Search
Register
LI(F)E - CDs, vinyl, t-shirts, hoodies & more!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

poopsnack

just finished a nice time on the couch with headphones and the lyric book. The whole album, loud, no pausing or rewinding. Fantasic album, very cohesive.
Post Sat May 15, 2010 11:45 pm
Nemonic7

I haven't even received an email that my order has been shipped yet(someone mentioned that they got an email of shipment). I was trying to change something in my order but I figure the item I want is not available since it is not in the store, so I didn't bother emailing customer service. Anyway I do remember reading you guys add extra goodies to the order if the order is big. My order was big so on top of it not even being shipped yet, I expect something extra but I wouldn't be disappointed or mad if I only received what I ordered. Anyway, I'm not complaining about the time it's taking. My order will get here when it gets here, I know they are working hard to get all the orders out.
Post Sun May 16, 2010 12:13 pm
futuristxen

On first listen I Was Zero, Polterzeitgeist, and Diamons and Pearls are my faves. with Polterzeitgeist being the highlight for me.
Post Sun May 16, 2010 12:58 pm
subsketch

16 years may be my favourite Sage song ever.
Post Tue May 18, 2010 2:22 am
Z-0

subsketch wrote:
did your pre-order arrive? i usually one or two days for mail to reach the central coast.
Post Tue May 18, 2010 5:10 am
z-spot22

haha, i just realized i been writing Lfe instead of Li<f>e......oops, i guess it stems from me saying "I'm the <f> in it" lately......which also doesnt make sense as to why the <> is around the i, oh well fuck it

italics!!!
Post Tue May 18, 2010 8:46 am
feltingstrap

my local record store was sold out of this so i broke down and bought it on itunes so i could listen to it on a lil road trip i been on.

DEFINITELY growing on me. i kept my expectations pretty low on this one. i am shocked to say that some of these songs are really, really fucking good. can't wait to see this live.. good work sage.
Post Tue May 18, 2010 11:01 am
SteveJB

Arrived today, giving it a proper listen with the lyrics book (thanks for including one, there's a few mistakes in it though, guess that's down to missing the deadline as mentioned at the back.)

Really enjoying the album so far.
Post Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm
subsketch

Z-0 wrote:
subsketch wrote:
did your pre-order arrive? i usually one or two days for mail to reach the central coast.

Nah, no preorder yet.. I found it at my local jb a week before the release date & couldnt help but buy it.
Post Tue May 18, 2010 9:15 pm
Z-0

i was thinking of doing the same, but thought better of it. i've paid once for the album, been let down now knowing that in future its better to buy a non-sfr exclusive in a retail store than to pre-order and wait well beyond its street date. i picked up dessa's album instead. i borrowed a friends store bought copy of li(f)e and put it on my ipod.
Post Wed May 19, 2010 1:23 am
Nemonic7

Can you believe my order came in but without the Life album in it? I placed an order for Hope, Personal Journals and the pre-ordered Life album and it did not come with those albums. I placed the orders all in one bulk order at the same time well before the Life release date, so I don't know what the problem is. Out of all albums to forget to include I can't believe the "Life" album was left off.
Post Wed May 19, 2010 3:49 pm
laurapalmer

hmmm....in fact, my preorder (made on the cutoff day) has not shipped and isn't here either. nor has my email to customer service checking on it been replied too (sent on monday). Evidently they are totally crushed over there.
Post Wed May 19, 2010 3:53 pm
Nemonic7

The funny thing is, in a previous reply, I mentioned that I'm aware that SFR gives out extra goodies at times and that I didn't care about getting extra goodies, just as long as I get what I ordered and here we have a situation where I got all this stuff I didn't order and what I ordered was not included. I'm sure it was a mistake, as I'm sure the LIFE album couldn't have sold out for the ones that pre-ordered them such as myself. Anyway I hope this mistake gets taken care of Sage.
Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:02 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

futuristxen wrote:
On first listen I Was Zero, Polterzeitgeist, and Diamons and Pearls are my faves. with Polterzeitgeist being the highlight for me.

Those are tied for my favorite with Love the Lie and Best of Times. This whole album is tied with AHD for my favorite Sage album.
Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:56 pm
laurapalmer

My shit is now shipped, which is awesome.

I can truly say after doing mailorder from all kinds of places for the last 15 years or so that SFR is pretty damned solid with getting orders out in a timely fashion.

In general though, outside the b.dolan cd, i have never had a smooth pre-order experience in that 15 years. shit is always delayed, as was recently the case with an order i made for the tim barry lp and an austin lucas record from suburban home (well over a month late in shipping). I understand dealing with pressing plants and manufacturers from back in the day, and it is some thankless shit.
Post Wed May 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next