Search
Register
EU/AUS/NZ TOUR 2010: Sage & B. Dolan - ALL DONE.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Seamus Ignoramus

What are the chances of an appearance in Ireland?
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:34 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We won't be playing Ireland on this tour. I will be back there at some point though. Told my mom I'd bring 'er.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 am
leadfarmer

brighton freebutt..  Reply with quote  

i already have tickets for this show and can't wait, but i thought i'd bring this to your attention Sage.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=134893083194395&ref=ts

a similar situation occured a few years back that lead to the place closing down for a while. its usually a minority of locals complaining about the noise and the authorities get involved and reset the limiters in the venue.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:17 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

The promoter of the event owns that club. We've looked into that already. If that club gets shut down for any reason we'll probably be able to find a replacement without much of a problem. I'll definitely keep people updated on that.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:29 pm
Seamus Ignoramus

Shame about the no-show. Give me a shout if you need any pointers when you're bringing your Moms here.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:12 am
leadfarmer

Sage Francis wrote:
The promoter of the event owns that club. We've looked into that already. If that club gets shut down for any reason we'll probably be able to find a replacement without much of a problem. I'll definitely keep people updated on that.

ah good to hear, sir. just didn't want any nasty surprises coming your way. looking forward to the show
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:29 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

The BRIGHTON date has changed from the Freebutt to a venue called AUDIO.

Same date. Different venue. No more Freebutt. That's right. No more Freebutt.
Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:06 pm
Mr. Gundam

I didn't know until just now that you're in London on the 14th of Juli.. I am too but now the gig is sold out... :cry:
Has anyone got an idea of how I might still be able to see Sage?
Help would be much appreciated.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:32 am
mancabbage

tehre is a guy on here selling a ticket

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=117095491657756&index=1
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:28 pm
Lants

TICKETS FOR MELBOURNE BOUGHT!!!!!!

omfg :D
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 pm
Lants

sage, is there only the one melbourne show??

i got tickets for the 15th Oct - if there are others, please link me to buying tickets for all other Melbourne shows. so happy :D
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 pm
PAS

So, about the Uppsala date, its spoken word on the menu ie no music?
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:20 am
Flossin

Sage article in Polish "Newsweek"  Reply with quote  

In this weeks Polish edition of Newsweek there's a really positive article about Sage and his latest album. This is the first time I've seen Sage featured in such a major magazine over here (he was featured in hiphop press here years ago, though). My buddy texted me about it today so I went and got it just to read this thing.

Sorry for the shittyness of this, but I couldn't scan it so I just took a photo of it (yeah, I know there's this bigass date on the photo cause I forgot to turn that thing off) and anybody interested can see it HERE.

Since nobody will be able to read that thing I can just summarize it for y'all. It's really positive, although it kinda plays up the "white rapper" angle a bit (it's Newsweek...). The guy mostly seems to have good info on Sage and it seems he did his homework.. Though there was some info there that I'm not so sure about. It also has some Chuck D quotes about Sage and it mentions that "both Eminem and Sage Francis released their new albums recently. Critics have no doubts about which album is better."
It praises the new album a lot (but also gives props to Sage's older stuff).

The article is very positive and will no doubt get Sage some more attention over here (he already does have a fanbase here, though).
Now come on, Sage, play a show in Poland. It's like you're playing every European country except Poland on this tour, ya bastid. And bring Dolan with you.

*(sorry if this post was terribly written. It's been a long day and I'm slippin)
Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:13 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Thanks for taking the time to write about that!
I would absolutely love to play Poland. I've received a couple offers over the years but nothing ended up working out. I'd love to play there. I'm going to let my booking agent know about this Newsweek article right now.
Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:47 pm
Flossin

Oh, it would be great if you played here. All that talk about this being your last tour and stuff scared the shit outta me.

Also, regarding "li(f)e" being your last album, this article had a quote from Chuck D. saying (and I dunno how accurate this quote is gonna be, since I'm translating a Polish translation back to English..):
"Sage is young and he'll "grow up" one day. I can't remember how many times I promised myself that my next album will be my last one. It never was."
This is the first time I've heard this quote so I suppose it's new and I sure hope you're gonna drop another album in the future.
Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:32 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next