Search
Register
World Cup 2010
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

neveragainlikesheep

Hooray Holland! Agreed. Great World Cup. They've been a lot of fun to follow.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:48 am
smake

Ow, and against Uruguay, Demy de Zeeuw got a bycicle kick in the head, causing him to go to the hospital to get some teeth straight. Couldn't play the second half after he was unconscious for a minute. That guy also got a yellow card for reckless behaviour. Again, not saying that De Jong didn't deserve a red card, but both players didn't intend to hurt the player but were stupid in their attempts.

And the crowd was amazing today in Amsterdam. Half a million people greeted the Dutch team when they were on a boat across the canals. And then 100.000 people were at the main square where they got on a stage and were applauded once more. Great to see them get the love and respect they deserve from our crowd, they truely had us in their spell for four weeks. Amazing performance.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:24 am
Woland

leg.donor wrote:
iniesta has probably been my favorite non italian player of the last 5 years, the things he does with the ball are insane, i've never understood why people rate xavi over him.

Definitely. He's been injured a lot this season, but in my eyes, he's a step ahead of Xavi and was the best player in the world last season. He's amazing, but hasn't been that good after the injuries. He did improve a lot during the last games of the World Cup though and deserved the winning goal for being that good for a couple of years.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52