Search
Register
matrix theory
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

tinkleDRINKER

matrix theory  Reply with quote  

after chewing on the movie for a little while it occured to me that neo is most probably a computer program, inserted into the matrix, to either keep the system busy whilst a real reveloution takes place or to crash the system completely. i think this is supported by the constant referal to neo as a system anonmoly... the fact that when neo destroyed agent smith some of neo impronted on him, implying that neo is a program designed to corupt... the fact that neo had been preceeded by others like him, strikes me as the type program that keeps running through a system, changing ever so slightly every time, in order to find a weakness... and lastly because neo was able to stop the sentinals, implying that the "real" is also a program perhaps designed to keep neo busy.

anybody feel that this might be plausable
Post Mon May 19, 2003 12:40 pm
ObliO

yeah this guys thinks he knows whats up!
Post Mon May 19, 2003 12:57 pm
natas sevol dog

robots give you a reptitle eye
Post Mon May 19, 2003 1:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Dead Poet

word, me and my friend came up w/ the same theory almost exactly the same resoning aswell.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 1:17 pm
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

natas sevol dog wrote:
robots give you a reptitle eye

lol....yeah they do.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 1:21 pm
Random Sample

That is a pretty good theory. I was thinking about the same thing. But the only thing I got against it is why would he be a living person if he was a computer program. He would not need a body then in the "real world." There is something deeper with the agent smith thing that looks like it will be cleared up in the third one. When he jumped into him in the first one I think they both rubbed off on each other. But the whole thing with stopping the sentinels in the tunnels still baffles me. I just don't understand that yet. Maybe Zion is a part of another matrix? A Matrix with in a Matrix. That is why neo can use his powers. But who knows. All for anyone who cares the Merovingian, the guy who wipes his ass with silk in the movie, Is a old term for the Order of the Holy Grail. The Merovingian's purpose is to preserve, protect and Quest for the Holy Grail. I thought that his name had some relevence and I couldn't remeber what it was. knowing this makes it easier to understand him and his crews relevance in the movie. check out this website to read more about the merovingian.

http://adam23.freeyellow.com/
Post Mon May 19, 2003 1:30 pm
tinkleDRINKER

random_sample wrote:
That is a pretty good theory. I was thinking about the same thing. But the only thing I got against it is why would he be a living person if he was a computer program. He would not need a body then in the "real world." There is something deeper with the agent smith thing that looks like it will be cleared up in the third one. When he jumped into him in the first one I think they both rubbed off on each other. But the whole thing with stopping the sentinels in the tunnels still baffles me. I just don't understand that yet. Maybe Zion is a part of another matrix? A Matrix with in a Matrix. That is why neo can use his powers. But who knows. All for anyone who cares the Merovingian, the guy who wipes his ass with silk in the movie, Is a old term for the Order of the Holy Grail. The Merovingian's purpose is to preserve, protect and Quest for the Holy Grail. I thought that his name had some relevence and I couldn't remeber what it was. knowing this makes it easier to understand him and his crews relevance in the movie. check out this website to read more
about the merovingian.

http://adam23.freeyellow.com/

I do not think that neo is real person, perhaps the neo was made to think he is real ... you know...to function (as a virus) properly in the matrix. what i am trying to say is that there never was a "real"...it has always been tha matrix... and the batlles have been taking place between neo and the system controls.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 1:42 pm
ObliO

"robots give you a reptitle eye"

yeah this guy thinks that 33rd degree masons and other illuminatti, control the masses in this matrix. He believes the reptiles were an ancient advanced civilization, that now resides in the lower fourth dimension but controls leaders in this world......cookoo,cookoo

Post Mon May 19, 2003 1:44 pm
BKGSP

I believe the system anomaly the architect is referring has nothing to do with Neo specifically but in a general sense...the anomaly is the fact that given a choice, a very small percentage of the population will defect from the matrix, thus eventually creating an increasing amount of rebels.....Neo is a system anomaly because he defected from the matrix....this anomaly was detected by the mother aka the oracle accidentally it seems from the tone of the architects voice

as far as the "real world" being another parallel matrix, it makes more sense to me that it is.....first off, after speaking with the architect, Neo returns to the "real world" and while running away from the Sentinels on foot, he mentions that he feels different and that he can somehow sense the Sentinels now.....i have a feeling after talking to the architect, he maybe realizes that he is indeed in a parallel matrix and thats why he tried to and successfully stopped the Sentinels with his power.....i believe that maybe the architect made this parallel matrix in order to appease this low percentage of defects from the matrix.....he actually said in the conversation with Neo that while it remains a burden to avoid it, it is not unexpected, thus not beyond a measure of control.....SOOOOOO maybe the architect realizes that rebels will eventually emerge from the matrix and in order to implement the control, he created a second "real world" matrix in order to have the rebels think they in the "real world"

