Search
Register
EU/AUS/NZ TOUR 2010: Sage & B. Dolan - ALL DONE.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Woland

I had hoped to catch the Wellington show, but I only have a limited time to see all the magnificent things in NZ, so unfortunately I'm on my way to Christchurch already... boo.

I saw Sage posters on Cuba St in Wellington though. And saw that the San Francisco Bathhouse is kind of a hidden place right in the center of the city.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:17 pm
Mr Jenkins

Look out for the earthquakes Woland!
make sure you drive west coast down south island, scenic route.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:03 pm
Woland

Haven't felt any aftershocks yet. It would be kinda cool to feel a small one, I've never been in a quake. We'll be travelling all over South Island, but we can't really choose the routes, 'cause we're travelling by bus.

(Sorry for being off topic)
Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:31 am
open

Sage,

I just wanted to thank you for the show last night. I was the guy from Los Angeles who said he saw you four times, one of those times being years ago in Newport Beach. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience here ("a shitty night in shitty Auckland"). Regardless, I've been a fan for a long time... and I'm glad I finally got a chance to shake your hand.

Ed
Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:58 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Thanks man. It was nice meeting you. But the show itself depressed the shit out of me. Or maybe I was already depressed and it took that show to make me acknowledge it. That being said, I honestly feel it was the worst show out of any show I've done this year including all the gigs in America, Canada, Europe and Australia. The sound was shitty, the soundman was shitty, a lot of people in the front row were tweaked out and shitty. Which made my mood really shitty. I had to fight through that set.

That being said, I just did soundcheck in Wellington and this place is poised to redeem NZ. I know it.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I just finished my very last show of my touring career. No fireworks went off. No confetti dropped from the ceiling. There was no champagne involved. I did push someone with my foot off of the stage. I did grab his crotch and rip a patch of denim off of his jeans. I did tell many jokes and have fun. I did perform songs that I enjoy. I did do an encore. I did have someone think I was giving away my CDs for free and then he gave me a stink face when I said they weren't. I did get offered a variety of uppers & downers. I did not take any. I did go directly back to my hotel room to be by myself as soon as I could. I'm all done this touring shit. USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Eastern Europe, Australia & New Zealand...thank you. It's been a long & lonely trip but I'm glad I took it.

"And I say to myself, another castle in the bag."
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:56 am
Flossin

Poland says: How could you, Sage? How could you.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:30 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Half of Poland was in attendance for the performance I did at a festival in the Czech Republic.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:05 am
Flossin

Sage Francis wrote:
Half of Poland was in attendance for the performance I did at a festival in the Czech Republic.

Ha, I wasn't really very serious, but that sure shows you have a fanbase here. I was planning to go to one of the shows in Germany myself, but was too short on cash to travel across the border. Too bad, things just didn't work out for me this summer. Having you over here would sure be nice, though.

I hope it really isn't your last tour, though and that I'll still be able to see your performance anywhere in the world in the future.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:19 am
Lants

I fully support Sage giving up touring so he can come and live in Australia :)
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:27 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I've beeeeeeen many plaaaaces....in this life and tiiiiiiime,
I've sung a lot of sooooooooongs...I've saaaid some bad rhyyyyymes.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:38 am
maiki-t

but, but, this means i only got to see that orsm live shit once!!!

:(...lols
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:45 pm
antics

sage, seen you three times in melbourne, loved every show, always managed to get into some misadventure at your gigs. was always inspired by your live performance. seems a shame that people who missed you will be deprived of it...

which makes me wonder why are you calling it a day on the live shows?
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:18 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

There's no reason I can give that will satisfy anyone's curiosity. And if I told people the real reason they wouldn't believe it. Fuggit. All I can say is that I've reached the end of the road. Will I tour again in 10 years or sooner? It's possible. Depends on how bad I fuck things up with my finances and home life.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:23 am
Z-0

Sage Francis wrote:
And if I told people the real reason they wouldn't believe it.

take the risk, we've appreciated your honesty thus far...
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:22 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next