Search
Register
New video - "LOVE THE LIE" (stop-motion stylee)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

z-spot22

DOOOOOOOOOOOD! awesome......so nice to see these kick ass videos keep poppin outta SFR, its been a long road and its so good to see you continually putting out top notch work

i <3 LI(F)E..........

"I'm the 'F' in it" - MarkZee
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:00 pm
mattarl

YeS!

Ever since the show I find myself riding to work, listening to this, yelling "GIRLS AND LIIIEEEESSS!" out the window to the cars around me.

This is awesome!
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:10 pm
leifkolt

Jim and I have known each other for a long time, and I was fortunate enough to help him out on this video. Here are a few behind the scenes shots of how this project got made, figured some of you production guys might enjoy these.

The 'other dude' puppet. Biggest of all 3 characters.

Jim setting up one of the lab shots.

One of the city sets. This scene didn't make it into the video. But you get an idea of the size of these things and you can see the studio area.

The first day of shooting.

City backdrop, carved from styrofoam. In front of a painted 'sky' texture.

Female robot in construction. The only puppet built from a special kind of sculpting foam.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:26 pm
jim_foltice

Thanks to everyone who checked out the video and to thoes who took time to comment. I really do appreciate it! Happy to chat with anyone and everyone who might have Q's or comments. Thanks again!
Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:27 pm
leifkolt

jim_foltice wrote:
Thanks to everyone who checked out the video and to thoes who took time to comment. I really do appreciate it! Happy to chat with anyone and everyone who might have Q's or comments. Thanks again!

oh wow. You ARE on this forum! ... in celebration, here's a pic of you in the hardware store looking a little over worked.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:46 pm
smake

Amazing video. Not at all what I would have expected, but works really well. Goddamn, that is some great stuff.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:10 am
mzehe916

Seeing those pictures from production have inspired me to do something I'll never do. Nice work.

Can I ask what program you used to piece it all together? This will further assist me in never doing this. Adding devil horns and fake mustaches with ms paint is "master photoshopping" as far as my abilities go.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:49 am
leifkolt

mzehe916 wrote:
Seeing those pictures from production have inspired me to do something I'll never do. Nice work.

Can I ask what program you used to piece it all together? This will further assist me in never doing this. Adding devil horns and fake mustaches with ms paint is "master photoshopping" as far as my abilities go.

hahaha... ah yes.

Capturing images = Dragon Stop Motion
Converting Stills to .mov clips/ Digital Effects = After Effects
Editing Clips End to end = Final Cut Pro
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:58 am
poopsnack

great video! It reminds me a lot of the movie 9.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

yessssssssss. that was fantastical.

"sober" made such an impression on me in my youth that i have always loved stop-motion ever since. there is something about it that captures emotions that slip by with other methods. maybe its because its such a labor of love? its all about the subtle nuances- the turn of the head, pauses...ah, love it!
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:11 am
Captiv8

And my man is from G-Rap! Outstanding work!
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:30 am
z-spot22

mzehe916 wrote:

you'll never do nice work? ha, just kidding......but i do agree, the inspiration factor of this vid and the one for "Best of Times" have given me some fuel, 2 great songs and 2 great videos to go along with them.....
Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:34 pm
jehu

amazing video. the director is one patient stud. i like this video better than best of times, easily & i really dig that video. but this one is just so awesome. great song/great video!
Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:00 am
Buddy Peace

That was dope - the video obviously but then also what just happened with Leifkolt and Jim! Awesome. I can't get over how dope some stop motion animation is, and what I really truly appreciate is that for the most part there is NO getting away from a lot of work hours involved... You can just see the efforts and skill on the screen. I really dig that a lot. This video is excellent and as has been said already, the SFR vids of late have been stunning.
Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:25 am
jim_foltice

Thank you very much for the positive feedback and encouraging words, it means a lot to me. I would like to take just a sec to thank a few peeps for their invaluable contributions to this video.
First and foremost, Mr. Sage Francis for his amazing music to put images to. Not to mention his ridiculous talent and creative input and encouragement on this video. He seems to be truly remarkable and involved in all facets of his music including the videos he puts out, and for that I am super greatful!
And of course the talented Leif Kolt for his help. Leif actually came and lived with me for 9 days during production, helping me with all aspects, from set construction, puppet fabrication, to the little things like keeping me awake at night and pounding on my door in the morning. Then I talked him into Leaving his beautiful girl yet again a couple months later to come back for a week and help me with post! Thanks again Leif, your help was detrimental.
Also shout to Ernie Richards and Bryce Porter for their help. Thanks again guys and I am more than happy to answer any and every Q's or comment you might want to chat about......PEACE
Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:41 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next