Quote:

You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control.

it can also be argued that the "real world" is in fact the real world and not just a parallel matrix....one question that can possibly break this "real world" matrix argument down is agent smith.....in the movie, he mentions when Neo went in his body and killed him at the end of the first movie, smith kinda felt a sort of connection towards Neo.....thats probably how agent smith broke away from the matrix and became a rogue aka a program hacking the program that was mentioned....also thats how he was able to clone himself so many times and able to infiltrate zion by going through the phonelines (since he was no longer CONTROLLED by the matrix, he was also no longer subject to any of its rules).......i was thinking maybe Neo made this same sort of connection from his dealings with the architect......maybe Neo took something away from his encounter with the architect and thus aquired the ability to destroy enemies in the real world
Post Mon May 19, 2003 2:13 pm
futuristxen

Re: matrix theory  Reply with quote  

tinkleDRINKER wrote:
after chewing on the movie for a little while it occured to me that neo is most probably a computer program, inserted into the matrix, to either keep the system busy whilst a real reveloution takes place or to crash the system completely. i think this is supported by the constant referal to neo as a system anonmoly... the fact that when neo destroyed agent smith some of neo impronted on him, implying that neo is a program designed to corupt... the fact that neo had been preceeded by others like him, strikes me as the type program that keeps running through a system, changing ever so slightly every time, in order to find a weakness... and lastly because neo was able to stop the sentinals, implying that the "real" is also a program perhaps designed to keep neo busy.

anybody feel that this might be plausable

I thought they said this in the movie? Wasn't this basically what the big long speech from the architect was about? I don't know. He talked for a long time. And there were all those bright flashy tvs in the background. I felt like I was in a college class with a boring devious proffessor. So maybe he didn't say this. But essentially this is similiar to what I thought the gist of what he was saying was.

I liked how when he flew the cars and building parts followed him. That was neato.
Post Mon May 19, 2003 2:13 pm
BKGSP

as a sidenote, we are all assuming that the architect is the final say in all matters....what we forget to realize is that he is also a part of the matrix.....and in addition, he refers to himself as the father with the oracle being the mother......as we all know, the oracle's primary purpose is not to prophesize or predict the future but to make statements in order to lead an individual into performing certain tasks....one of the main themes in this movie is destiny....all things are predetermined so the only relevant question is why?......so the architect could be fulfilling the same role as the oracle in that what he says to Neo could just be a way for him to lead Neo to do certain actions
Post Mon May 19, 2003 2:22 pm
bobbythebear

havent seen the second one yet . . . but if the "real world" is really just another "matrix" I have to ask about the two "real humans" in the first matrix, cant remember their names. hopw can the real world be another matrix if two pure humans, unconnected in any way to the matrix, still extist?
Post Mon May 19, 2003 2:37 pm
The Dead Poet

bobbythebear wrote:
havent seen the second one yet . . . but if the "real world" is really just another "matrix" I have to ask about the two "real humans" in the first matrix, cant remember their names. hopw can the real world be another matrix if two pure humans, unconnected in any way to the matrix, still extist?

Maybe they were like Agent smith... i don't know... my heads hurting from all this Matrix talk... i'ma have to go watch Searching for Nemo:)
Post Mon May 19, 2003 2:44 pm
BKGSP

bobbythebear wrote:

yeah i think youre talking bout tank or dozer.....im not saying their not humans.....im saying that there may possibly be two parallel matrixes.....the obvious one with all the agents and the underground one otherwise known as zion......if this is true, then its most likely done for the purpose of control (whether or not it is by the architect or someone higher up on the chain of command is yet to be seen)
Post Mon May 19, 2003 2:53 pm
BKGSP

The Dead Poet wrote:
Maybe they were like Agent smith... i don't know... my heads hurting from all this Matrix talk... i'ma have to go watch Searching for Nemo:)

that movie looks dope!
Post Mon May 19, 2003 2:54 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next