, haha yeah that's why I thought it was a letdown. Because I don't "understand". Believe it or not, I'm aware of what the Love Potion collection is to you. I enjoy all of them...except this one. It's the laziest one to date, on all fronts. I like Irish Funeral and Cover My Tracks. How to Build a Warhead is entertaining. And you do experiment with some new flows. But there's really no point in pointing out all the wackness since this is unfinished and ahem...unusable. Right? And, yes, I will always have expectations for the rappers I like. It's a good thing, Mac. But to be on some "you don't get it...it's supposed to be wack" just makes me feel like I should have saved my money.

Not gonna argue about it. Already had a couple people say that it took 6 or 7 listens before it really clicked and started to make sense.

It's not lazy in my opinion. Anymore lazy than any of the other ones are.

I meant unusable as in, "Doesn't fit the concept or narrative of the album I am working on." Not music that should be trash canned. I have plenty of that too. And that ends up in the trashcan.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:38 pm
Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

Dr Sagacious wrote:
I kinda figured it was like that. I mean, I like the approach to the album. At some points you sound very happy, and you just want to take a break from the more "serious" songs. But then you get to "Cover My Tracks" and you're blown away from creativity. I dig it.

It definitely has me looking forward to your next works.

My only complaints is that some of the beats that should be hitting hard, don't really hit that hard. Could be my speakers, but iunno.

Really? I have a system in my car, and these beats thump harder than any other beats I've rapped to. "Rattlesnake vs. Mongoose" makes my fucking car levitate.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:40 pm
Dr Sagacious

Yeah, it's more than likely my speakers. They really only hit nice when I'm listening to Southern beats. Haha. I have stock speakers. Need new ones, but those are low on my priority list, right now.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:49 pm
adic

I'm kinda with Remind on this one... Although I'm not completly let down, just more of the opinion it could have been better...

Not really feeling the production much, that's probably the part that seems a bit lazy I guess...
Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3