Search
Register
Currency Wars and More...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Charlie Foxtrot

jakethesnake wrote:

Hell, think of just the time or money loss resulting simply from the size of the body needed to govern the whole world...

Of course, if such a government did exist it would have to spend zero dollars on defense
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:35 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

What's up with commodities?

I work in the bakery business..
07/08 were killer on my sheets..
Wall Street was gambling on food futures and making millions..

then Carl Levin shut down the Enron Loophole with the Farm Bill..
http://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=297870
and things went back to the way they were before..

but i've noticed my prices for raw materials (flours, oils, sugars) creeping back up..
has Wall Street figured out another way to fuck me over?
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:10 pm
Joshua Kane

T-Wrex wrote:
What's up with commodities?

I work in the bakery business..
07/08 were killer on my sheets..
Wall Street was gambling on food futures and making millions..

then Carl Levin shut down the Enron Loophole with the Farm Bill..
http://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=297870
and things went back to the way they were before..

but i've noticed my prices for raw materials (flours, oils, sugars) creeping back up..
has Wall Street figured out another way to fuck me over?

Nah they haven't, its one of the same old ways they fuck us over haha. If the dollar declines, prices of real things in dollars goes up. Since the Fed announced it was moving towards another round of money printing the dollar has declined 6%. That kind of move in two weeks is astounding in currency markets. Also since that announcement 25 nations, among them the world's second largest economy (Japan), have announced money printing measures of their own. In other words every nation is debasing their currencies against real goods through money printing. China on the other hand (which may in fact now be the world's second largest economy) has been holding down their currency for decades through machinations that, in effect, result in Yuan printing.

Long story short, we may be looking at an inflationary barn burner coming down the pike. What's that gonna do for the American consumer? Nothing good, nothing good. Panic in the marketplace will follow at some point. There are no innocuous routes out of this mess and into the next world order.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:32 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:

Hell, think of just the time or money loss resulting simply from the size of the body needed to govern the whole world...

Of course, if such a government did exist it would have to spend zero dollars on defense

But what about ze Germans?

And Josh I think I understand about the inflation. We print money, which drives the dollar down, and inflates the price of goods. Then other nations do the same as a response, as they don't want the value of their goods to deflate. Not that they want inflation or more printed money even, they are doing it to stay competitive. The wrench in the works is China.

As for the governing body in a unified world government. I would hope that there would be tiers or sub-governments. We have a system in New Hampshire that generally works well. Town councils for smaller municipalities, mayor/councils for larger ones. Power is granted to the state for anything that isn't covered by local government.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:55 pm
Joshua Kane

jakethesnake wrote:
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:

But what about ze Germans?

And Josh I think I understand about the inflation. We print money, which drives the dollar down, and inflates the price of goods. Then other nations do the same as a response, as they don't want the value of their goods to deflate. Not that they want inflation or more printed money even, they are doing it to stay competitive. The wrench in the works is China.

As for the governing body in a unified world government. I would hope that there would be tiers or sub-governments. We have a system in New Hampshire that generally works well. Town councils for smaller municipalities, mayor/councils for larger ones. Power is granted to the state for anything that isn't covered by local government.

We's about on the same page. Now onto the rest of the world!
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:01 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Joshua Kane wrote:
What's that gonna do for the American consumer? Nothing good, nothing good. Panic in the marketplace will follow at some point. There are no innocuous routes out of this mess and into the next world order.

Never say nothing.. I think The American Consumer consuming less would be a something good. We're a bunch of fat lazy selfish litterbugs who love disposable electronics and other toxic trash...

I hope I don't die in the forthcoming Debt War... I'd like to survive long enough for Obama and the rest of the secret communists push forward the New World Order's secret agenda.... The Venus Project.
http://www.thevenusproject.com/

Peak oil has already passed.. We use a lot of petrochemical fertilizers to grow food and for food for the animals that we feed for make more food.. If oil keeps going up and the dollar keeps going down... Is the food system the next house of cards to topple?.. Will America have to eat beans, rice and flatbread all the time like the rest of the world?.. Will I not be able to work for minimum wage and be able to afford seven double cheeseburgers per one hour that I'm at my cell phone kiosk at the mall?..

I have a million more worries about the future.. but I'll just ask a little at a time.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:11 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

jakethesnake wrote:

But what about ze Germans?[/quote]

"We can do without butter, but, despite all our love of peace, not without arms. One cannot shoot with butter, but with guns." - Joseph Goebbels
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:15 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

so Russia won't sell the missile system to Iran..

so Venezuela buys 'em with cash instead.....

http://www.tehrantimes.com/Index_view.asp?code=228624

what's this all mean?
Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2