Search
Register
1 & a 1/2 more weeks of tour left. Thank Joe Pesci
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

1 & a 1/2 more weeks of tour left. Thank Joe Pesci  Reply with quote  

The shows are going great for the most part. Out the big bulk that we did only a couple fell short. Despite a couple van issues we still made it from venue to venue to perform the full show. The only show I had to cancel was Portland and it's a strange kind of miracle that I didn't have to cancel more than that in order to fly home. The crowds have been excited and even ultra-rowdy in some parts, merch is flying off the shelves and everything is going according to plan. Except for in my personal life. Heh. But, ya know, I kinda gave up having a great personal/home life back when I started this mission. As I've been saying at the end of each show, this is going to be my last national tour. I didn't want to announce that before the tour started and have it be part of the narrative, but I do want to say it out loud right now and make it very clear. I can't see myself doing this ever again after 2010. I will still do spot dates and maybe some short runs from time to time, but I won't do long strings of shows in the future. Not the foreseeable future anyway. I've got a lot of shit to deal with and a lot of things to build, fix, break down and nurture back where I live. I'm dealing with things as best as I can. This is some personal and private shit that I'm not going to broadcast publicly in any great detail. It's not just the loss of my father, that was kind of just the icing on the shit-cake.

I'd like to thank everyone who came out to support these shows. It does mean a lot to me to see familiar faces as well as new faces each time I return to these cities. It's been a hell of a run. I'm making a conscious decision to let it end after this year.

Thanks again. I'll find some new things to get myself involved with and you'll certainly know what that is when it comes time for that stuff.

xoxo
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:43 am
Dr Sagacious

Man, I am glad I went to Alvin's.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:44 am
Stumbleweed

Best of luck dealing with whatever you're dealing with. Thanks for the epic Denver show, and if it was your last national tour, it was damn sure a great one. I know you'll be back to Denver for one of those "spot shows" since we're some fiends.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:53 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

how old is mf doom?

i now realize the brilliance of his clone dooms doing shows
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:53 am
Stumbleweed

Neuro wrote:
how old is mf doom?

i now realize the brilliance of his clone dooms doing shows

He's turning 40 in Jan, 2011.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:56 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
C.R.A.Z.Y

hmmm.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Jared Paul

Gonna make me cry with this stuff big homie
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elorza

I haven't seen you live in quite some time now, which is a shame since your shows have unquestionably been my favorites, but I'll miss the hugs the most. Hopefully I'll be able to make Philly and NY, if not just one...maybe I'll even wear the Frederick Douglass shirt you signed so I'll have worn it the first and possibly last time I see you live. Meeemmooorrriiiieeessss....

I truly hope all things work out for the best, sir, and if not then I hope some writing will come out of it at least.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:20 pm
kese

You've been the hardest working person I know for a while now, not just for you, but for those around you also. It's definitely good to see that you'll be able to take some time for yourself.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
C.R.A.Z.Y

good luck with your endeavors.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Captiv8

Dr Sagacious wrote:
Man, I am glad I went to Alvin's.

Totally worth going to work on five hours sleep the next day.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:58 pm
selfworth

sucks for me, i will be on vacation next week and i will miss the baltimore show. this will be the first balt./dc show i've missed since '02.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:13 pm
mattarl

man.

see you in chapel hill.
fer sure.
I can't wait for this show.
mad props for not letting everything going on disrupt your relationship with the fans.
another reason we support.

short runs are cool.
forces me to travel.
see you then too.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:53 pm
iammessage

my shit cake life got in the way of making it to chicago...this is disappointing but understandable news...hopefully in the future i will have some pieces of the puzzle in place and be able to travel to catch a spot date sometime.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:48 pm
RoNn1e

I truly regret relying on a friend to take me to the Chicago show when that date was up on tour. No worries though; I know I'll be able to check out a future show of yours.. somewhere/sometime. You've put on amazing shows everytime I seen you, which isn't the easiest thing to do. Good luck with everything, brother.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next